Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which player do you think will be the biggest surprise?

chad72

Who will be biggest surprise?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which player, if he produces at Pro Bowl level, will surprise you the most?

I voted for Erik Walden. In order for him to go to the Pro Bowl, he has to have a lot of sacks. I think a solid and successful season from Walden is around 40+ tackles, 4+ sacks, a handful of passes defensed/intercepted, and two or three tackles for loss. Those are GOOD numbers from a Sam backer in Pagano's defense. He'd probably have to double up in every category to go to the Pro Bowl.

I could sooner see Jerry Hughes having 10+ sacks, or Donald Brown having 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns, or DHB having 70 catches and 10 touchdowns. I don't see any of those things happening, by the way, and even if they did, name recognition would probably keep them from being voted in. They'd have to be coaches selections.

I voted walden I think he will be good for us prolly not pro bowl but enough for ppl to stop hating on him but the one with a biggest chance to go to the pro bowl is DHB

I read this wrong I'm changing my vote to DB I think walden will be good so it won't surprise me and I also think DHB will be good too if DB does good ill be surprised

I clicked on Walden and then the question in the post seemed a bit different........

Well, my vote was I would not be surprised if Walden exceeded expectations. He has been dumped on a lot it seems?

Pagano/Grigson seem to really believe in him. Which in turn makes me have faith. They can be infectious......

I clicked on Walden and then the question in the post seemed a bit different........

Well, my vote was I would not be surprised if Walden exceeded expectations. He has been dumped on a lot it seems?

Pagano/Grigson seem to really believe in him. Which in turn makes me have faith. They can be infectious......

I did the same thing lol

I really do not think this constitutes a surprise.....at least in this fan's mind.....but Coby Fleener!!!

I am going mostly on the reaction of fans toward his first year being below their expectations.  I said on draft day last year with Fleener and Allen we had out TEs for the next 10-12 years....with the perfect QB to get them the ball.

With the shorter routes, quicker drops, and play action expected we will see Fleener's athleticism come to the forefront.  Other teams will not know what hit them when Pep includes Allen, Fleener, TY, DHB...Ballard...DB.....OH and yes that 87 guy!!!!

Are ya ready?   :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :pass:  :pass:  :pass:  :yahoo:!!!!! 

Which player, according to you, will be the one who will surprise you if he produces at a Pro Bowl level? Of course, this assumes your expectations from that guy are low to begin with. :)

Well....since you put it that way my runaway choice is Mike "Traffic Cone" McGlynn

Well....since you put it that way my runaway choice is Mike "Traffic Cone" McGlynn

Line of scrimmage......

I play right guard for the Indianapolis Colts.....Grigs says I have a 'mean streak.'  Please do not bull rush me or bull....OOOPs me....no spin moves....Love, Mike McGlynn. :spit:

gg64118568.jpg

I like the way you are thinking Jules!  I have been on Walden's side since the signing, and until he 'shows these eyes' he is not worthy.....gonna back him!  Seal the edge brother!!!   :coltsfb:  :coltsfb:

Which player, according to you, will be the one who will surprise you if he produces at a Pro Bowl level? Of course, this assumes your expectations from that guy are low to begin with. :)

Of those mentioned the biggest longshot to produce at a pro bowl level is Donald Brown.  Most likely is DHB.  Walden and Hughes might play about the same number of snaps, so they'll make it hard on each other to stand out.

Of those mentioned the biggest longshot to produce at a pro bowl level is Donald Brown.  Most likely is DHB.  Walden and Hughes might play about the same number of snaps, so they'll make it hard on each other to stand out.

How about 110% energy from two guys setting the edge and rushing the passer....two headed sword if they can bring it on every play!!  I feel there is significant motivation to do just that!! :pass:  :pass:  :pass: Lets play now....UH UH......after the draft :)