Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Release Saunders, Sign Adongo [Merge]

BrentMc11

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Indianapolis Colts today signed outside linebacker Daniel Adongo and waived tight end Weslye Saunders

@KBowenColts: The Colts have signed OLB Daniel Adongo, 23, a former rugby player from Kenya. He's 6'5" and 257 pounds. TE-Weslye Saunders has been waived

Go to YouTube...just watched his Highlight Tape....He's huge....and violent...Imma fan already.....I hope he isn't just a camp body..>I have a lot of respect for rugby because they still hit hard without equipment  and they're running the whole time....Ngata was a great rugby player in high school one of the best so this can be a nice fit.

Go to YouTube...just watched his Highlight Tape....He's huge....and violent...Imma fan already.....I hope he isn't just a camp body..>I have a lot of respect for rugby because they still hit hard without equipment and they're running the whole time....Ngata was a great rugby player in high school one of the best so this can be a nice fit.

He is too far behind the 8 ball in terms of learning the play book so he has practice squad at best for him

I dont think football is as complicated....he's a star in rugby, there's no value in just being on the PS

You must haven't seen an NFL play book, plus everybody else on the team was a star on their team at some point whether it was college or NFL, arena league, Canadian football etc

Go to YouTube...just watched his Highlight Tape....He's huge....and violent...Imma fan already.....I hope he isn't just a camp body..>I have a lot of respect for rugby because they still hit hard without equipment  and they're running the whole time....Ngata was a great rugby player in high school one of the best so this can be a nice fit.

You need to be bad to the bone to play International Rugby.  Being from Kenya, this guy must have incredible speed, stamina and a ferocious love to hit....

As we know the NFL is the NFL...not rugby.  Grigson's words were plain and simple about the athleticism!!  (Video proves that)

Just shows again that Grigson will do anything on the face of the earth to find talent....Do you love it or not?  I do! :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet: !!

A guy who has never played American football signing just a few days before camp starts? This would qualify as a long shot.

Not really, throw him on special teams then work him into the defense. Shouldn't be hard to tell someone run after the ball has been kicked and go knock a head off.

There's alot of ex rugby players in the NFL

You must haven't seen an NFL play book, plus everybody else on the team was a star on their team at some point whether it was college or NFL, arena league, Canadian football etc

Don't look at Chris Cooley's! :Heh:

:lol: Dag; Saunders didn't even make it to camp

Grigson plays no games

8 games...why would we?  I was amazed when I read the thread on Pags saying we were not releasing him.....that one to me was a no brainer.  Cunningham makes the roster and Jones the PS again...just my opinion.

nope, not me. but a big fast guy that likes to hit seems like a perfect special teams player to me..

Sorry buddy...my bad.  I love the violence.....the kid simply goes on the offensive when he hits...

I know it is hard to get excited about someone whom has never played a down of American Football.  You simply cannot teach someone to want to lay a lick like he does....I love it :)

He's not a rugby "star", he signed to play for Counties Manukau in the ITM Cup before joining the Colts which is sorta the equivalent of playing Arena League football.  The ITM Cup is generally made up of part time professionals (ie. they have day jobs).

To be honest his rugby pedigree is below average but he may have the physical attributes to excel in American Football? Has he ever played American Football before?

I can't understand how the Colts found him, there are so many other rugby/league players to choose from but I hope he does well.

If they wanted a linebacker/special teams player to kill people they shoulda gone for Sonny Bill Williams.

right first off Super 15 while a high level isn't the highest well at club level anyway that belongs to the Heineken Cup two southern Kings not the biggest club in the 15 's. Now International is obviously the highest level and Kenya ain't great at that either. What worries me s that the Bulls didn't renew his contract and that he moved to the kings. he prob can hit as he'll more protection with the pads so will likely throw himself around more. also does it say were he played in rugby if he played center he should be well able to tackle as well as if he played full back if he played wing however i'd be a bit worried.  

hopefully one of these diamond in the rough OLB's can wind up being a decent pass rusher.  Speaking of, anyone know what happened to Jake Killeen?  I know he was a long shot to make the roster but was hoping he'd make it to preseason so we could get a look at him.  Just curious because I don't see him on the colts roster anymore.

He's not a rugby "star", he signed to play for Counties Manukau in the ITM Cup before joining the Colts which is sorta the equivalent of playing Arena League football.  The ITM Cup is generally made up of part time professionals (ie. they have day jobs).

To be honest his rugby pedigree is below average but he may have the physical attributes to excel in American Football? Has he ever played American Football before?

I can't understand how the Colts found him, there are so many other rugby/league players to choose from but I hope he does well.

Thanks for the insight.....that is a 'need' and a 'nice' to know.   :thmup: