Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck To Blame As Well

unitaswestand

Andrew Luck will be a great player, but right now he holds the ball too long.  I know it is vogue to blame everything on Castonzo.  We all know McGlynn and Satele aren't good.   But you can't hold the ball that long on every play.  Yeah, teams are blitzing more.  Hit the hot read.   We have seen a pattern the last two weeks.  Blitz Luck up the middle and he struggles.  Maybe it is Peps play calling.  

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The pick was a terrible decision, no doubt, but if he has to come from behind every single game, he won't and can't do it.  No one can. 

They moved the ball well most of the day, but didn't maximize their opportunities.  The coaching staff needs to tighten a few things up. 

meh, he really had nothing to do with the loss. he had zero protection

When will some of you start watching and timing. Luck is under pressure because he can't get the ball out of his hands. I know it isn't a fair comparison but Peyton would get that ball out in a heartbeat...

Edited by Superman

We also get so spoiled and think Luck is going to save the day in the end too. It stopped today at home....sadly. I hated to see us lose a home game but it is what it is.

He ran out of comeback miracles. I am sure there will be more but asking him to pull wins out of his rear end every week is going to eventually bite us too and it did.

We have to play cleaner all around as a team from start to finish. We make too many dumb mistakes.

We relied on Manning to bail us out year after year too and that wasn't fair either. It's like a strange pattern here with our QBs.

There were moments early in the game when Miami was going crazy on offense that our D looked absolutely laughable and embarrassing......

Yeah he deserves some blame. So does the rest of the offense and the defense and the coaching and the refs even too.

Total team loss.

Like it that you never whine and you tell it like it is. Everyone had a piece of that loss. Three points in the 2nd half of a football game sucks. This loss was on Andrew Luck , play calling by Pep , which ever coach ( Pep or Pagano) that had the time out to realize Brown was in the game and not Bradshaw. Miami was blitzing and the RB would be in the game to pick it up... so why would you not have the one that stones guys rather than the one that often wiffs in the game ? I think the defense played pretty well after those 1st two drives , so maybe they should get a bit of a pass ?

Totally agree with Jules.

This is my disappointment with this Colts organization.  O line problems and defense problems.  Offense can only take us so far, defense always wins championships.

I don't think the pressure on Luck was on the O line. Most of it came from blitzes , there seemed to be very little from Miami's front 4. 

I don't think the pressure on Luck was on the O line. Most of it came from blitzes , there seemed to be very little from Miami's front 4. 

There were a couple of plays where Luck needed to just throw the ball away. 

I think he will learn this as he gains more NFL experience.

There were a couple of plays where Luck needed to just throw the ball away. 

I think he will learn this as he gains more NFL experience.

For sure you're right but then think back to the plays that he avoids what looks like a certain sack and runs for a 1st down ? I guess we're taking the good with the bad ?

I simply said Luck deserves some of the blame, not all :)  But I think we would be blind to think he is superman and everyone else is to blame.  I am sure as the year goes on he will get more comfortable.  I remember in Mannings 1st year he held the ball too longer.  2nd year, that ended.

2nd year and Luck is still holding it too long...

Edited by Superman

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 16, 2013 - inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, September 16, 2013 - inflammatory

why doesn't luck ever throw the check down....

He doesn't see it, he hold the ball too long and if he does throw it, he throws behind the receiver just like he did more than once today...

I totally agree. He is void of criticism on this board and people need to accept he didn't get it done today. Fleener was WIDE open for the go ahead TD and he missed him. Other way about with a Fleener drop and the board would explode...

Man, you nailed that and it so sums it up.  If Fleener missed a play, there would be 5 threads calling him a bust and we should trade him.  If Luck throw the wrong way, it is the O-Line that messed up.  Luck is still a young QB.  He will be great but he is still learning.  I am sure he would be the first one to admit he makes mistakes.  

I know this isn't that case, but these first two weeks with the Colts, it seems for the first few drives, the Colts will go up and down the field and have a highly effectively offense.  Then, it changes to where they suddenly either get conservative or just throw a long ball to a covered guy.  Really long lulls in action.   It is too bad they aren't going more fast developing plays.  I know this is the No Coast offense, but in the west coast offense you normally have a lot of 3 step drop, quick passes.  I am not seeing that consistently.

I know this isn't that case, but these first two weeks with the Colts, it seems for the first few drives, the Colts will go up and down the field and have a highly effectively offense.  Then, it changes to where they suddenly either get conservative or just throw a long ball to a covered guy.  Really long lulls in action.   It is too bad they aren't going more fast developing plays.  I know this is the No Coast offense, but in the west coast offense you normally have a lot of 3 step drop, quick passes.  I am not seeing that consistently.

This has been a problem going back to last year.  We will have periods of games where the offense is just flowing and connecting and can move up and down the field with no problems.  In the same game we'll also have times where the offense just can't get out of first gear.  I think it's a product of being pretty young on offense and something they will grow out of in time. 

This has been a problem going back to last year.  We will have periods of games where the offense is just flowing and connecting and can move up and down the field with no problems.  In the same game we'll also have times where the offense just can't get out of first gear.  I think it's a product of being pretty young on offense and something they will grow out of in time. 

We were moving the ball up and down the field.  Just couldn't punch it in for TDs.  After 2 games, I still don't know what the team is. 

We had problems with that at times last year too.  Redzone offense is an issue for this team. 

True.  We're also becoming to dependent on hanging in there and hoping Luck can manufacture and winning drive in the 4th in every game.  Can't expect him to do that in every game. 

From what i saw of the game Luck def. deserves some blame. He was on fire in the 1st half but had an average 2nd half. The INT was a bad throw. He needs to throw that towards the back of the endzone where either Reggie makes a play or its incomplete.

When will some of you start watching and timing. Luck is under pressure because he can't get the ball out of his hands. I know it isn't a fair comparison but Peyton would get that ball out in a heartbeat...

not a matter of comparison. Matter of two different styles.

a) Luck is 2nd year

b) Luck should hold onto the ball because he can actually standup and still make a play/run

not a matter of comparison. Matter of two different styles.

a) Luck is 2nd year

b) Luck should hold onto the ball because he can actually standup and still make a play/run

Then he will keep taking sacks and having passes intercepted when he is under pressure.

Edited by Superman

Without Andrew Luck this may be the WORST team in the NFL.   

I am really disappointed in this D.    Indy simply cannot generate any pressure on the QB without blitzing.    And even then they don't get there in time...   much of the time.   It will be a long year if this does not improve.    I thought Werner played well but it's not nearly enough.

I understand the thinking behind these jumbo formations but Indy is trying to throw out of it way too much.    Stop trying to be cute and just go 3 wide and play Allen at FB (when he's healthy)  and put the pedal to he floor.     I mean Indy is throwing out of the power formations more than they are running and it is still getting our QB clobbered.       Use the optimal personnel and let the chips fall where they may.

On the bright side a top 10 draft pick would get the Colts the pass rusher they desperately need.

What a difference a year makes......  but Luck nearly bailed us out again...    Rome was not built in a day, ..

Obviously Andrew takes a bite of the "Blame Pie", but people acting like he lost us this game need to get a grip.

I think Luck played well overall, just some things didn't go our way and too many points were left off the board. The INt was critical however seeming the pick was thrown to a wide open Grimes. I'm sure he's scratching his head at that one himself. He's much more critical on himself them we are I'm pretty sure.