Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck To Blame As Well

unitaswestand

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck gives us a chance in every game, but man, just watching Manning and realizing that could be us watching his magic still and to think of the draft picks we could have gotten for Luck.  The O-Line and D-line would be awesome AND we would have Manning AND a chance at a Super Bowl for 4 years at least.  Ok, I just snapped out of it.  Sorry.

Luck wasn't part of the solution tonight, but he certainly wasn't the biggest problem. Once again, that falls on our terrible, atrocious, vomit inducing blocking. (Or lack thereof.)

The defense wasn't exactly lights out to start, but they got it together at least and gave us a shot.

Up until the 4th quarter, Fins had one sack and one QB hit.  They were great for 3/4 of the game.  Unfortunately, the game is 4 quarters long.  And even then, a lot of those sacks were on Luck.  He got happy feet back there and it seemed to me that when his first read wasn't there, he'd be unsure of what to do and run the ball. 

Are you serious?

Luck's cap hit is what 4 or 5 M?    Manning, had he been retained...   28 M?

And Manning behind this OL....   LOL...       he'd be knee deep into his 5th neck surgery.

shheeeesh..

Luck gives us a chance in every game, but man, just watching Manning and realizing that could be us watching his magic still and to think of the draft picks we could have gotten for Luck.  The O-Line and D-line would be awesome AND we would have Manning AND a chance at a Super Bowl for 4 years at least.  Ok, I just snapped out of it.  Sorry.

Ya, Andrew L does hold onto the ball too long...  

But you know why?   Because this team has NO PLAY MAKERS on the field.       Wayne is a possession WR, DHB is just a guy, and TY HIlton is on the bench in favor of Stan Havilli?     Fleener showed some promise today, and Allen will help when he comes back.   But this team is limited.        Oh and when D Brown gets the nod in the most important snap of the game......     well maybe that is on a coach or two?

BUT, this team has to play very well to win games.     They won't squeak by on talent alone.      Andrew Luck HAS GOT TO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN for this team or it won't.

think about it,   Andrew Luck has had to bring this team back for 7 of it's 12 wins in his starts.   He nearly did it AGAIN.

This team is a work in progress.      Patience is the key, and that applies to JIM IRSAY also...   he is not helping matters with this silly tweeting.

He held on to the ball too long at times.  I thought the line played very well today.  Tough loss today.

Up until the 4th quarter, Fins had one sack and one QB hit.  They were great for 3/4 of the game.  Unfortunately, the game is 4 quarters long.  And even then, a lot of those sacks were on Luck.  He got happy feet back there and it seemed to me that when his first read wasn't there, he'd be unsure of what to do and run the ball. 

A blown block (Brown) ended the game.

Luck managed to stay upright a few times when most QB's would go down. He wasn't perfect by any means but, like I said, I don't believe he was the biggest problem.

And Manning behind this OL....   LOL...       he'd be knee deep into his 5th neck surgery.

He dealt with it from 2007 onward until he was jettisoned from the team. No run blocking and, by extention, no run game. No pass blocking on top of it. Still got us to the playoffs every year thanks to he and a few select players carrying a load of dead weight.

Are people really worried about Luck?

Honestly what kind of agenda do you have to have to look at Andrew and think he holds majority blame for this loss?

Oh one int? I forgot he was the first QB in the history of the sport to throw one of those late in the game. And even then he rallied us down the field with a chance to score and win.

Even the best throw INTs. But jumping all over Luck for his first of the year? You gotta come up with something better then that.

I'm pointing fingers at the first half D, the coach, and the line, before I even get to Luck.

How has Chuck escaped blame for icing the kicker who then missed, and then subsequently made a FG?

This was a team loss. No one person or group deserves all the blame. Though even explaining that feels like stating beyond the obvious.

Honestly what kind of agenda do you have to have to look at Andrew and think he holds majority blame for this loss?

Oh one int? I forgot he was the first QB in the history of the sport to throw one of those late in the game. And even then he rallied us down the field with a chance to score and win.

Even the best throw INTs. But jumping all over Luck for his first of the year? You gotta come up with something better then that.

I'm pointing fingers at the first half D, the coach, and the line, before I even get to Luck.

How has Chuck escaped blame for icing the kicker who then missed, and then subsequently made a FG?

This was a team loss. No one person or group deserves all the blame. Though even explaining that feels like stating beyond the obvious.

He made both kicks. 

I agree it's a team loss and by reading this thread that seems to be how most people are taking it they are just saying Luck shares in that blame too.  I don't think anyone is worried about him.  Well anyone who isn't running another agenda isn't worrying about him. 

He made both kicks.

I agree it's a team loss and by reading this thread that seems to be how most people are taking it they are just saying Luck shares in that blame too. I don't think anyone is worried about him. Well anyone who isn't running another agenda isn't worrying about him.

He missed the first one. That's what they announced on the radio and at the stadium. If that was a mistake they never corrected it for those in the stands lol.

He missed the first one. That's what they announced on the radio and at the stadium. If that was a mistake they never corrected it for those in the stands lol.

It looked good on TV and they said on TV he hit it, I'll admit I had my head down looking at my I-pad when he kicked but the ref put his arms up to say good. 

I'm more worried FOR Luck than worried ABOUT him. 

It looked good on TV and they said on TV he hit it, I'll admit I had my head down looking at my I-pad when he kicked but the ref put his arms up to say good.

haha interesting. They said no good at the game. People were pretty mad about it.

One of those weird moments I suppose.

True.  We're also becoming to dependent on hanging in there and hoping Luck can manufacture and winning drive in the 4th in every game.  Can't expect him to do that in every game. 

this is probably selfish/weird of me but sometimes i wish that when we lose it's a blowout for 2 reasons. 1). SO luck can get some serious RG3 type stat padding(like vs packers, eagles). haha 2). We can try out new things in the midst of a blowout, and it helps us hone our mistakes.

I absolutely hate games down to the wire because than it become a matter of "did we play equal and they just made 1 extra play, or did they just outplay us and we were lucky to be in it". Just my extremely long and more than likely irrelevant 2cents worth. 

Ya, Andrew L does hold onto the ball too long...  

But you know why?   Because this team has NO PLAY MAKERS on the field.       Wayne is a possession WR, DHB is just a guy, and TY HIlton is on the bench in favor of Stan Havilli?     Fleener showed some promise today, and Allen will help when he comes back.   But this team is limited.        Oh and when D Brown gets the nod in the most important snap of the game......     well maybe that is on a coach or two?

BUT, this team has to play very well to win games.     They won't squeak by on talent alone.      Andrew Luck HAS GOT TO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN for this team or it won't.

think about it,   Andrew Luck has had to bring this team back for 7 of it's 12 wins in his starts.   He nearly did it AGAIN.

This team is a work in progress.      Patience is the key, and that applies to JIM IRSAY also...   he is not helping matters with this silly tweeting.

I agree with you that Luck has had to bail out the Colts on more occasions than I'm comfortable with, but the no playmakers comment is just so wrong.  We have the best WR core in the AFC S, and our RBs are very good too.  Fleener is dangerous if he can hang on to the ball, which he did today, but part of it was overshadowed by that stupid illegal motion. 

A blown block (Brown) ended the game.

Luck managed to stay upright a few times when most QB's would go down. He wasn't perfect by any means but, like I said, I don't believe he was the biggest problem.

Yeah, not excusing Brown's missed block.  It definitely came at a very bad time in the game, but that one play wasn't the deciding factor.  We shot ourselves in the foot today.  I also agree with you that Luck isn't the biggest problem, but today wasn't his best day.  That was my only point.

I agree with you that Luck has had to bail out the Colts on more occasions than I'm comfortable with, but the no playmakers comment is just so wrong. We have the best WR core in the NFC S, and our RBs are very good too. Fleener is dangerous if he can hang on to the ball, which he did today, but part of it was overshadowed by that stupid illegal motion.

Yeah, not excusing Brown's missed block. It definitely came at a very bad time in the game, but that one play wasn't the deciding factor. We shot ourselves in the foot today. I also agree with you that Luck isn't the biggest problem, but today wasn't his best day. That was my only point.

AFC South.

Who said anything about Luck deserving "the majority" of the blame?  I didn't see anyone say that.  Merely that he deserves part of the blame, which he does because he did make some mistakes.  I think it was more to counter the people who refuse to put any blame at all on Luck because they don't think he has ever done anything wrong.  He made a few mistakes and did contribute to the loss.  He also contributed to the attempted comeback.  Either way, it's not "hating" or having any kind of agenda to say that Luck made some mistakes and deserves part of the blame.  I would counter by saying there is far more of an agenda by those who refuse to acknowledge that Luck does make some mistakes.

Who said anything about Luck deserving "the majority" of the blame? I didn't see anyone say that. Merely that he deserves part of the blame, which he does because he did make some mistakes. I think it was more to counter the people who refuse to put any blame at all on Luck because they don't think he has ever done anything wrong. He made a few mistakes and did contribute to the loss. He also contributed to the attempted comeback. Either way, it's not "hating" or having any kind of agenda to say that Luck made some mistakes and deserves part of the blame. I would counter by saying there is far more of an agenda by those who refuse to acknowledge that Luck does make some mistakes.

Who is saying Lucks made/makes no mistakes?

Because I've seen "hypothetical trade Luck" treads, but no "Andrew is a perfect baby angel" threads.

Also don't understand why you put quotes around hating as if I said it or implied it. But to act like there aren't posters who relish in Luck making mistakes, and overhyping how serious the mistakes are, is simply not paying attention or being willfully ignorant.

When I'm reading "Lucks int cost us the whole game" I don't think "rational reasonable poster."

I was at the game and it really was the tale of two halves. Outside of that drive where the Colts should of got the TD (Terrible penalty btw), they looked sluggish.

And yes Andrew missed on a good 4-5 throws where the reciever was open. The big one (could of been a miscommunication) was on the last drive when he had Fleener open over the middle but he threw the ball to the outside ad it nearly got picked.

It's week 2 and there's still time to get things fixed but these next few weeks won't be easy outside of Jacksonville.

I was at the game and it really was the tale of two halves. Outside of that drive where the Colts should of got the TD (Terrible penalty btw), they looked sluggish.

And yes Andrew missed on a good 4-5 throws where the reciever was open. The big one (could of been a miscommunication) was on the last drive when he had Fleener open over the middle but he threw the ball to the outside ad it nearly got picked.

It's week 2 and there's still time to get things fixed but these next few weeks won't be easy outside of Jacksonville.

The near pick at the end did look like miscommunication to me. I think Luck expected Fleener to break that route off early instead of  continuing across the middle.  I believe Luck correctly had picked up on a Miami blitz and the mistake was on Fleener.  Could be wrong but thats the way it looked to me at the game.

Who is saying Lucks made/makes no mistakes?

Because I've seen "hypothetical trade Luck" treads, but no "Andrew is a perfect baby angel" threads.

Also don't understand why you put quotes around hating as if I said it or implied it. But to act like there aren't posters who relish in Luck making mistakes, and overhyping how serious the mistakes are, is simply not paying attention or being willfully ignorant.

When I'm reading "Lucks int cost us the whole game" I don't think "rational reasonable poster."

There are several that will jump on anyone who dare question the greatness of Andrew Luck.  He is a very good young QB, possibly soon to be great but he still has some learning to do and experience to gain before he may or may not get to greatness.  Some, however, are already willing to give him his HOF jacket.  I also never said that there aren't posters here who relish in Luck making mistakes and yes it's very obvious what their agenda is.  Of course there are and the majority of them are trolls that I pay very little attention to.  But back to the OP who was simply pointing out that Andrew does deserve some of the blame himself, here are just a few posts either outright saying or at least implying that Luck should get no blame for the loss today:

meh, he really had nothing to do with the loss. he had zero protection

maybe we shouldn't blame the guy who IS the colts. i don't really like blaming any player. You just gotta improve. Of course, for the O-Line that's close to impossible. 

Yeah, I too think Luck should have better anticipated that Brown would let a defender run at him virtually unblocked on the last play.

Gotta use your noggin kid.

It's not always the offensive line's fault, or Coby Fleener's fault, or Pep Hamilton's fault.  Sometimes, even the great Luck himself is going to screw up and have a bad play.  

Luck made some mistakes but he played well enough for us to win. Even if Luck wouldn't have threw that pick to Grimes the way that Tannehill was picking apart Greg Vanilla's defense we were gonna loose anyways.  We didn't loose that game because of Luck,o-line, or refs we loss because of the terrible defense and 5 yard cushions that our CB's were giving to their WR's.  So if you guys are gonna blame anyone blame Mr Vanilla.

Luck made some mistakes but he played well enough for us to win. Even if Luck wouldn't have threw that pick to Grimes the way that Tannehill was picking apart Greg Vanilla's defense we were gonna loose anyways.  We didn't loose that game because of Luck,o-line, or refs we loss because of the terrible defense and 5 yard cushions that our CB's were giving to their WR's.  So if you guys are gonna blame anyone blame Mr Vanilla.

Apparently either Manusky does not realize Toler and Davis are press Corners or does not give a rip, given his predictable play calling and vanilla defense I dont think he seems to give a rip, And lack of creativity with blitzes

You can't just over look that INT that was a pure case of Luck getting greedy and not staying patient.  He was taking what the defense gave him to that point and moving down the field.  If we get one more first down there we are in field goal range and the end of the game is completely different.  Heck we were in range for McAfee to try to a long kick at the end of the game if we had wanted too.  So that INT cost us, so did Adam's miss, so did the defense, so did the line, so did the coaching.  it's a team loss which I think is pretty much the theme of most threads tonight. 

Apparently either Manusky does not realize Toler and Davis are press Corners or does not give a rip, given his predictable play calling and vanilla defense I dont think he seems to give a rip, And lack of creativity with blitzes

After the first drive he should have realized that Wallace was just too much to handle for Toler and put Davis on him. Toler is not a outside CB hes a slot CB. I've been saying this since the beginning were gonna need a great physical CB if the man defense is gonna be successful.

When will some of you start watching and timing. Luck is under pressure because he can't get the ball out of his hands. I know it isn't a fair comparison but Peyton would get that ball out in a heartbeat...

When will some us start watching and timing??  It is not rocket science. We watched and Luck don't have the time he needs. Then you say it's not a fair comparison and then did it anyway. 

It is not all his fault. But he can't find the check down with a GPS. He's got to get better at going through his progressions and finding the check down if he needs to.

It's kind of hard to find check downs where there is a linebacker or defensive end in your face. Luck is lucky to find his 1st receiver let alone have the time with progression looks.