Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

would you support a trade, fleener to new England

Coltivated

they wouldn't in reality.  but if they lost their minds and offered we would have to take it in a heartbeat.

Then this thread is equal of someone saying "Would you have entertained a team trading you a first round pick for Curtis Painter?"  Well heck yeah I would knowing full well even my Madden game isn't that dumb let a lone a real NFL team.

If the Colts got anything for Fleener it would be a mid to late round draft pick and frankly I think he has more value being on the Colts roster at that point than he does in any kind of realistic trade value. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would colts consider trading fleener for new Englands first round next year. Just food for thought. May be a good replacement for Hernandez. I am a believer in fleeners potential.

I would make any trade that would improve the Colts for the long run. That includes every player on the roster. Every player!!!!

I would make any trade that would improve the Colts for the long run. That includes every player on the roster. Every player!!!!

Including Andrew Luck, Vick Ballard, Robert Mathis, Vontae Davis, & Reggie Wayne?

Yeah...... glad you're not the GM. We'd be up the creek then

Andrew Luck is not available, he will be the determining factor for future success. If he is a franchise QB, which at this point I believe he is, there is no way in the world that trading him would make us better.

Including Andrew Luck, Vick Ballard, Robert Mathis, Vontae Davis, & Reggie Wayne?

Yeah...... glad you're not the GM. We'd be up the creek then

Mathis and Wayne are getting old. Note that I said something that would improve the team. That doesn't mean giving anyone away. You have to trade something to get something. I wouldn't trade Ballard or Davis unless it was a great package and the Colts really fleeced someone.

Mathis and Wayne are getting old. Note that I said something that would improve the team. That doesn't mean giving anyone away. You have to trade something to get something. I wouldn't trade Ballard or Davis unless it was a great package and the Colts really fleeced someone.

That's a contradiction to yourself. You said "any player". Trading your Franchise QB period will NOT improve your team. There's certain players like Andrew who're "off limits" to other teams. I'm sure no matter how big the offer, Grigson wouldn't trade Andrew. If he did, I'm certain Irsay would fire him thr next 5mins. Trade wouldn't go through anyway since I believe the owner has to agree as well but just saying hypothetically if that trade ever happened

Oh yeah, we should definitely trade him. Especially to the Patriots!*

* because I'm a big fan of selling when assets are at their lowest value, creating a need that I just invested in fixing last year, taking the time and effort to develop a rookie so someone else can reap the benefits of the player he'll become, assuming a rookie TE has already peaked, and helping the Patriots by any means possible. 

I'm all for those things. Pack your bags, Fleener! Everyone knows there's only room for one TE in Pep's offense!

I'm all for those things. Pack your bags, Fleener! Everyone knows there's only room for one TE in Pep's offense!

Exactly. Who's gonna be the other TE's for the offense? We're gonna run 2 TE sets alot. But people don't think of the repercussions.

All it is, if you don't knock the NFL socks off your first year...... you're a terrible player

Smh, society and what it's become :facepalm:

This thread should have died after every posted NO, it was ridiculous to even mention or thought of. If the question was instead to trade anybody from the Colts it would be to a team the Colts wouldn't face for a long time due to the rotation of the teams the Colts will play year in year out and a team in the NFC with no chance to be in the playoffs, Colts don't need to trade a player of his potential to ANY AFC teams who the Colts could play in the playoffs.

Go Colts!!!!!

That's a contradiction to yourself. You said "any player". Trading your Franchise QB period will NOT improve your team. There's certain players like Andrew who're "off limits" to other teams. I'm sure no matter how big the offer, Grigson wouldn't trade Andrew. If he did, I'm certain Irsay would fire him thr next 5mins. Trade wouldn't go through anyway since I believe the owner has to agree as well but just saying hypothetically if that trade ever happened

It's not a contradiction...he said any trade that would "improve the team".  I think you're being a bit overly sensitive.  Did somebody accidentally pick up "apple-flavored drink" instead of apple juice at the store? :P

If another team offered a trade for Luck, and the results of the trade would improve the Colts as a team then sure, at least consider it.  However, the odds of another team making an offer for Luck that would improve the Colts in the grand scheme of things is highly, highly unlikely.  I don't think anyone is disputing that.

It's not a contradiction...he said any trade that would "improve the team". I think you're being a bit overly sensitive. Did somebody accidentally pick up "apple-flavored drink" instead of apple juice at the store? :P

If another team offered a trade for Luck, and the results of the trade would improve the Colts as a team then sure, at least consider it. However, the odds of another team making an offer for Luck that would improve the Colts in the grand scheme of things is highly, highly unlikely. I don't think anyone is disputing that.

Well, he also said "any player". Should be more specific. Should've said "excluding....." cause it's player's here who if we ever traded, we'd step back instead of improving. Not many players, but it's a few

Andrew Luck is not available, he will be the determining factor for future success. If he is a franchise QB, which at this point I believe he is, there is no way in the world that trading him would make us better.

I know he is not available and none of the players I would trade him for are available either. Here is a list of players I would trade for Luck. Aaron Rogers, Cam Newton, RGIII, Wilson and Matt Ryan. I left off the old guys who are a lot better but only have a short time left. I would be tempted by Stafford too but I wouldn't do it.

Well, he also said "any player". Should be more specific. Should've said "excluding....." cause it's player's here who if we ever traded, we'd step back instead of improving. Not many players, but it's a few

that's his point, there really is no one that is completely excluded.  Luck is not untouchable....he's just very very close to it. But obviously, certain players are going to have a very high price tag because it would take a lot to make a trade for them worth it.  And again just to point out, he did specify that the deal would have to improve the team.  You can't possibly tell me that there's no way there could ever be any kind of deal at all that could possibly be offered for Luck that would improve the team.   If the Packers offered up Aaron Rodgers and a couple of first round picks then yes, it should at least be considered.  So again, I think you're being overly sensitive. ;)

I know he is not available and none of the players I would trade him for are available either. Here is a list of players I would trade for Luck. Aaron Rogers, Cam Newton, RGIII, Wilson and Matt Ryan. I left off the old guys who are a lot better but only have a short time left. I would be tempted by Stafford too but I wouldn't do it.

I wouldn't trade for none of those guys. Luck has the potential to be as good a probably better then all of them in the coming years. I know its not been proven yet but we kinda already got an inkling after what he was able to manage last year with a below avg team that very banged up. Lucks potential is off the charts. Newton is Athletic and strong but I don't see him being the caliber of QB Luck will most likely develop into. Rodgers is great but Luck in 2-3 will probably be right there with him maybe even better. I'm not trading the potential we have with Luck. This kid has some very special abilities and a very very high ceiling.

I wouldn't trade for none of those guys. Luck has the potential to be as good a probably better then all of them in the coming years. I know its not been proven yet but we kinda already got an inkling after what he was able to manage last year with a below avg team that very banged up. Lucks potential is off the charts. Newton is Athletic and strong but I don't see him being the caliber of QB Luck will most likely develop into. Rodgers is great but Luck in 2-3 will probably be right there with him maybe even better. I'm not trading the potential we have with Luck. This kid has some very special abilities and a very very high ceiling.

Well, you don't have to worry. Not one of those teams would trade their QB for Andrew Luck..... Now if you threw in a number one draft pick..... nah, they wouldn't do that either.

Fleener to NE for 2014 1st RD... I would make that trade.

1. Watkins, Van Noy, Kouandijo...

1. Mosley, Barr, Hubbard, Reynolds...

TE #1 Allen

TE #2 Cunningham

So then who's TE #3? We're carrying more than 2 TE's on the final 53 you can assure that. And Fleener is better than Cunningham so why would we have the lineup as....

#1 Allen

#2 Cunningham

#3 Saunders/D. Jones

Well, you don't have to worry. Not one of those teams would trade their QB for Andrew Luck..... Now if you threw in a number one draft pick..... nah, they wouldn't do that either.

Your probably saying that because Lucks TD, Int and Comp% numbers weren't great last year. But he still led his team to the playoffs. He did more with less. The numbers should improve with a better O line and a decent run. And maybe even a decent Defense. Give it two or three years max and I'm willing to bet Luck will be a constant top 5 quite possibly top 3 QB. Manning and Brady are both gonna be on their way out sooner rather than later. Everyone loves RG3 and Wilson this last year because their numbers were better. Look at the situations they were in compared to Luck. Which guy out of the three actually had to carry his team a will them to victory about 70% of the time and still managed to win enough games to get into the playoffs. It says more to me that a rookie QB can lead a very below avg team that was bottom 10 in about every catagory into the playoffs and lead 7 comeback wins. Now give Luck a top 5 defense, a legit run game and an O line that can block for more than 2 seconds and see how far he can take a team with that. Just talking rookies last year. What did the successful rookies like RG3 and Wilson have to do without? Compare it to what Luck did without and it shows you Lucks season was really more impressive.

Then this thread is equal of someone saying "Would you have entertained a team trading you a first round pick for Curtis Painter?"  Well heck yeah I would knowing full well even my Madden game isn't that dumb let a lone a real NFL team.

If the Colts got anything for Fleener it would be a mid to late round draft pick and frankly I think he has more value being on the Colts roster at that point than he does in any kind of realistic trade value.

This thread is ridiculous, but you just upped the ante on ridiculousness

I wouldn't bet a dollar that you're right.

I think Washington, Seattle and Atlanta would do it and do it quickly before we'd reconsider.....   I think only Green Bay and maybe Carolina would not be interested in Luck....   and I'm 50/50 on Carolina...

But,  your mileage will no doubt vary.....

I wouldn't bet a dollar that you're right.

I think Washington, Seattle and Atlanta would do it and do it quickly before we'd reconsider.....   I think only Green Bay and maybe Carolina would not be interested in Luck....   and I'm 50/50 on Carolina...

But,  your mileage will no doubt vary.....

I really don't think it would be that easy of a decision for Washington or Atlanta....heck I think even Seattle would have to think about it because they'd have to pay the highest price in regards to draft picks to go along with Russell for Luck.  In fact I'd even say I think Carolina would pull that trigger faster than either Wash or Atl would.

I really don't think it would be that easy of a decision for Washington or Atlanta....heck I think even Seattle would have to think about it because they'd have to pay the highest price in regards to draft picks to go along with Russell for Luck.  In fact I'd even say I think Carolina would pull that trigger faster than either Wash or Atl would.

Jason.....

You may be right....

I was only approaching from the standpoint of which QB would those clubs rather have?   I wasn't thinking in terms of trade details and such....

I think most of the teams -- despite the fact they LOVE the QB's they have right now -- would probably rather have Luck.

No way to prove it either way.   Strictly an opinion.   But that's my opinion with the names that were tossed about here....

We see the obvious.. 

Luck is special is SO many ways...      .... ;) :td:

National media has JUST NOW caught up to the "how" and the "why" of last season....

Sad really... 

Jason.....

You may be right....

I was only approaching from the standpoint of which QB would those clubs rather have?   I wasn't thinking in terms of trade details and such....

I think most of the teams -- despite the fact they LOVE the QB's they have right now -- would probably rather have Luck.

No way to prove it either way.   Strictly an opinion.   But that's my opinion with the names that were tossed about here....

Yep, and I still don't think the Panthers would. If Cam can display leadership and screw his head on tight the sky is the limit for him. Guy is a great talent and a lot of people with the exception of Panthers fans forget his stupendous first 2 years in the league because of the success of the rookies last year.

Yep, and I still don't think the Panthers would. If Cam can display leadership and screw his head on tight the sky is the limit for him. Guy is a great talent and a lot of people with the exception of Panthers fans forget his stupendous first 2 years in the league because of the success of the rookies last year.

I think it is Cam that will set most of the records for QBs in the NFL. He is bigger and stronger that the other QBs and almost as fast as RGIII. If I had the choice between Luck and all of the others, I would take Cam Newton and that isn't meant as a putdown to any of the others.

I think it is Cam that will set most of the records for QBs in the NFL. He is bigger and stronger that the other QBs and almost as fast as RGIII. If I had the choice between Luck and all of the others, I would take Cam Newton and that isn't meant as a putdown to any of the others.

The difference with Newton is his attitude sucks, making any physical advantages moot. Andrew is a good team mate and a leader, not to mention almost as physically gifted. The only hypothetical QB trade that I would consider would have to include Rogers and the Packers would have to take Mr. Robert Mathis and his contract in the deal and I would still be hesitant to say the least.

The difference with Newton is his attitude sucks, making any physical advantages moot. Andrew is a good team mate and a leader, not to mention almost as physically gifted. The only hypothetical QB trade that I would consider would have to include Rogers and the Packers would have to take Mr. Robert Mathis and his contract in the deal and I would still be hesitant to say the least.

Plus, Newton is dumb. Among the young quarterbacks he is by far the last one I would want.

Plus, Newton is dumb. Among the young quarterbacks he is by far the last one I would want.

Well, he is dumb enough to be a multi-millionaire. I see nothing dumb about him but since you bring it up, I never thought Farve was a mental giant either. You are spoiled by having two of the smartest QBs ever in the league taking up residence in Indy....

Well, he is dumb enough to be a multi-millionaire. I see nothing dumb about him but since you bring it up, I never thought Farve was a mental giant either. You are spoiled by having two of the smartest QBs ever in the league taking up residence in Indy....

The fact that he has money doesn't change anything. The list of dumb millionaire athletes is fairly long.

The fact that he has money doesn't change anything. The list of dumb millionaire athletes is fairly long.

I won't say anymore. I have a problem when people are called dumb. I think it point to another problem that has nothing to do with Cam Newton.