Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harvey and Rayford

Nesjan3

Do we have a spot for both? With the 4 mlbs, Mathis/Werner, Walden/Sidbury? Maybe no sidbury but 9 linebackers? Hmmm...

man you are very right, damn! I was so excited about the way they both played I didn't even think of that. I havnt seen Sidbury do anything, is he inactive?

All over the field the whole second half, didn't seem like the browns had an answer, looks like these two should be locked in as backups

Rayford should make the team, going to be tough for Harvey.

We have to remember that except for the first drive of the second half, they were playing against reserves.

I think Harnish was headed for the PS anyway so Harvey has to beat out one of the ILBs.

Yes.. Harnish will have zero to do with the LB that gets cut. I would think Harvey makes it and no way you in your right mind can cut Rayford. The guy has played lights out . So i guess that leaves Sidbury as the odd man out. At least he will probably have no problem finding another home.

Will keep 5 OLB's Mathis,Walden,Werner,Rayford,and Sidbury. Sidbury will make the team because of the money we paid him.

Sidbury is a Cap Hit of $65,000 I believe if he is not on the opening game roster and costs ($780,000) about $300,000 more than Harvey for the season. Sure liked Harvey in the Blitz. Is he becoming intuitive as a run stopper too?

I think Sidbury makes less than a million

I don't think the money will come into play here at all. I'm seeing a base salary of $715,000 ( Sidbury) and a signing bonus of $65,000. Says nothing about the base of 715K being guaranteed , thus the cap hit for cutting him would be the signing bonus amount of 65K. 

So the money factor in who gets cut is actually the other way around. 

Rayford cap hit is 405K 

Harvey cap hit is  480 K 

So add the 65K to Rayford's base of 405 and you get a savings of 715 K - 470 =  $245,000 if Raford makes the team and Sidbury doesn't

I don't think the money will come into play here at all. I'm seeing a base salary of $715,000 ( Sidbury) and a signing bonus of $65,000. Says nothing about the base of 715K being guaranteed , thus the cap hit for cutting him would be the signing bonus amount of 65K.

Rayford cap hit is 405K

Harvey cap hit is 480 K

So add the 65K to Rayford's base of 405 and you get a savings of 715 K - 470 = $245,000 if Raford makes the team and Sidbury doesn't

Nerd!

Rayford cap hit is 405K 

Harvey cap hit is  480 K 

So add the 65K to Rayford's base of 405 and you get a savings of 715 K - 470 =  $245,000 if Raford makes the team and Sidbury doesn't

This.

So long as Sidbury's contract isn't guaranteed, I don't think his contract will be a factor come cut day. Rayford has clearly been better. Sidbury has been practically invisible. 

Will keep 5 OLB's Mathis,Walden,Werner,Rayford,and Sidbury. Sidbury will make the team because of the money we paid him.

No he won't.   Because we didn't pay him barely anything.

I think he got couch cushion money for a signing bonus, and his salary (which is non-guarenteed)  is roughly $750k,  more chump change.

So,  we can cut him and it will cost the Colts literally almost nothing.      That was the beauty of the deal...   potential upside, with almost zero downside.       The only way he makes the team is if he shows the talent.    Money will not be an issue.

This.

So long as Sidbury's contract isn't guaranteed, I don't think his contract will be a factor come cut day. Rayford has clearly been better. Sidbury has been practically invisible.

Sudbury only played the first preseason game and I thought he made some good plays in that game. If his injury is a concern then I could see him being cut for that reason. Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised if he and rayford make the team and we simply carry 5 olbs

Sudbury only played the first preseason game and I thought he made some good plays in that game. If his injury is a concern then I could see him being cut for that reason. Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised if he and rayford make the team and we simply carry 5 olbs

I read somewhere today that he was hurt in the Giants game, so that explains why I haven't noticed him. And now we've IR'd him, so that's settled.

I don't think we'll see 10 linebackers on the final roster.    And, I don't think we'll see 10 DB's either....

As for the LB's....

OLB:

-- Mathis

-- Walden

-- Werner

-- Rayford

ILB:

-- Freeman

-- Angerer

-- Sheppard

-- Connor

-- Harvey

That's 9.    I think the question is do we really want to carry 5 Inside linebackers and only 4 outside linebackers.     My hunch is "no."    But I don't know who else on the outside we'd keep?    Hickman and Sidbury are both already hurt.

I don't think we'll see 10 linebackers on the final roster.    And, I don't think we'll see 10 DB's either....

As for the LB's....

OLB:

-- Mathis

-- Walden

-- Werner

-- Hickman

-- Rayford

ILB:

-- Freeman

-- Angerer

-- Sheppard

-- Connor

That's 9.    I suspect Harvey (especially since he's an Inside LB) is the odd man out.

I regret to inform you that Hickman is on IR. This would be my linebacker lineup also, if he was still healthy.

I regret to inform you that Hickman is on IR. This would be my linebacker lineup also, if he was still healthy.

Yeah....   after I posted I double checked and saw that too.   My regrets too.    I've adjusted my final 9....  I just don't know if I buy the idea of 4 OLB's and 5 ILB's??

Yeah....   after I posted I double checked and saw that too.   My regrets too.    I've adjusted my final 9....  I just don't know if I buy the idea of 4 OLB's and 5 ILB's??

I see Harvey as a kind of hybrid backer, so I think it's a similar lineup to having Hickman in there, though I think Hickman is better. But whoever that 9th linebacker is will be a special teams contributor, primarily, which Harvey is good at.

I see Harvey as a kind of hybrid backer, so I think it's a similar lineup to having Hickman in there, though I think Hickman is better. But whoever that 9th linebacker is will be a special teams contributor, primarily, which Harvey is good at.

Agree and I don't see any problem with carrying 9 LB's rather than 10.