Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Revisiting some of last years draft threads

Aside from the obvious Luck thread of course.

lmao Some of these are insanely hilarious in hindsight:

Dwayne Allen: http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/7659-colts-pick-dwayne-allen-merge/

TY Hilton: http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/7671-pick-92-isty-hilton-merge/

Vick Ballard: http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/7734-colts-draft-vick-ballard-rb-mississippi-state/

Just a reason why we have to trust the guys in the front office. Even if we don't agree with some of the picks.

@Dwayne Allen

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Possibly the Best Player Available on the Colts board but I LOVE this pick as well.

GO COLTS!

@TY Hilton

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Bad pick. A huge  :facepalm:

(Bad judgement on me).

@Dwayne Allen

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Possibly the Best Player Available on the Colts board but I LOVE this pick as well.

GO COLTS!

You aren't getting off that easy haha

TY Hilton:

Bad pick. A huge  :facepalm: -ManningtoCollie

Lol......"Nobody" hated them all. :D You should be able to "tag" other forum members in posts

Not picking on you....your responses just stood out because I recognized your avatar.

I actually mocked us both Allen and TY, but we'd just taken Fleener (another pick I didn't like) and I thought TY was a reach. As for Ballard, I knew nothing about him other than the 40 debacle and fumble %.

Eh, hopefully I'm wrong about the picks this year, too!

Aside from the obvious Luck thread of course.

lmao Some of these are insanely hilarious in hindsight:

Dwayne Allen: http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/7659-colts-pick-dwayne-allen-merge/

TY Hilton: http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/7671-pick-92-isty-hilton-merge/

Vick Ballard: http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/7734-colts-draft-vick-ballard-rb-mississippi-state/

Just a reason why we have to trust the guys in the front office. Even if we don't agree with some of the picks.

Moving this to the draft section

Gavin

• photo-thumb-5926.jpg?_r=1342736048

10873 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

we already a kick returner in Zbikowski TY will be a depth at best, we coulda got Streeter, hes at least a sure number 2

and i dont mean to call Gavin out, cause everyones prediction was just flat out wrong... but i thought this should be worth mentioning...we all kinda liked another guy here or there on this draft we acted like they would be just depth (much like most of our draft this year) only to realize that that other guy does not even have a spot guaranteed on the team and our guy is a future star.

might we get this lucky with this draft?

Ya win some ya lose some, Cant be right all the time.........But ya sure can be wrong most of the time, I had forgotten I said that actually

and again, i didnt mean to single you out...cause andy kept calling ty mike thomas 2.0 lol so i mean everybody was just flat out wrong

btw this made me thing...when grigson goes up and gets his player it probably means htey have a plan for him, like they really want him and to contribute...might this be the same with Montari Hughe?

Definitely. I don't think he'll play a huge role this year barring injury; but he'll play a lot of snaps along the the line when he eventually replaces Redding. Grigs and Pags seem to be very high on him.

this is why i dont question professionals at their jobs. some of your predictions were silly at best.

some professionals opinions are silly at best, Its all part of the draft. Hitting and missing is part of the draft, GM's do it and fans can as well

GM's are just better at it and paid to do it.

I think what they are better at is giving valid reasons why a player is as good as he is and should be as highly thought of as he is but thats not to say other people not paid to do what they do cant learn

I think what they are better at is giving valid reasons why a player is as good as he is and should be as highly thought of as he is but thats not to say other people not paid to do what they do cant learn

it takes alot to learn to do what they do, and why they do it

My personal favorite:

After the TY Hilton pick:

"Do you think Bill polian would come back if we asked him very nicely?" -ar1888

I love being wrong when it comes to the Colts. I am usually skeptical, but that is because I have lived through the Art Schlichter, Jeff George, and Craig Erickson era. What worries me this year, is the fact I like all of our picks with the exception of Khalid Holmes.

This, among other reasons, is why I try and talk about the upside of the players I'm familiar with instead of damning everyone I don't know as much about. People on here get so caught up in guys they like and think the Colts will draft that they forget the FO gets paid for a reason.