Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bjoern Werner wanted to be with his German comrade with Giants

chad72

“It would be awesome,” he said. “Honestly, I would love that. We could just talk German on the field all the time, I would love that.”

Well at least there is a certain #12 who can speak a little German, at least Werner has a teammate who he can speak German to on the sidelines!!!

Remind you of Duane Allen ?(absolutely hated coming here).  I wish we had some German speaking players on the Colts.  Maybe we could get Broomhilda Von Shaft to be one of our cheerleaders, no?

I am pretty sure Luck is fairly fluent in German, growing up in Frankfurt...

Bet Bjoren & Luck will be able to connect on a few levels, Doener Kabobs, currywurst, soccerr, etc. not a bad at all...

From his press conference today he said that when the colts went up at 24 he was really hoping they would call his name, and that he would have been really disappointed. He seemed overall impressed with the team and the coaches. I honestly feel he wanted to be here.

Yep. Like he would have always wanted to be a Giant had he been picked at 19, and a Bengal at 21 etc. Spin squared.

Remind you of Duane Allen ?(absolutely hated coming here). I wish we had some German speaking players on the Colts. Maybe we could get Broomhilda Von Shaft to be one of our cheerleaders, no?

From what I've heard him say, he was hoping for us. And his little circle.

Remind you of Duane Allen ?(absolutely hated coming here).  I wish we had some German speaking players on the Colts.  Maybe we could get Broomhilda Von Shaft to be one of our cheerleaders, no?

Do you have link/source for Allen hating coming here?

Allen was just frustrated and acted like a bit of a thing that's a synonym of "butt" that nonetheless gets turned into "butt" on this forum despite having alternate uses in the english language, but he'd be the first to admit it apparently, so it's really not that big a deal.

On the topic of Werner, I've read reports about him being not as quick as a normal pass rusher.   Is he going to OLB as a pass rusher?

It kind of concerns me b/c you can't teach speed.

I did feel better about the pick when I watched some highlights, but he was coming off the line on the 'Noles.

I can't tell if you are kidding or not.  The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.  You probably are kidding and I am the one looking like a fool :)

Nah, you're just being polite.

I just assumed everyone has seen Animal House at least ten times, like me.