Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

90 to 75-First Round of Cuts

PrincetonTiger

Normally the first round of cuts is guys who haven't played much or who have been playing at the very end of ball games.  So I wouldn't expect to see any "surprising" names this go round.  Personally I am not going to be blown away if any of the names above end up released. 

Normally the first round of cuts is guys who haven't played much or who have been playing at the very end of ball games.  So I wouldn't expect to see any "surprising" names this go round.  Personally I am not going to be blown away if any of the names above end up released. 

that is how I assembled my list by looking at the guys who saw late action, played due to depth issues or system guys who were signed as camp bodies.

that is how I assembled my list by looking at the guys who saw late action, played due to depth issues or system guys who were signed as camp bodies.

Oh I am not taking issues with your list.  I think it's fine.  Just a pre-emptive strike before someone posts something like Mike McGlynn or something. 

No problem guys but sometimes it's the guys that have been in the pre-season games that will be cut.  Take the scenario of the 1st stringers, not much playing time up to now because the coaches know their abilities on the field.  Of course there's favorites among the coaches but let's not get into that, it may be the ones that are straddling the fence that you'd want to grade/evaluate.  Let's say player A, B and C and player A may be the clear cut favorite to make the team (2nd stringer) but B and C are now playing for the roster and must be evaluated.

Who do you think will be playing the last game for the Colts?

Here are mine:

Davin Meggett

Robert Hughes

Lanear Sampson

Lee Ziemba

Shawn Loiseau

Monte Simmons

Danous Estenor

C. O, Prime

Kellen Heard

Martin Teveseau

Jeremy Kelley

Marshay Green

Johnny Adams

Daxton Swanson

Rick Schmeig

SW1 is no talent scout. I leave that to other Forum members like Dustin, Schwamm, BrentMc11, Jay Kirk, & Lollygager8 that are better equipped to make that judgement call than I am. Nice list though PT! I only focus on guys that make me go "Wow, now that kid was born to play ball!" I know it when I see it; more instinctive vs scientific. 

SW1 is no talent scout. I leave that other Forum members like Dustin, Schwamm, BrentMc11, Jay Kirk, & Lollygager8 that are better equipped to make that judgement call than I am. Nice list though PT! I only focus on guys that make me go "Wow, now that kid was born to play ball!" I know it when I see it; more instinctive vs scientific. 

Thank you

Having a coaching background and growing up with a coach and former college athlete I look at the games from that perspective.

When I was in Grade School my Dad provided Color for the High School TV station broadcast of Tiger games and I served as his spotter then during high school I broke down game film and served as an extra set of eyes for the coaches.

Thank you

Having a coaching background and growing up with a coach and former college athlete I look at the games from that perspective.

When I was in Grade School my Dad provided Color for the High School TV station broadcast of Tiger games and I served as his spotter then during high school I broke down game film and served as an extra set of eyes for the coaches.

Breaking down film & being fast & proficient at it is a huge asset & I have profound respect for meticulous and thorough attention to detail that this skill truly requires & the countless hours involved in dissecting cuts, blocks, hand placements, & breaks on the ball. I may not be a master at it like you clearly are PT, but I am good at spotting who knows what the hades they are talking about. I just shut up, listen, & try to soak up all the knowledge like a sponge. Nice work my friend!  :thmup:

Brandon Mcmanus P-1

Daniel Adongo LB-2

Robert Hughes FB-3

Mario Harvey ILB-4

Danous Estanor G-5

Ashante Williams S-6

Allen Chapman CB-7

C.O. Prime ILB-7 (really disappointed in this one, he had the best shot out of these cuts I thought prior to pickup of Sheppard)

Austin Thomas G-8

Davin Meggett RB-9

Lee Ziemba G-10

Jeremy Kelley WR-11

Bradley Sowell G-12

Teddy Williams CB-13

Sergio Brown S-14

Maurice Williams WR-15

1 Punter

1 RB

3 LB's

3 Guards

2 Safeties

2 WR's

1 FB

2 CB's

Brandon Mcmanus P-1

Daniel Adongo LB-2

Robert Hughes FB-3

Mario Harvey ILB-4

Danous Estanor G-5

Ashante Williams S-6

Allen Chapman CB-7

C.O. Prime ILB-7 (really disappointed in this one, he had the best shot out of these cuts I thought prior to pickup of Sheppard)

Austin Thomas G-8

Davin Meggett RB-9

Lee Ziemba G-10

Jeremy Kelley WR-11

Bradley Sowell G-12

Teddy Williams CB-13

Sergio Brown S-14

Maurice Williams WR-15

1 Punter

1 RB

3 LB's

3 Guards

2 Safeties

2 WR's

1 FB

2 CB's

I see Adongo earning a PS spot and McManus being kept around to save legs and/or contribute but I forgot about Austin.

Also from what I have seen on the forums here so far I have not seen Conners name brought up about being a potential roster cut.....With Sheppard stepping up and Loiseau stepping up I dont think Conners safe at all

Conner has been doing an ok job. He's improved his pass coverage.

Conner has been doing an ok job. He's improved his pass coverage.

I think so to but Sheppards better at that then Conner I think and from what I have noticed Loiseau is every bit as good at getting penetration into the backfield as Conner, Going to be some interesting decisions come tuesday all around

Also from what I have seen on the forums here so far I have not seen Conners name brought up about being a potential roster cut.....With Sheppard stepping up and Loiseau stepping up I dont think Conners safe at all

When did loiseau step up? I must have missed that.

Who do you think will be playing the last game for the Colts?

Here are mine:

Davin Meggett

Robert Hughes

Lanear Sampson

Lee Ziemba

Shawn Loiseau

Monte Simmons

Danous Estenor

C. O, Prime

Kellen Heard

Martin Teveseau

Jeremy Kelley

Marshay Green

Johnny Adams

Daxton Swanson

Rick Schmeig

Would be surprised to see Marshay Green get cut. He looked really good last night and last week. I think he has a shot at making the 53.

Brandon Mcmanus   K

Johnny Adams       CB

Rick Schmeig         C

Teddy Williams        CB

Robert Hughes       FB

Kellen Heard        DT

C O Prime      LB

Monte Simmons   LB

Danous Estanor     G

Austin Thomas      G

Davin Meggett      RB

Ashante Williams     S

Maurice WIlliams     WR

David Reed      WR

Lanear Sampson     WR

Brandon Mcmanus P-1

Daniel Adongo LB-2

Robert Hughes FB-3

Mario Harvey ILB-4

Danous Estanor G-5

Ashante Williams S-6

Allen Chapman CB-7

Austin Thomas G-8

Davin Meggett RB-9

Lee Ziemba G-10

Jeremy Kelley WR-11

Bradley Sowell G-12

Teddy Williams CB-13

Sergio Brown S-14

Maurice Williams WR-15

1 Punter

1 RB

3 LB's

3 Guards

2 Safeties

2 WR's

1 FB

2 CB's

Definitely don't see Sergio Brown getting cut. He brings value to ST and as a S.

Brandon Mcmanus   K

Johnny Adams       CB

Rick Schmeig         C

Teddy Williams        CB

Robert Hughes       FB

Kellen Heard        DT

C O Prime      LB

Monte Simmons   LB

Danous Estanor     G

Austin Thomas      G

Davin Meggett      RB

Ashante Williams     S