Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greg Toler

Monster

From what Ive been hearing, Greg Toler has been looking like a stud! I know its only OTA's,  But if he is doing what they say; That's he's a really fast and athletic ball hawk, defending and intercepting passes, and basically just making plays all over the field. That is excellent news. That is exactly the type of player the scouts and his player evaluations, said he was before his injury. That #2 corner position is so key, He sounds like a  perfect opposite side to Vontae and having Butler as the nickle is a secondary I think will complement our run stopping front seven,

Im also reading good things about what Dax Swanson is back there doing,  And that Sheldon Price impressed in the little bit of time he was here.  If true this would be REALLY good news! We're talking talented starters and depth!  I cant wait to see these guys in action,

From what Ive been hearing...

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This is OTAs. This is installation. These guys aren't playing football....and they're barely playing practice.

I hope Toler turns out to be a great addition. But he has a history of injuries and the fact that he has come up limping during OTAs is enough for me to withhold my zeal about the guy until we see him week in and week out.

As Brian pointed out it is OTA but pass coverage is probably the one thing that is most game-like during this time of the year.

Yes, it's not full contact and no pads but watching a guy like Toler break on the ball is pretty impressive.

I know there's not a ton of quality depth at corner but if the core 4 can stay healthy I think the secondary will force many more turnovers in 2013.

Anyone remember the cardinals out of bounds int where the ball was going out of bounds and a cardinal dove for the ball and threw it inbounds for it to be picked off. Toler was the one that threw it in

Anyone remember the cardinals out of bounds int where the ball was going out of bounds and a cardinal dove for the ball and threw it inbounds for it to be picked off. Toler was the one that threw it in

I thought it was a fumble not a interception? I could be wrong

EDIT: It was in fact a Fumble ColtsRule91. Here's the link for everyone who doesn't know what we're referring too

Indy's CB's will be fine IF the Colts can get a better rush on the QB.

Indy took a "pass rusher" first rather than a CB for a reason.

John, quick favor to ask. Can you see a YouTube link in my post right above yours? Im on my android phone and it's not showing me a link in it

I thought it was a fumble not a interception? I could be wrong

EDIT: It was in fact a Fumble ColtsRule91. Here's the link for everyone who doesn't know what we're referring too

Thanks for the fix tk still a great play by toler

Interesting note here. Greg Toler apparently missed OTA's the other day with a sore foot. But nothing serious. Guess just a little rusty bodies tryna get back in shape

@mchappell51: #colts WR Darrius Heyward-Bey has sore hammy and CB Greg Toler sore foot. Neither considered the least bit serious.

Will always remember that picture of Toler wearing the non-fitting suit while visiting the Colts complex right after being signed...

Hope he is the baller he is made out to be...

He's a good CB, just gotta stay healthy. Your skill won't help us if you're playing Cheerleader most of the year. But I just have this gut feeling he'll play at least 14 games this year. But Im pulling for the whole season plus playoffs

Indy's CB's will be fine IF the Colts can get a better rush on the QB.   

Indy took a "pass rusher" first rather than a CB for a reason.

You make a great point.

How often around the league we see a pass rush cover up a secondary's lack of coverage ability is remarkable.

A strong pass rush would definitely help out our pass defense and hopefully creat more turnovers than last season.

You make a great point.

How often around the league we see a pass rush cover up a secondary's lack of coverage ability is remarkable.

A strong pass rush would definitely help out our pass defense and hopefully creat more turnovers than last season.

Giants have 2 superbowls with that formula...crazy pressure with front 4, OK secondary.

the steelers rarely have alike a household name at CB, yet they always have a top 5 D

For anyone who's interested in this. AAlthough it is off topic haha

@mchappell51: #colts in good shape moving forward. About $32 million in cap space for 2014. http://t.co/BArycjcPUH

What?!? Oh man, if it wasn't for that dumba** grigson signing whalden to that ridiculous contract the colts would have 36m in cap space 2014! #capkiller

From the Bengals? No way they let him go

That money is going to re-sign Patty Mac, Vontae, Bethea, & Donald Brown

Well McAfee is a punter so it's not going to matter much because he'll only get like $2 million.

Vontae will get like $6 million at the max unless he suddenly turns into Darrelle Revis and I don't think Grigson re-signs a 30 year old Bethea. Same goes for Brown. There should be substantial cap space to get a few starters. Atkins is just a pipe dream though haha

Well McAfee is a punter so it's not going to matter much because he'll only get like $2 million.

Vontae will get like $6 million at the max unless he suddenly turns into Darrelle Revis and I don't think Grigson re-signs a 30 year old Bethea. Same goes for Brown. There should be substantial cap space to get a few starters. Atkins is just a pipe dream though haha

I think Brown gets re-signed & I'd like Bethea to retire as one of us. And nothing is a pipe dream when Grigson is your GM

Heck no Its all about the Sanchize!

Please dismiss yourself from this forum. Don't even log out, just turn the computer off, unplug it, put in in the darkest area of your house, & just never touch it again. Just get out, get out right now

lmao

What?!? Oh man, if it wasn't for that dumba** grigson signing whalden to that ridiculous contract the colts would have 36m in cap space 2014! #capkiller

If we release Walden, that $32m goes to $35.5m. 

These numbers are very incomplete, though. I still haven't seen salary details on Landry, for instance, and Werner is still unsigned. McAfee might get a multi year deal. We might roll another $5m into 2014, depending on how this season goes. And then there's no idea what the cap will be next year. 

From what I can tell, our working cap number for 2014 is currently projected to be about $90m, pending additional details.

Please dismiss yourself from this forum. Don't even log out, just turn the computer off, unplug it, put in in the darkest area of your house, & just never touch it again. Just get out, get out right now

lmao

At first when I read your post about Atkins for some reason Geno Smith popped into my head. . . regardless Sanchize is the best. . . . I mean Rex even has the number tattooed on him, thats a good sign right?

If we release Walden, that $32m goes to $35.5m. 

These numbers are very incomplete, though. I still haven't seen salary details on Landry, for instance, and Werner is still unsigned. McAfee might get a multi year deal. We might roll another $5m into 2014, depending on how this season goes. And then there's no idea what the cap will be next year. 

From what I can tell, our working cap number for 2014 is currently projected to be about $90m, pending additional details.

I was just being sarcastic...due to the early outrage over Walden's contract.

I tried to tell all the CORNERBACKITES befor the draft we were good and Toler was a monster, no 1 wanted to listen...Thank god we took Werner and not Rhodes...PERIOD

The season hasn't even started yet, Fair to say Toler hasn't proved we dont need someone else just yet, Im optimistic but that stops well short of crowning Corner our long term answer at #2 Corner just yet