Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Release Saunders, Sign Adongo [Merge]

BrentMc11

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully one of these diamond in the rough OLB's can wind up being a decent pass rusher.  Speaking of, anyone know what happened to Jake Killeen?  I know he was a long shot to make the roster but was hoping he'd make it to preseason so we could get a look at him.  Just curious because I don't see him on the colts roster anymore.

I just saw another article on Colts by Craig Kelley asking "Is he the next Pollard?"  

Does 81 really mean this guy is going to try TE?

The video shows him hitting more than catching the 'football.'   Interesting!  :)

I just saw another article on Colts by Craig Kelley asking "Is he the next Pollard?"  

Does 81 really mean this guy is going to try TE?

The video shows him hitting more than catching the 'football.'   Interesting!   :)

I was actually wondering that myself.  He has pretty good size for it but like you said, most of the highlights are of him hitting people and we still have Cunningham and Jones at TE.  Who knows though, maybe they'll let him try both OLB and TE and just see where he sticks.

right first off Super 15 while a high level isn't the highest well at club level anyway that belongs to the Heineken Cup two southern Kings not the biggest club in the 15 's. Now International is obviously the highest level and Kenya ain't great at that either. What worries me s that the Bulls didn't renew his contract and that he moved to the kings. he prob can hit as he'll more protection with the pads so will likely throw himself around more. also does it say were he played in rugby if he played center he should be well able to tackle as well as if he played full back if he played wing however i'd be a bit worried.  

Pfffttt the Heineken Cup is filled with our cast offs ;-)

Other than that, I agree with your sentiments.

Wikipedia says he played Lock/Flanker.  This guys is Special Teams material at best IMO.

Then I wonder what the Colts think there doing? I hope he at least understands the game.

Relax Rep, Grigson knows what he's doing. July 27th-Sept. 9th is a long time.

Not to mention 4 pre-season games to get even more practice. Especially game 4 when the back ups see the most time

Hehe he played a handful of games whilst on "sabbatical".  Heck you even put our guys in your national team :-)

Back on topic.  Colts should sign SBW! LOL

whose on our national team?... if your talking abut schmit i still dont understand that i just devastated that flannery had to retire he was our best hooker since wood.but he is better than best best is a shocking hooker cant throw a line out at all

whose on our national team?... if your talking abut schmit i still dont understand that i just devastated that flannery had to retire he was our best hooker since wood.but he is better than best best is a shocking hooker cant throw a line out at all

Nah, a few years back.  Issac Boss, he was average at best.

Having played rugby ( prefer american football) I can tell you that you can definitely tell you that you need to be a very physical person to play, especially where he plays( not saying football isn't physical but I know 1st hand rugby is tough). With that said, if this guy can bring his physicality to football, he will be a beast and although LB is a good position ( not a bad tackler),I could see him just as easily at TE or) ( yards after contact)

As for Saunders, I did like him a lot but when cunningham was picked, it was only inevitable he would be cut and the off the field issue only topped it off. Good decision in all.

I see no problem with bringing in a guy with expectations of being on practice squad, with an outside shot at making the team.  He is built like a freak, an obviously pretty tough/athletic.  The first picture in the youtube video looks like he can bulk up even more -- if he makes the team, great!  If he gets put on the practice squad, that would be great, too (IMO).  Give him a year to bulk up, learn the game, and then next year it is like a free draft pick.

Football and rugby are not that different

Night and day. How many rugby stars are plying in the NFL? So far, there's one. A guy trying out for the Jets.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but there are plenty of guys his size with college football experience who can't make it in the NFL. You can't underestimate experience.

The kid must have shown something to get a tryout. If he makes the PS it will be a success.

Who made the transition straight from rugby to the NFL?

One guy is trying to make the Jets. No one else without some college football experience.

People don't realize how complicated the game is, you just don't decide to play one day.

"Football Is the hardest thing I've done"- Lawrence Okoye

That without even having contact or taking on double teams yet.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000215302/article/lawrence-okoye-football-is-hardest-thing-ive-done

I remember watching Hard Knocks a few years ago. I think it may have been with either the Ravens or Bengals. They gave a tryout to a kid at LB who didn't play college ball. He looked like he was carved out of stone and was very fast. But he was lost on the field. They told him to play some arena ball or semi pro and get experience.

I wish I could remember who he was. I don't think he ever made it.

I feel professional sports has become so specialized that's it's almost impossible to transition from a tremendous athlete with no college (or some sort of entry level) to professional sports.  You could do it from high school to college where some high schoolers are recruited as athletes.  Going from college to professional there were several but Hines Ward comes to mind as he played multiple positions in college but he had a background in football.  Our own Joe Reitz or Antonio Gates but they had HS experience.
Also there's so many camps for kids from elementary through college - qb; rb; wr; ol/dl; and even special teams - ls/p/k camps.  So much so that as I said it becomes specialized at a young age.  My personal opinion is if Tim Tebow came out 10/15 years ago he could have possibly (I say possibly) made a transition to fb/te/lb but now it's become to specialized that he has to learn all new techniques.  Ten/fifteen years ago he could have (saying could have) done it with athletic ability but as I said professional sports has become specialized.  Yes because of technical advancements like computers tomorrow's model is light years ahead of yesterday's model.

Yeah I have trouble seeing this guy making anything more than the practise squad.  We have had college football players try and transition to rugby and have been complete failures.

Both games are so different that transitioning from rugby to American football, or vice versa, is extremely difficult, they really aren't similar sports at all.

I wonder how the Colts scouts found him playing down here in South Auckland.  There are a bunch of gigantic polynesians in South Auckland that could plug holes on defence :-)

I remember in the late 90's rumours were swirling that the Dallas Cowboys wanted Jonah Lomu to tryout.  Probably all fluff to push up his value.