Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Release Saunders, Sign Adongo [Merge]

BrentMc11

There seems to be some ambiguity regarding whether he is a LB or TE.

Regardless, he'll be lucky to survive the 1st cut. At best right now, he is a special teams player. If he makes it through, he's likely to be PSd anyway. Nice story. Good for him and good luck.

It seems that another option that the Colts have for him is rushing the passer!  :omg:

http://www.colts.com/media-center/videos/Training-Camp-Move-In-Day-Daniel-Adongo/45db0069-fa59-40bb-bde6-9ffc175f60eb

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, he's a bench warmer till he actually plays. I've had the same injury he has had, only i tore my ACL and PCL at the same time, knee injuries for most people do take time (unless you're AP) so I'm not writing him off totally but until we see just how good or bad Chapman is, I will still say we need a mean,big aggressive NT.

Chapman had knee surgery around 17 months ago. That is plenty of time to recover.

Here's a video interview with "D.O.A"  on Colts.com

http://www.colts.com/media-center/videos/Training_Camp_Move_In_Day_Daniel_Adongo/45db0069-fa59-40bb-bde6-9ffc175f60eb

He really doesn't know anything about football(not even how to put on pads). I have a new guy to root for at camp though. Will be interesting to see him in pre-season. I'm also curious if we will move him around on offense and defense just to see how he is on both sides of the ball.

So based on that logic and the fact that Lefeged and Brazil are still on the team that would seem to mean that the Colts are cool with what they did then...

I don't think they cut Saunders to make an example out of him.  They just knew he was a boarder line player in terms of making the roster to start with and then the suspension just sealed his fate in terms of making the final roster so they cut him and replaced him with a guy who even if he's a long shot might be able to help the team.  Makes more sense to keep him than it does to keep a guy you know you are going to end up cutting. 

It tells me that Brazil is in a much more secure roster spot and probably more secure than some around here would like to think he is.  As for Lefeged yet the Colts are still probably waiting to see how that plays out.  The league hasn't officially suspended him yet even though I think we all know it's coming.  It also doesn't hurt Lefeged that he plays a position in safety that the Colts aren't nearly as deep at as they are at tightend.

Actually Justice Cunningham replaced Saunders, its hard to say if Adongo makes the 53 man roster or goes to the PS. I won't be surprised if we see Lefedge or Brazill released.

Actually Justice Cunningham replaced Saunders, its hard to say if Adongo makes the 53 man roster or goes to the PS. I won't be surprised if we see Lefedge or Brazill released.

I wasn't saying Adongo replaced him in terms of being a TE I meant replaced him in terms of getting his spot on the roster because releasing Saunders made room on the 90 man roster for Adongo.

ok. name one...  who should we have signed instead???   

:facepalm:

Once again, you take a comment completely out of context.

You're assuming that they would want to play NFL.  I'm just saying that as far as Rugby players go, he is no physical freak

Try Sonny Bill Williams--plays Rugby League for Sydney Roosters and played for the New Zealand All Blacks as a centre (so he has heaps of speed)--6'5" and 238lb--could make an awesome WR

Does it say how fast he is?

I would have honestly thought he would be an ILB because if you play Rugby at a high standard it is a given that you are a tackling machine, but OLB would be another good choice.

I hope he makes the team, always like the underdogs (by that i mean foreign athletes coming in to the nfl) to do well, for example Lawrence Okoye for the 49ers.

You're assuming that they would want to play NFL.  I'm just saying that as far as Rugby players go, he is no physical freak

Try Sonny Bill Williams--plays Rugby League for Sydney Roosters and played for the New Zealand All Blacks as a centre (so he has heaps of speed)--6'5" and 238lb--could make an awesome WR

Or Tight end?

once again, you response is puzzling.

im not sure what i assumed...  we signed Adongo, fact.  he is 6'5 250 (or something close), fact.  someone earlier stated there are better prospects than him for a OLB, fact.  I asked to have someone name a guy who would be a better prospect, fact.  you respond with Sonny Bill Williams is a better prospect for WR than a  guy we signed to be OLB, fact.  

no assuming here, just you telling me useless crap information.  i get it, there are other big fast guys that play rugby BUT Grigson picked Adongo.  There must be something he saw in him that YOU (and Gavin) DON'T!!  just be excited we got a new athletic freak prospect on the team.   

:rantoff:

Kyle, my original comment was in the context of people talking about his size--he is a big unit, but he is not unusual for a rugby player--big and athletic.  And I wasn't suggesting that there are a heap of Rugby players worth signing.  I mentioned Sonny Bill because he is about the same size, but much faster and with much better ball skills (and a huge difference in player quality), but there are other guys playing Rugby here who would be bigger, and just as fast.

I know Gates played in high school, I'm pretty sure Swann and Sistrunk did too.  I'd have to check on the others, but I bet they played in high school.

I'll give you kickers - it's the one position where someone can come in and "play" without having prior American football experience.

(Just checked, you're right about Pollard.  They didn't have a football team at his college and he played BB in HS)

what about Vince Papale?? :D

once again, you response is puzzling.

im not sure what i assumed...  we signed Adongo, fact.  he is 6'5 250 (or something close), fact.  someone earlier stated there are better prospects than him for a OLB, fact.  I asked to have someone name a guy who would be a better prospect, fact.  you respond with Sonny Bill Williams is a better prospect for WR than a  guy we signed to be OLB, fact.  

no assuming here, just you telling me useless crap information.  i get it, there are other big fast guys that play rugby BUT Grigson picked Adongo.  There must be something he saw in him that YOU (and Gavin) DON'T!!  just be excited we got a new athletic freak prospect on the team.   

:rantoff:

I heard Che Boyardee was strong in rugby!!!

P-Boiardi-Hector-2.jpg

I heard Che Boyardee was strong in rugby!!!

P-Boiardi-Hector-2.jpg

lol

i find it annoying when we Grigs goes out and finds a guy like this and people respond with "he could have got someone better"...  REALLY!?!?!   :facepalm:

lol

i find it annoying when we Grigs goes out and finds a guy like this and people respond with "he could have got someone better"...  REALLY!?!?!   :facepalm:

Grigs has a unique skill that I simply have not seen at the NFL level......finding diamonds in a pile of sand.  I know Freeman played well in the CFL, but who thought he would excel at this high level?

Grigson is leaving no stone unturned to try and made this one heck of a football team.  No matter what we say...or do...or argue....there will only be 53 in the end...and a Practice Squad...IR....PUP etc.  

I would love to coach all of this great competition....and I would hate the cuts Kyle.....some good football players will be sent packing....:(

Grigs has a unique skill that I simply have not seen at the NFL level......finding diamonds in a pile of sand.  I know Freeman played well in the CFL, but who thought he would excel at this high level?

Grigson is leaving no stone unturned to try and made this one heck of a football team.  No matter what we say...or do...or argue....there will only be 53 in the end...and a Practice Squad...IR....PUP etc.  

I would love to coach all of this great competition....and I would hate the cuts Kyle.....some good football players will be sent packing.... :(

Grigs certainly thinks outside the box. How does it all turn out?  Stay tuned, news at 11:00 ... or somewhere toward the end of the season.

Never played a day of football in his life??  I'd say he's a long shot to make the roster.  Especially at LB.  

Maybe rugby can lend itself just enough to special teams play that he can make it though.  

I am definitely not saying he is as good or his skills are the same as Ansah's; most likely they are not, but we are giving up almost nothing to find out.  I don't see Ansah as having that much more experience than Adongo ... 2 years of college football, one of which according to NFL.com sounds to me like it was mainly spent getting in shape to be able to play football .....

"After switching sports, Ansah worked through winter training, where he gassed out after nearly every drill. However, with a strong work ethic and added bulk to his thin frame, Ansah earned the trust of coaches and continued to practice with the special teams units through the 2011 season."  - http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ezekiel-ansah?id=2539931

I would think that Adongo is already in "football shape", and probably a better base to build football knowledge on from playing rugby.  So the main difference is that Ansah has ONE great season of college football on his resume.

I agree Adongo is a long shot, but the Lions spent the #5 overall pick on Ansah who is considered a project/"boom or bust" prospect by many, and we are taking a shot on a player that may or may not have a similar skill set, and are out almost nothing if he is a bust.  I am all for Grigson's rugby, CFL, Arena, etc ... lottery ticket players.

I am definitely not saying he is as good or his skills are the same as Ansah's; most likely they are not, but we are giving up almost nothing to find out.  I don't see Ansah as having that much more experience than Adongo ... 2 years of college football, one of which according to NFL.com sounds to me like it was mainly spent getting in shape to be able to play football .....

"After switching sports, Ansah worked through winter training, where he gassed out after nearly every drill. However, with a strong work ethic and added bulk to his thin frame, Ansah earned the trust of coaches and continued to practice with the special teams units through the 2011 season."  - http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ezekiel-ansah?id=2539931

I would think that Adongo is already in "football shape", and probably a better base to build football knowledge on from playing rugby.  So the main difference is that Ansah has ONE great season of college football on his resume.

I agree Adongo is a long shot, but the Lions spent the #5 overall pick on Ansah who is considered a project/"boom or bust" prospect by many, and we are taking a shot on a player that may or may not have a similar skill set, and are out almost nothing if he is a bust.  I am all for Grigson's rugby, CFL, Arena, etc ... lottery ticket players.

Could be the 'outline' for Adongo's regiment....get in football shape and learn.  WOW!!  Can I play :)