Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rolando McClain

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crappy linebacker with a crappy work ethic and character issues. No thanks.

I can't speak on his work ethic but i do know he is far from crappy linebacker. Keep in mind even it comes to the front seven scheme and coaching has alot to do with a players impact on the field. Work ethic,as you eluded to is also a big part in performance, but how can you tell the the difference from work ethic to not fitting a scheme... would you say freeney didn't work hard last year?

NO! I wanna see Freeman & Connor together. Everyone else can be a back-up

that is not a bad starting ilb group at all but from what i saw of him in live play and on TV i think he could really bring that playmaker mentality to the front seven.. However it would be nice to change that 4 mill down to about 2-2.5

I can't speak on his with ethic but i do know he is far from crappy linebacker. Keep in mind even it comes to the front seven scheme and coaching has alot to do with a players impact on the field. Work ethic,as you eluded to is also a big part in performance, but how can you tell the the difference from with ethic to not fitting a scheme... would you say freeney didn't work hard last year?

Has Freeney ever got into shouting matches with coaches that resulted in being suspended or been arrested for firing a gun next to a guys head?

Like I said, I wanna see Freeman & Connor

But we picked up DHB, so it wouldn't surprise me if we gave him a shot either

Don't count out a healthy Angerer. He was playing still hurt last year. If he gets back to 2011 form him and Freemen will leave no free men running(See what I did there?)

that is not a bad starting ilb group at all but from what i saw of him in live play and on TV i think he could really bring that playmaker mentality to the front seven.. However it would be nice to change that 4 mill down to about 2-2.5

I thought Redding & Mathis brought the playmaker mentality. They always seemed to come through for us

In my eyes albeit only mine but wouldn't you want the best players on your team. Rolando played in a 3-4 D at Bama so wouldn't learning curve wouldn't be much of a factor and you can't teach his size

If he comes cheap (2-3 million a year) go for it. That could be a really deep inside linebacker core and it would allow us to keep players fresh and limit injuries with Conner, Freeman, Angerer, and McClain. Call me crazy but I have an amzing feeling about this year and I truly think we can make a run at the Super Bowl barring major injuries!!!

I wouldn't be against it if we were able to give him a different contract after Monday a 1 year deal see if he can behave with better FO and coaches and better team of it worked out him and freeman would be one amazing set of ILBs plus he's only 23

If he comes cheap (2-3 million a year) go for it. That could be a really deep inside linebacker core and it would allow us to keep players fresh and limit injuries with Conner, Freeman, Angerer, and McClain. Call me crazy but I have an amzing feeling about this year and I truly think we can make a run at the Super Bowl barring major injuries!!!

*Retweets*

Freeman is our field general imo. He's proven that he can be the leader. Not the vocal leader like Redding was this year, but the performance leader. Lead the team in tackles & lead in interceptions for a few weeks until Vontae & Butler took over lol

He has been waived i think we should claim him. HE would be in a scheme that fits his skill set. And he is a strait beast on the inside. I think pagano and Griggs can get him back focused Ala nick Saban...... Go HORSE!!! RTR!!!

Just heard about this!! We have the cap room and we need a nasty ILB, he is young and super talented...Don't judge players that end up in Oakland it is purgatory and where great talents go to disappear in the black hole....McClain and Freeman would be a great tandem...I think he could flourish here and will be better than a 2nd round pick we don't have....He has way more talent than Connor or Angerer it's not even close.