Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

would you support a trade, fleener to new England

Coltivated

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the Steve Carrell "NO" gif when you need it?

In my own mind i imagine the Colts front office having 32 telephones, one from each team in the league that ring when trade requests come in. I would like to think that the New England phone has been left off the hook since 2003.

I doubt anyone would trade a first rounder for Fleener.  

I think I would though at this point.  If somehow a high 2nd round pick who hasn't done much is worth a first rounder to someone then I think I'd bite.  

But no they wouldn't trade a first rounder for Fleener.  

Nope. Sorry... he has one year under his belt and he didn't do much with it when many thought he would. Just because NE is having TE woes does not mean they are dangling a first round pick in front of other teams to remedy the situation. 

I get that this is a hypothetical question but, even then most will try to find its origins in a realistic scenario. There is no realistic scenario here. 

I do love talking about stuff like this just to pass the time though.

Would I consider it if I were GM? Yes.

Would I pull the trigger? Not sure, but prolly.

Am I looking to oust Fleener? No.

Do I think this trade will happen? No, but it's a remote possibility.

So you're saying there's a chance...

I don't get why people are so eager to get Fleener out of here. We just hired the guy's college OC. We just started playing the system and calling the plays that made him a 1st/2nd round pick last year.

He wasn't healthy last year, but why give him away when his outlook for this season looks so interesting.

If he flops this year, then I might consider it. But now? Not in a month of Sundays.

I don't get why people are so eager to get Fleener out of here. We just hired the guy's college OC. We just started playing the system and calling the plays that made him a 1st/2nd round pick last year.

He wasn't healthy last year, but why give him away when his outlook for this season looks so interesting.

If he flops this year, then I might consider it. But now? Not in a month of Sundays.

For the record, I am not eager to get rid of Fleener, and am interested to see what 2013 bring for him as a Colt... BUT

If you consider trading ANYBODY, you need to do so while they have perceived value to another team. Waiting until they've proven to be a flop eliminates any leverage.

I hope he does better this year. I took Fleener with one of my last picks in FF last year out of sheer excitement and we all know how that went. This year, I am gonna try and do it again because he is flying under almost every radar known to man.

For the record, I am not eager to get rid of Fleener, and am interested to see what 2013 bring for him as a Colt... BUT

If you consider trading ANYBODY, you need to do so while they have perceived value to another team. Waiting until they've proven to be a flop eliminates any leverage.

I'd say with an underwhelming rookie season... he already is in the "flop" category. Every rookie gets a chance to shine before they are sent on their way. Fleener will do just fine this year. Allen will too!

I envision Allen getting the all important scrappy short yard looks while Fleener will get the chance to roam in the void left by the defense.

If someone wants to overpay for a player, I have no problem trading a player to a rival.

That said,  as many in this thread have noted, Fleener is just not going to command a 1st round draft pick from anyone.  Teams aren't that desperate for a tight end.  Not even the Patriots.   Especially a tight end whose strength is playing off the line,  and not next to the tackle.

Not happening.

If someone wants to overpay for a player, I have no problem trading a player to a rival.

That said,  as many in this thread have noted, Fleener is just not going to command a 1st round draft pick from anyone.  Teams aren't that desperate for a tight end.  Not even the Patriots.   Especially a tight end whose strength is playing off the line,  and not next to the tackle.

Not happening.

Yeah, true enough...he is not going to fetch a 1st rounder...he is just not a complete TE or a 1st round talent.

It's just amazing to me that out of all the Rookies, Fleener takes the most hate from this board.

It's just a sad shame honestly. People like RG3, Cam Newton, & others have some of you expecting KNOCK ME OFF MY FEET stats from every rookie taken in the 1st two rounds and if they don't explode then they're automatically a flop or bust in your eyes

Failing to realize that some of the TOP TE's in the NFL today had a similar or even slightly less season than Fleener had but they still managed to dominate and become top in their positions as time went on

I just don't understand anymore :facepalm:

I am a fleener fan, many thought he would go in the first anyhow. I'm excited about him but new England is in a bad spot witch we could capitalize. new England might not make the post season with or without him. I'm just saying the pick could be worth a top fifteen if that were true. Like the scenario where we scoop up a great player.

Would colts consider trading fleener for new Englands first round next year. Just food for thought. May be a good replacement for Hernandez. I am a believer in fleeners potential.

why would you trade him, to New England none the less... If you believe in his potential.. I am against any trade with Beledick

I'm in this boat.  Fleener's chances have been limited but as of right now he hasn't done anything and we drafted him at the top of the 2nd round.  

AT THIS POINT I see no reason to indicate that Fleener is worth more then a first rounder with some indication that he may be worth less.

Not trying to get rid of him, and no one is going to be willing to trade a first rounder for him.  But if they did I'd say we should take that trade.  I wouldn't take anything less then a first though.

Would colts consider trading fleener for new Englands first round next year. Just food for thought. May be a good replacement for Hernandez. I am a believer in fleeners potential.

why would you trade him, to New England none the less... If you believe in his potential.. I am against any trade with Beledick

I don't understand how you can start a thread about trading Fleener, then conclude ur thread saying u are a believer in Fleener's potential.

If we didnt have a second te that was talented and had star potential I wouldn't even consider it. The reason I would trade is we could get someone else Were we have less positional talent depth maybe offensive tackle or cb. Grigson drafted fleener so it won't happen. I'm just saying Due diligence would suggest considering all avenues of advancement.

It's just amazing to me that out of all the Rookies, Fleener takes the most hate from this board.

It's just a sad shame honestly. People like RG3, Cam Newton, & others have some of you expecting KNOCK ME OFF MY FEET stats from every rookie taken in the 1st two rounds and if they don't explode then they're automatically a flop or bust in your eyes

Failing to realize that some of the TOP TE's in the NFL today had a similar or even slightly less season than Fleener had but they still managed to dominate and become top in their positions as time went on

I just don't understand anymore :facepalm:

He is the new Donald Brown or atleast is what it seems like.

Yeah, true enough...he is not going to fetch a 1st rounder...he is just not a complete TE or a 1st round talent.

Yet the Bengals selected a very similar player with the 21st pick in this years draft.....and they were applauded for it.

He is the new Donald Brown or atleast is what it seems like.

That's exactly what it seems like. This forum is something else. Yet we have Cassius Vaughn, Likenbach, Delone Carter, & McGlynn who've done nothing good for this team yet no one makes a thread about cutting or trading them

But all the player's who've contributed to this team seem to get the most hate thrown towards them smh

Eifert played at ND. You're thinking of Zack Ertz.

Ahh Eifert. I was thinking of Ertz. But still the team that drafted Ertz (can't remember who did it) got a congrats about it. Fleener is better than Ertz and will probably be better than Eifert when it's all said and done especially with Pep in town now

I like Fleener I like Allen more and think he is better but I want them both so no plus I don't wanna trade ANYONE to NE they don't need anything from us I never want anyone from my team there

Not so fast Colts Fan 12, if they offered us Dontae Hightower for Pat Angerer or Vince Wilfork for Big Mckinney I'd take those trades haha

Wilfork has about another 2-3 years left in the big tank of his haha

Not so fast Colts Fan 12, if they offered us Dontae Hightower for Pat Angerer or Vince Wilfork for Big Mckinney I'd take those trades haha

Wilfork has about another 2-3 years left in the big tank of his haha

You know wat I mean lol ill do the trade if it was to shaft NE haha of course