Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated record predictions for next season?

Training camp and week 1 of the preseason have afforded us a slightly closer look at the current crop of Colts players, coaches and new offensive and defensive schemes.

With this in mind, have your opinions changed at all? Are you more or less optimistic than you were a month or so ago?

Personally, i still feel we've improved as a team but i also still feel that 11-5 was a very flattering regular season record. I predict that we regress slightly and go 10-6. Whether that's enough to make the playoffs, i don't know.

Guest TeamLoloJones

With all the injuries every team has endured so far, and the Colts have been relatively lucky in that department, I'm a little more optimistic about this team making the playoffs again.

Training camp and week 1 of the preseason have afforded us a slightly closer look at the current crop of Colts players, coaches and new offensive and defensive schemes.

With this in mind, have your opinions changed at all? Are you more or less optimistic than you were a month or so ago?

Personally, i still feel we've improved as a team but i also still feel that 11-5 was a very flattering regular season record. I predict that we regress slightly and go 10-6. Whether that's enough to make the playoffs, i don't know.

I'm sorry but that's wrong were definitely talented enough for 14-2 bank it. 

Prisco has the Bengals winning the SB lol. I don't think they will even makes the playoffs

They actually look real good in Hard Knocks.  They're deep.  That division may be the most evenly matched in the NFL.  And they're all good teams. Even the Browns.  If Weeden continues to play like he's been they have an outside shot to win the division.

It all depends on consistency. I do feel like we outplayed ourselves last year, some of that may have had to do with the added emotion of Pagano's illness, or luck (note the lower case). I think a lot of times we put ourselves in a hole by turning the ball over and not creating turnovers. That said, if we gel and Luck does as well or better than last year, I say 10-6 or 12-4. Either way, I think we can win the South in a tiebreaker.

They actually look real good in Hard Knocks.  They're deep.  That division may be the most evenly matched in the NFL.  And they're all good teams. Even the Browns.  If Weeden continues to play like he's been they have an outside shot to win the division.

I almost like the Browns better than the Bengals...that D has a lot of potential. I just think some of the talent on the Bengals is overrated....starting with the QB. Then again, I really don't watch the Bengals enough to say.

Prisco has the Bengals winning the SB lol. I don't think they will even makes the playoffs

I think they'll make the playoffs for sure. I think they're a good team but i think they've been slightly over hyped this offseason. 

People are probably getting a little too excited about Dalton and a lot of people think Eifert will put them over the top. He'll almost certainly be decent this season but I'm not sure how much he'll contribute.

I almost like the Browns better than the Bengals...that D has a lot of potential. I just think some of the talent on the Bengals is overrated....starting with the QB. Then again, I really don't watch the Bengals enough to say.

Browns do look good. O and D coaches have good coordinator track records. If Norv can work with Weeden they may be the surprise of the NFL. We'll get a clearer picture next week.

As far as our record, I know we're better on paper but we're also unproven. We could easily go 7-9 like Prisco predicted. Miami, Tenn, Arizona, even the Rams have all improved. They're our should win games, but they could go either way.

Besides those, we're probably only favored over the Raiders and Jags.

That's tough.  I think we can win 5 division games, and that's pushing it, probably 4 (2 vs Jags, and then our home games, if we're lucky, 5 at TEN). 

Vs other AFC W - I think we can beat OAK, and 1 at either SD or KC, probably lose to DEN

Vs like opponents - Win vs MIA, probably lose to CIN,

Vs NFC W - tough one to gauge.  Win against STL, 50/50 chance against SEA, ARI, lose to SF

I think 9 games is realistic, should win 8, best case scenario we win 10 or 11 games.

That's tough.  I think we can win 5 division games, and that's pushing it, probably 4 (2 vs Jags, and then our home games, if we're lucky, 5 at TEN). 

Vs other AFC W - I think we can beat OAK, and 1 at either SD or KC, probably lose to DEN

Vs like opponents - Win vs MIA, probably lose to CIN,

Vs NFC W - tough one to gauge.  Win against STL, 50/50 chance against SEA, ARI, lose to SF

I think 9 games is realistic, should win 8, best case scenario we win 10 or 11 games.

I would call for a win vs AZ before the Cardinals.

I would call for a win vs AZ before the Cardinals.

typically I would agree with you, but a change in QB, with that defense changes alot.  Palmer isn't a slouch, even if he's not a top 15 QB.  Their D is fully capable of stopping our offense, and even with Palmer, they could put up 10-17 points against us, maybe more. 

Browns do look good. O and D coaches have good coordinator track records. If Norv can work with Weeden they may be the surprise of the NFL. We'll get a clearer picture next week.

As far as our record, I know we're better on paper but we're also unproven. We could easily go 7-9 like Prisco predicted. Miami, Tenn, Arizona, even the Rams have all improved. They're our should win games, but they could go either way.

Besides those, we're probably only favored over the Raiders and Jags.

I think browns and bengals will compete for division title. As impressive as the browns look imam give bengals edge because of aj green. Browns 10 and 6 bengals 12 and 4.

typically I would agree with you, but a change in QB, with that defense changes alot.  Palmer isn't a slouch, even if he's not a top 15 QB.  Their D is fully capable of stopping our offense, and even with Palmer, they could put up 10-17 points against us, maybe more.

It wasn't really a shot at the cardinals, I just really like the Rams potential. Although, I think the changing of defensive coordinator could hurt the cardinals D.

I think browns and bengals will compete for division title. As impressive as the browns look imam give bengals edge because of aj green. Browns 10 and 6 bengals 12 and 4.

I agree but I think the Bengals edge out the Browns.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns get a wildcard birth though.  I think they're definitely on the upswing.  As for Dalton, I think he has a lot of potential that's just not been reached yet and it's too early to say, imo, exactly how far he can go.  

It wasn't really a shot at the cardinals, I just really like the Rams potential. Although, I think the changing of defensive coordinator could hurt the cardinals D.

I think both the Rams and Cards have a ton of potential, and if the Cards hadn't replaced Ray Horton then I'd have picked them as a sleeper team to make the playoffs. I completely understand why they replaced Horton though...it's just gonna take some time to see if the new DC can keep the D rolling.