Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Garcon: Redskins offense can be best ever

Jules

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/25/pierre-garcon-our-offense-can-be-the-best-ever/

The conversation about the Redskins offense for most of the offseason centered on whether several key players would be healthy enough to play at a high level once the season got underway.

Quarterback Robert Griffin III, tight end Fred Davis and wide receiver Pierre Garçon are all healthy and practicing with camp underway, however, and that’s led to other thoughts about the offense. Namely, how good the offense can be this season and Garçon set the bar very high when he was asked that question.

“We have the potential to be the best offense ever, really,” Garçon said, via Jim Corbett of USA Today. “We can be the top offense in the league. We have a lot of great players at every position. We have a great offensive line, great tight ends, great receivers, running backs and quarterback.”

Corbett followed up to ask if Garçon meant the best offense in Redskins history, but the wideout repeated that he meant the best offense ever.

:)

Unless DC Jim Haslett dramatically steps up his coaching prowess this season, I seriously doubt that the Redskins win the SB this year Garcon. The 49ers D will throw you around like a rag doll son.  haha Also, you're not good enough to be the Saints either.

SW1 likes your enthusiasm though, despite the fact it is severely misplaced & misguided IMO. You won the NFC East last season in a very long time. Let's not get carried away Pierre thank you. 

They won't be anywhere near the top offense in NFL history.  They could be near the top of the league this year, but I don't even see them as being #1 this season.  Pierre is often injured and didn't have surgery on his foot.  And I believe I read somewhere that the foot injury is still keeping him out of practice to some extent.

They won't be anywhere near the top offense in NFL history.  They could be near the top of the league this year, but I don't even see them as being #1 this season.  Pierre is often injured and didn't have surgery on his foot.  And I believe I read somewhere that the foot injury is still keeping him out of practice to some extent.

Exactly 21isSuperman! Pierre is injure prone & he excels at making circus catches while still dropping easy completions just like Mr. Garcon was famous for in INDY. Some things never change even with a new zip code Pierre.  :D

Exactly 21isSuperman! Pierre is injure prone & he excels at making circus catches while still dropping easy completions just like Mr. Garcon was famous for in INDY. Some things never change even with a new zip code Pierre.  :D

I know Pierre was injured a lot last year, but did he still have problems dropping the ball in Washington?

The Redskins aren't that good and still have one of the worst owners in football.

They were a top 5 offense and had the number one rushing attack. Their defense was also top 5 in stopping the run. They are pretty good, one of the best teams in the NFC.

Assuming Garcon is healthy, the Redskins could be dangerous. 

RG3 never had any good targets to throw the ball to last season, considering Fred Davis missed the majority of the year and Garcon was playing at 70% or so effectiveness in the 9 or 10 games he fully played in. From what I understand, the Redskins went out and drafted the best pass catching TE in the draft, a guy from Florida. I'm close with a die-hard Skins fan and he said Alfred Morris is horrible as a receiving back, so they also went out and drafted one of the best speedster/receiving running backs in the draft, kid from Florida State. Granted, my info is coming from a Redskin fan so it's probably heavily exaggerated. In any case, I think even without the added pieces, the Redskins will have an extremely potent offense. They were dangerous as heck last year when half of their starters were on IR. Everything falls on RG3 and his glass knee if that team will realize its potential. 

I think the Redskins will be solid this year, not great... assuming RG3 holds up. Next season is when they will be a team to watch out for. Due to the salary cap penalties they have endured for the past couple of seasons, they are expected to have over $35million in cap space next year... and I'm quite sure their owner won't hesitate to spend every last dime. I'm not sure which marquee free agents will be pending next summer... but I'm pretty sure a handful of names will land in Washington. 

I kinda think losing Fred Davis may have hurt more than Garcon, though Garcon was definitely a boost to the offense when he was on the field.

As for their outlook, I think they'll have one of the better offenses again this year barring serious injuries that could derail it. Best ever? I doubt it, but I have no problem with the confidence. Every team claims to have confidence at this time of year.

The scat back they drafted out of Florida St is definitely elusive and can catch the ball, but he had some red flags in college injury-wise. Jordan Reed was the Florida TE they grabbed - compared to Aaron Hernandez coming out of college (save the jokes...) It looks for now that Morris could have a lighter load this year which would help him, but that depends on the rest of the RBs ability to pick up the slack. Shanahan will give it to the hot hand. The unknowns right now are Davis recovering from injury, Garcon declining surgery and instead using a shoe insert to take some of the pressure off, and who will step up as the #2 back behind Morris, and will the turnstile at RT be taken care of? RG3's knee goes without saying at this point...

Since we're talking redskins:

@JasonLaCanfora: Hearing Skins 4th rnd pick Keenan Robinson may have tore his pec muscle today, which would be significant injury. working to nail that down

yeah that sucks for them....he was in line to replace London Fletcher so he could have used a little more playing time

In redskins history

If that was supposed to be tongue in cheek, you do realize the Redskins had some of the more historically brilliant offenses in league history back in the 80s and 90s. So even if they end up being the best offense in Redskins history, they'd therefore be one of the best offenses in league history.  :thmup:

I know Pierre was injured a lot last year, but did he still have problems dropping the ball in Washington?

Okay, SW1 will admit that Pierre did have good hands in our nation's capital, but sadly that fact gets forgotten due to his time on IR last season. Did TE Chris Cooley retire for good now? I don't see name on the active roster right now. I guess so...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/07/23/chris-cooley-to-replace-andy-pollin-on-sports-reporters/

If that was supposed to be tongue in cheek, you do realize the Redskins had some of the more historically brilliant offenses in league history back in the 80s and 90s. So even if they end up being the best offense in Redskins history, they'd therefore be one of the best offenses in league history. :thmup:

Don't know about all that, but they did have one of the best offensive lines in the early 90's, the "hog protection" only gave up 9 sacks in 91' 3rd lowest in NFL history

They need a legit #1 receiver first.

Garcon can be that at times. He has made some 'Randy Moss' like sick catches. I remember one where he was going down the right side. It was on his back shoulder. Instead of turning to catch, he only slightly turned towards the sideline and used his right hand, palm towards sidline, to reach up and pull it down. Thats some seriously sick hands and grip. One of the most remarkable catches ive seen.

Don't know about all that, but they did have one of the best offensive lines in the early 90's, the "hog protection" only gave up 9 sacks in 91' 3rd lowest in NFL history

The '83 offense is ranked 6th all time (among the teams in front of them are four teams from 2007-2012, where offenses generally have gained the advantage) and the 1991 team is 25th all time with IIRC the best point differential in history. 

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. The Redskins offense is going to be good but definitely has some work to do before it can become the best in the league today, let alone all time. I do like the confidence though and considering the shape our defense is in post injuries and suspensions, we're going to need to be able to score a lot. 

If that was supposed to be tongue in cheek, you do realize the Redskins had some of the more historically brilliant offenses in league history back in the 80s and 90s. So even if they end up being the best offense in Redskins history, they'd therefore be one of the best offenses in league history.  :thmup:

:spit::funny::lol:  I think someone spiked your kool-aid  . I prefer recent success minus the disco balls . 1 decent season does not create a historically brilliant offense after many seasons of mediocre redskin teams they'v gained a lil relevance :thmup:  All I can say is its good to have a decent team congrats to redskin fans .

IMO    RG3 will flop this year & the silence will be deafening .. Of course I believe 12 will flourish under Pep Hamilton .. Giving him an opportunity to stand in rarified air Colts history has a lil brilliance of its own ..

IMO    RG3 will flop this year & the silence will be deafening .. Of course I believe 12 will flourish under Pep Hamilton .. Giving him an opportunity to stand in rarified air Colts history has a lil brilliance of its own ..

Well, that certainly doesn't sound like wishful thinking at all.

Unless DC Jim Haslett dramatically steps up his coaching prowess this season, I seriously doubt that the Redskins win the SB this year Garcon. The 49ers D will throw you around like a rag doll son.  haha Also, you're not good enough to be the Saints either.

SW1 likes your enthusiasm though, despite the fact it is severely misplaced & misguided IMO. You won the NFC East last season in a very long time. Let's not get carried away Pierre thank you. 

Not only that Garcon will have to learn to catch the passes that hit him in the numbers. It was uncanny how he would make acrobatic catches and then drop the easiest ones. 

:spit::funny::lol:  I think someone spiked your kool-aid  . I prefer recent success minus the disco balls . 1 decent season does not create a historically brilliant offense after many seasons of mediocre redskin teams they'v gained a lil relevance :thmup:  All I can say is its good to have a decent team congrats to redskin fans .

You do realize I said 80s and 90s and backed it up with numbers, right?

Again, let's break it down. If somehow this Redskins offense of 2013 becomes better than ones from the 80s and 90s, which ARE RANKED among the top offenses ever, it would therefore become one of the best offenses ever. It's not anything but mere logic.

Or did you just gloss over that in your hurry to get on and trash Robert Griffin? lol

Yeah kind of how I remember him too.

That is because he has to try hard to justify what he is paid off the field too. Heck, Reggie Wayne never made the type of money Garcon is making and was quietly part of one of the best offenses in league history. The best Colts players have talked more ON the field.