Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who will be the two starting inside linebackers?

ColtsBTM12

I think Jerrell Freeman and Pat Angerer. Make or break year for Patrick, free agent next year. He will get some push from Kavell Connor as I am sure the competition will be interesting. This is definitely the position battle to watch as soon as training camp heats up. Its exciting I CANT WAIT.

It is one of the positions that I think little merit is put in who starts, as this systems demands it to be such a situational position.

Freeman will presumably see the majority of snaps, Conner likely will be in when offense in run-heavy formation, whilst Angerer could see plenty of time in pass plays etc. etc.

Who would be viewed as the best blitzer? That could play a part in the number of snaps as well.

It is one of the positions that I think little merit is put in who starts, as this systems demands it to be such a situational position.

Freeman will presumably see the majority of snaps, Conner likely will be in when offense in run-heavy formation, whilst Angerer could see plenty of time in pass plays etc. etc.

Who would be viewed as the best blitzer? That could play a part in the number of snaps as well.

I must ask you.Are you a patriot's fan?I see that you're wearing a patriot shirt,and i noticed the jersey beside you.But i never got the impression from your posting style that you were.

P.S.You look like george clooney.

I must ask you.Are you a patriot's fan?I see that you're wearing a patriot shirt,and i noticed the jersey beside you.But i never got the impression from your posting style that you were.

P.S.You look like george clooney.

lol, I am not wearing a Pats Jersey, I am wearing a shirt from the night before as I hadn't been home and did not have time to change before the game.

I live in NYC so unfortunately I have the displeasure of being surrounded by fans of other teams... most prominently the Patriots.

lol, I am not wearing a Pats Jersey, I am wearing a shirt from the night before as I hadn't been home and did not have time to change before the game.

I live in NYC so unfortunately I have the displeasure of being surrounded by fans of other teams... most prominently the Patriots.

Then why is your IP address coming from an Italian villa ......George?

I understand now,so thank you for replying.I've never been surrounded by pat fans before.What's it like?I've been around titan fans many times,and they were always hospitable,even giving me free BBQ.I have nothing negative to say about them.

I understand now,so thank you for replying.I've never been surrounded by pat fans before.What's it like?I've been around titan fans many times,and they were always hospitable,even giving me free BBQ.I have nothing negative to say about them.

It's pretty much like this... every drunken Sunday night after football, despite how played out and infantile it may seem, and despite the same things being said time and time again... it always ends up with a Manning vs. Brady debate.

It's pretty much like this... every drunken Sunday night after football, despite how played out and infantile it may seem, and despite the same things being said time and time again... it always ends up with a Manning vs. Brady debate.

Wow,manning isn't even a colt anymore and they still cling to the past?I think they know their day's are numbered being elite(brady's age),so they're clinging to glory days.I don't think mallet can get the job done.

Wow,manning isn't even a colt anymore and they still cling to the past?I think they know their day's are numbered being elite(brady's age),so they're clinging to glory days.I don't think mallet can get the job done.

To be fair, it is often me who initiates it. :)

Angerer is decent at blitzing a gap, I wouldn't be surprised if all our ILBers can .

This is a good problem to have; having 4 capable inside linebackers going at it for the 2 spots. It's good to know that they'll be getting good play from it this year. I would have to think that the starters will be on a short leash, because there are 2 hungry backups fighting for that spot.

My guess for the starting jobs is Jerrell Freeman and Kelvin Sheppard. Freeman because he was good last year and Sheppard because he's done well in this system before. Conner and Angerer should get their share of snaps. My guess is they'll only have 3 inside linebackers on the roster by the end of the year, meaning they'll trade or release one of these guys. 

This is a good problem to have; having 4 capable inside linebackers going at it for the 2 spots. It's good to know that they'll be getting good play from it this year. I would have to think that the starters will be on a short leash, because there are 2 hungry backups fighting for that spot.

My guess for the starting jobs is Jerrell Freeman and Kelvin Sheppard. Freeman because he was good last year and Sheppard because he's done well in this system before. Conner and Angerer should get their share of snaps. My guess is they'll only have 3 inside linebackers on the roster by the end of the year, meaning they'll trade or release one of these guys.

highly Doubt that we only have 3ILB on the roster, we kept 5 ILB last year all season: Freeman, Angerer, Conner, Fokou, and Harvey. Special teams keeps 4-5 ILB on rosters because Fokou and Harvey made a living on special teams. Conner is going to have to take Fokou's role on special teams.

Most likely keep 4 ILB this year(Freeman, Sheppard, Angerer, Conner) and cut Harvey and have 5 OLBs in Mathis, Walden, Werner, Sidbury, and Hickman to equal 9 total LBs

highly Doubt that we only have 3ILB on the roster, we kept 5 ILB last year all season: Freeman, Angerer, Conner, Fokou, and Harvey. Special teams keeps 4-5 ILB on rosters because Fokou and Harvey made a living on special teams. Conner is going to have to take Fokou's role on special teams.

Most likely keep 4 ILB this year(Freeman, Sheppard, Angerer, Conner) and cut Harvey and have 5 OLBs in Mathis, Walden, Werner, Sidbury, and Hickman to equal 9 total LBs

Woops, meant to say we only have 3 of those 4 at the end of the year. You're right, the Colts will most likely have at least another guy, a guy who probably does well on ST. 

Freeman and situation. Angerer on run downs. I hope someone who's better than Angerer on pass downs. Not sure if that's Sheppard yet.

If we're going by situation it would be Freeman and Conner on Run downs and Freeman and Sheppard on passing downs.  Angerer is average to above average at both but I wouldn't say he's great at either.  I would be surprised if he's still with the team after his rookie contract is up.

If we're going by situation it would be Freeman and Conner on Run downs and Freeman and Sheppard on passing downs.  Angerer is average to above average at both but I wouldn't say he's great at either.  I would be surprised if he's still with the team after his rookie contract is up.

If he gets hurt again, they should let him go. He's a good tackler but a detriment in pass coverage.

Conner is our best run stopping ILB he should start alongside Freeman. Angerer is a great tackler but he can't shed blocks and doesn't have the speed or athleticism to cover TE's like Conner can. Angerer is your prototypical 4-3 MLB doesn't fit well in 3-4 scheme. Sheppard is more of a coverage guy that can come in on 3rd downs.

I'd like to see Freeman and a healthy Angerer.

Yeah me too I've been rooting for Angerer ever since he had that monster year in 2011. He was the heart and soul of a terrible team that season. Probably the MVP of the team. (That year of course)

Freeman and situation. Angerer on run downs. I hope someone who's better than Angerer on pass downs. Not sure if that's Sheppard yet.

I actually prefer Conner over Angerer on run downs. Conner can lay some wood.

Freeman (roaming ILB that in my opinion is our best coverage ILB)

Vacant-Whoever the coaches feel is our best ILB that can take on and occupy blockers, I think Conner but I would like to see more of Harvey in the rotation...Although I dont think he will make it out of preseason on the roster, Angerer fits the Freeman mold of Linebackers