Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2014 Free Agents

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arthur Jones

Ryan Clady depending on how Castonzo improves. If he allows 11 sacks again then we are seriously going to have to think about another LT....and many of those were NOT to the inside  with no Guard help, the majority were outside, He had an awful game vs the Packers pass blocking wise giving up 3 sacks

Victor Cruz

Sam Shields

If we have the money  but we will also have to resign Vontae Davis along with a few others so I dont know if we will have the money

Right now I'm not concerned about Castonzo, he had one majorly bad game against GB when he was up against Clay Matthews. And personally I don't see Clady going anywhere but back to mile high.

I'm pretty sure that DHB is going to produce for is this year (Knock on wood). I predict we'll re-sign him for maybe a 3 year deal.

We'll re-sign Vontae, he'll have a breakout year this year. 4 year deal, maybe even 5.

As far as FA go, Arthur Jones would be another solid pickup, as a possible Redding replacement. He knows the scheme and has the Baltimore connection.

I doubt Cushing leaves Houston, but if he does then I would be all over him, and tie him down.

I don't see us picking up another receiver in FA, possibly the draft. I'm looking at Sammy Watkins from Clemson.

Right now I'm not concerned about Castonzo, he had one majorly bad game against GB when he was up against Clay Matthews. And personally I don't see Clady going anywhere but back to mile high.

I'm pretty sure that DHB is going to produce for is this year (Knock on wood). I predict we'll re-sign him for maybe a 3 year deal.

We'll re-sign Vontae, he'll have a breakout year this year. 4 year deal, maybe even 5.

As far as FA go, Arthur Jones would be another solid pickup, as a possible Redding replacement. He knows the scheme and has the Baltimore connection.

I doubt Cushing leaves Houston, but if he does then I would be all over him, and tie him down.

I don't see us picking up another receiver in FA, possibly the draft. I'm looking at Sammy Watkins from Clemson.

If all goes as I think it will then we likely wont be anywhere near in a position to draft Watkins once the Combine is over and Pro Days assuming he stays healthy. I expect us to be picking in the 20's again , If we want a WR in the 1st I think Jordan Mattews is very much a possibility I think. Hes got good acceleration out of his break, can catch the ball consistently in traffic, good but not great route runner, Great speed

I can't say who I might want to pick up until I see this team on the field and see where the holes are and the needs for improvement are.  

Because right now the biggest hole I see is pass rush and maybe a offensive lineman or 2.  But I'm guessing I'll see some more areas for improvement after we've played several games.

I know we need to get a WR1 unless DHB becomes one.  But I would rather draft one if we can.    

C - Alex Mack, Ryan Wendell, Brian De La Puente, Fernando Velasco

WR - Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Eric Decker

FB - Marcel Reese

DL - Geno Atkins, Henry Melton, Jason Hatcher, Greg Hardy, Lamarr Houston

LB - Brian Cushing, Sean Lee, Donald Butler

CB - Sam Shields

S - Jairus Byrd

Resign Davis and Patty Mac and beef up through the draft. 

The Colts will not need to find starters through FA next season..     this one they did.

Im not so sure when it comes to Toler, he flashes skill at times but is inconsistent, Only 5 Ints for his career and 19 passes batted down in 38 career games (15 starts). He hopefully just needs more time to startto really pick things up. Donald Thomas stops moving his feet sometimes which leads him into trouble . Landry I think will make the biggest impact by far out of our FA pick ups this year

If all goes as I think it will then we likely wont be anywhere near in a position to draft Watkins once the Combine is over and Pro Days assuming he stays healthy. I expect us to be picking in the 20's again , If we want a WR in the 1st I think Jordan Mattews is very much a possibility I think. Hes got good acceleration out of his break, can catch the ball consistently in traffic, good but not great route runner, Great speed

Ahhhh, but I can dream.

I like Matthews too, he would be a good consolation.

The Colts already have Jeremy M in TY Hilton.    Do we really want 2 5'9" WR's?  I don't know.. 

I really do like JM but I think Indianapolis can do better through the draft and not have to pay top dollar for a WR.

Heck, Wayne's replacement may already be on the roster.

Jeremy Macklin is a lock with Grigson past history with Eagles. I also think we have a great chance of signing Orakpo because of the Redskins cap situation. Mathis will be 34 with a 9 mil salary in 2014, this will most likely be his last year as a Colt.

The Colts already have Jeremy M in TY Hilton.    Do we really want 2 5'9" WR's?  I don't know.. 

I really do like JM but I think Indianapolis can do better through the draft and not have to pay top dollar for a WR.

Maclin is 6'0"

Your thinking about Desean Jackson, Macklin is 6'0 200lbs same size as Wayne. Macklin would be a great replacement for Wayne, i see DHB as a #2 WR.

Ok...  whatever...    he defiantly plays like it.

Guess that explains his 4.2 YAC for his career and NEVER over 5..       TY's was 7.9 in his rookie year.

What he heck DHB's is 4.7 for his career.   

JM is NOT the answer..

Maclin is 6'0"

I'd rather have Jackson...      but he is an * so... 

And his YAC for his career is 5.6, and a season high of 7.7.

JM is not the BIG play talent some you all think he is.

Your thinking about Desean Jackson, Macklin is 6'0 200lbs same size as Wayne. Macklin would be a great replacement for Wayne, i see DHB as a #2 WR.

Ok...  whatever...    he defiantly plays like it.

Guess that explains his 4.2 YAC for his career and NEVER over 5..       TY's was 7.9 in his rookie year.

What he heck DHB's is 4.7 for his career.   

JM is NOT the answer..

Reggie was never a YAC guy either. We have TY and DHB to stretch the field. Maclin is a possession guy who's reliable at the short and intermediate parts of the field (where TY struggles) He'd be filling Reggie's role as the go-to-guy to move the chains. TY and DHB being the burners.

Dang I always thought JM was a little speedster type..

But I don't pay any attention to the EAGLES.       But after checking him out how in the heck do any of you really want this guy targeted as a prime FA talent?   

I don't see it in any way.    He is a possession WR.

So you want to pay top dollar for a possession WR?

I'm all for this guy at a reasonable number.   BUT I think this dude may just get WAY over payed.

Reggie was never a YAC guy either. We have TY and DHB to stretch the field. Maclin is a possession guy who's reliable at the short and intermediate parts of the field (where TY struggles) He'd be filling Reggie's role as the go-to-guy to move the chains. TY and DHB being the burners.

Offensive side I would target Ben Tate, DHB (pending how he plays this year), if DHB sucks it up then I would likely target Andre Roberts and Andrew Hawkins along with Veldheer/Monroe. Outside of a RB/WR we are pretty set on the offensive side unless Castonzo #@!$ the bed.

Defensive side I think the priority is Vontae. If we need a DE I would love Cory Wooten/Lamaar Houston. At LB I love Wesley Woodward and Donald Butler. In the defensive backfield, it all ends with Vontae resigning, if he does not then Sam Shields is really the only alternative. Safety would be Chris Clemons if Beathea walks. 

So you want to pay top dollar for a possession WR?

I'm all for this guy at a reasonable number.   BUT I think this dude may just get WAY over payed.

Top dollar? No way. I like him as a player though. I think that 4 year, $20 would be reasonable.

Gotta keep in mind also that Indy will have a lot of really good players coming up for contracts in a few years.

I don't see Indy breaking the bank for anyone from here on out.

the salary cap does go up significantly in 2015 though. I don't think they will spend every dime they have, but it wouldn't surprise me to see some bigger contracts. Hopefully they don't break the bank for 1 individual which would limit the team. Peyton was worth the $$$ but without great talent on both sides of the ball we saw 1 Lombardi Trophy  :(

Exactly..   this teams "PRIME" window is between now and Luck's second contract.  

When Indy is paying for a top tier QB again things will change ...    Back to what Polian faced.

the salary cap does go up significantly in 2015 though. I don't think they will spend every dime they have, but it wouldn't surprise me to see some bigger contracts. Hopefully they don't break the bank for 1 individual which would limit the team. Peyton was worth the $$$ but without great talent on both sides of the ball we saw 1 Lombardi Trophy  :(

With our cap...

Resign Vontae Davis, DHB, and Bradshaw if they produce. (1st priorities)

Any other role players we need to resign for cheap.

With maybe 10 million bring in a few potential starter players at OL, OLB, CB. Then save the rest of our cap for the draft picks.

Then in the draft we need young playmakers at DE, OLB since Mathis and Redding are getting up there in age. Maybe another young CB or safety. And a mid round WR would help our depth there.

Exactly..   this teams "PRIME" window is between now and Luck's second contract.  

When Indy is paying for a top tier QB again things will change ...    Back to what Polian faced.

That's another thing that i was gettin' at. Even when Luck's rookie contract is up, "Hopefully they don't break the bank for 1 individual which would limit the team."  When 1 person makes the biggest NFL salary it limits the T-E-A-M. QB's don't win Championships, TEAMs do!!!  I hope we Never go back to what Polian did with contracts!

That's not to say that Luck won't be worth the $$$, just like Peyton was worth the $$$. It Severely limits both sides of the TEAM when 1 individual makes 30% of the salary cap.

Top dollar? No way. I like him as a player though. I think that 4 year, $20 would be reasonable.

I think wed be Lucky if he would accept something that low. I'm willing to bet he's gonna want something in the 4-5 year rang and in between 30-40 mil probably. This guy is gonna want his money.

I think wed be Lucky if he would accept something that low. I'm willing to bet he's gonna want something in the 4-5 year rang and in between 30-40 mil probably. This guy is gonna want his money.

He has never had a 1000 yard season or caught over 70 passes. He isn't gonna get that kinda dough.