Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rolando McClain

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard about this!! We have the cap room and we need a nasty ILB, he is young and super talented...Don't judge players that end up in Oakland it is purgatory and where great talents go to disappear in the black hole....McClain and Freeman would be a great tandem...I think he could flourish here and will be better than a 2nd round pick we don't have....He has way more talent than Connor or Angerer it's not even close.

You make a good point we don't have a 2nd so let McClain come in place of a 2nd pick and agree about Oakland they don't have control over any of there players I'm sure if McClain was here and winning with our great FO he would change how he acts

Crappy work ethic and character issues. No thanks.

Character issues? Yes. Crappy work ethic? Hardly. The guy is an absolute freak. As I stated in another post, the Raiders organization is a virus. Guys who NEVER had issues coming out of college, or pro's who happen to end up there, ends up having the worst brought out of them there. I don't know what it is, and I can't explain it but I tend to be a little more lenient on guys coming from Oakland. If there is any better place to come play and be able to stay clean, its here.

Sorry to say, but he's HEAD AND SHOULDERS better than any ILB we have right now. As much as a fan of Freeman I am, he's no where near the talent that McClain is. Heck, Angerer would be carrying his pads around for him. If he makes waivers and makes it to the Colts, I really hope he pulls the trigger. Running on us would just get THAT MUCH harder.

Oh god where to begin. . . he's a terrible locker room influence, he should be a convicted felon, he's a lazy waste of talent with attitude problems, going as far as to get into a verbal altercation with Dennis Allen and then insult the Raiders on his facebook wall, he's terrible in pass coverage and fails to recognize or remedy that. Good riddance.

-Raiders fan.

Okay, when you guys say he's "Terrible in pass coverage"

Are we talking Vaughn terrible..... or just terrible as in "he can improve"?

He's terrible at it. Vaughn terrible. But he wouldn't be asked to do it that much in our scheme anyway.

Raiders got another cap-casualty with a former #8 overall pick for ya!! Rolando McClain, #8 pick in 2010 draft. Stud LB, kinda an Allen Iverson lifestyle tho.

My buddy who is a raiders fan just txted me that!

Text your buddy & ask them to send Tyron Branch, Huff, & D. Moore over here haha jk

Character issues? Yes. Crappy work ethic? Hardly. The guy is an absolute freak. As I stated in another post, the Raiders organization is a virus. Guys who NEVER had issues coming out of college, or pro's who happen to end up there, ends up having the worst brought out of them there. I don't know what it is, and I can't explain it but I tend to be a little more lenient on guys coming from Oakland. If there is any better place to come play and be able to stay clean, its here.

Sorry to say, but he's HEAD AND SHOULDERS better than any ILB we have right now. As much as a fan of Freeman I am, he's no where near the talent that McClain is. Heck, Angerer would be carrying his pads around for him. If he makes waivers and makes it to the Colts, I really hope he pulls the trigger. Running on us would just get THAT MUCH harder.

Our run D would be amazing I would love it too with MJD CJ2K and Foster

Man, they lost everyone!!!!

Yeah Ik they are actually trying to get the franchise back on it feet again I think they can they are getting rid of alot of dead cap space and bad contracts plus now that they have a new gm I think he will be better at drafting then Davis was

Yep! $72,515,693 if my calculations are correct. Depends on how much dead money is left from McClain. I'm not a cap expert, but I think that number is pretty close.

Wow!! That's huge maybe they can start competing again lol they need to learn to draft hopefully they do

Why are so many posters wanting to turn our organisation into Alcatraz?

Cause it is quite possible to find his true potential with Pagano and our FO we are a very stable franchise and can help young players with problems plus we could try and get him for a year and see wat happens if its bad then let him go

I want to see a healthy angerer playing with freeman. If our d-line can keep blockers off our backers then angerer will be fine

so he is good as long as no one tries to block him.... 

I don't know if McClain is the guy or not, but we need an upgrade at ILB

I want to see a healthy angerer playing with freeman. If our d-line can keep blockers off our backers then angerer will be fine

I want to add Conner too.....I would really like to see him turned loose on a QB.  Need to hear a Session-esque/Sanders-esque POP to the pads!  Notice I said pads for those who think I play defense too rough :)

If he comes cheap (2-3 million a year) go for it. That could be a really deep inside linebacker core and it would allow us to keep players fresh and limit injuries with Conner, Freeman, Angerer, and McClain. Call me crazy but I have an amzing feeling about this year and I truly think we can make a run at the Super Bowl barring major injuries!!!

I'd agree.

1 year at anything less than $2.5 million and it's win/win IMO. Best case scenario: we get a very talented who starts to buck his ideas up in a new, healthier environment. Worst case scenario: we sign a waste of space, play Angerer or Connor ahead of him and release him after his one year.

I think someone will pay him more than that though. If they do, we shouldn't match it.

And I'm not sure about a Superbowl next year! :P

Why are so many posters wanting to turn our organisation into Alcatraz?

Hey, not a bad idea! Now that you mention it, why don't we have Grigs go evaluate some prisoners. With the way he plucks out talent like Freeman, he may find us some gems. We can work out a work release program and then have some real attitude on our roster haha

I would pass he's really bad in coverage and Conner is a better player.

It won't matter here as Freeman is the LB more responsible for dropping into coverage. Conner's role is mainly playing the run which is what McClain would be asked to do and where he's his best at. Conner isn't any good in coverage either.

It is simply amazing to me that anybody would want us to bring this clown in. It would be different looking past the fact that he's dumb as a rock if he had any talent, but he's terrible and has been terrible his entire time in Oakland. Fans just want to bring in players for the sake of adding a new face to the roster.  :facepalm:

Hey, not a bad idea! Now that you mention it, why don't we have Grigs go evaluate some prisoners. With the way he plucks out talent like Freeman, he may find us some gems. We can work out a work release program and then have some real attitude on our roster haha

I thought we traded Geathers.   :lol:   We need Honey Badger and more convicts like a hole in the head :)

clifton%20geathers.jpg?w=440&h=330&aspec

It won't matter here as Freeman is the LB more responsible for dropping into coverage. Conner's role is mainly playing the run which is what McClain would be asked to do and where he's his best at. Conner isn't any good in coverage either.

Conner is great vs the run a well and hes much more faster and athletic then McClain. He also has too many off the field issues bad locker room guy.

It is simply amazing to me that anybody would want us to bring this clown in. It would be different looking past the fact that he's dumb as a rock if he had any talent, but he's terrible and has been terrible his entire time in Oakland. Fans just want to bring in players for the sake of adding a new face to the roster. :facepalm:

I don't think that's completely true. He a 3/4 ilb trying to play the 4/3 for the raiders. Dude was an absolute beast for bama. Once again not his fault the raiders are a * poor run organization. He is a square peg trying to be jammed in a round hole. Now he might be a complete *. Hard to say, I feel like when people go to the raiders they need to be this bad boy rebels or something. If the Colts are serious about stopping the run he could be another one of those game changer types. 6'4 260

Agreed....People act like we have All-Pro Linebackers and running backs here....Our best LB is a guy no one knew about from the CFL, that should tell you something right there!! Lets not get into not being able to cover...Angerer is the worst coverage linebacker I've ever saw he can't even turn his head he is so stiff he's like Frankenstein...You don't want a bunch of soft choir boys on Defense NFL players aren't supposed to be angels, you have to be a little off to play and be successful in this violent take no prisoners game especially on the defensive side..Look at the Ravens for example..Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis aren't exactly nice guys, remember Warren Sapp anyone...Are we building a nasty D or do we want to build a church choir, I want guys with an edge...We have the coaches and vets to keep them in line...Indianapolis fans are way too worried about character at times..The bottom line is you need the James Harrison, Ray Lewis,  Gronkowski, Sapp, Suggs- type players just as much as you need the Saturdays and Luck's, you need a mix...