Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rolando McClain

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are set at ILB

4 million is not that big of a cap number for Oakland to take if he were such a great player.

If you don't have a big cap number, and you aren't wanted on the worst team in the NFL......

You are probably not so good

It's not about that. They're obviously starting fresh. Also, he was and is a 3/4 ilb. Not a 4/3 where he has to cover more space.

I think we are set at ILB

4 million is not that big of a cap number for Oakland to take if he were such a great player.

If you don't have a big cap number, and you aren't wanted on the worst team in the NFL......

You are probably not so good

Well he was in a 4-3 he's more of a 3-4 player

McClain reportedly set to sign with the Ravens. Good fit.

That s*cks.....once again we can't see the forest through the trees..Let him go to the Ravens and become a beast...We could have had him at a reasonable price and he would have been our most talented backer and blossomed under Pagano...Ozzie Newsome is a heck of a G.M...I thought they were doomed losing all those players but he brought in a younger talented Huff to replace Reed, Dumervil to replace Kruger, and now McClain to replace Lewis/Ellerbie all at bargain prices based on POTENTIAL which Grigson could be overpaying for, and I hope not. Now they'll probably pick up a good WR in the draft and they may be just as good next year despite paying 20 million to Flacco. Not a Ravens fan, but really respect the way Newsome puts a quality team together no matter the situation. The offseason couldn't have played out better for the Ravens.

That s*cks.....once again we can't see the forest through the trees..Let him go to the Ravens and become a beast...We could have had him at a reasonable price and he would have been our most talented backer and blossomed under Pagano...Ozzie Newsome is a heck of a G.M...I thought they were doomed losing all those players but he brought in a younger talented Huff to replace Reed, Dumervil to replace Kruger, and now McClain to replace Lewis/Ellerbie all at bargain prices based on POTENTIAL which Grigson could be overpaying for, and I hope not. Now they'll probably pick up a good WR in the draft and they may be just as good next year despite paying 20 million to Flacco. Not a Ravens fan, but really respect the way Newsome puts a quality team together no matter the situation. The offseason couldn't have played out better for the Ravens.

1) You don't have to beat the filters to say "sucks." And trying to beat the filters is against the rules.

2) I think McClain would have been a good fit, but he's not going to make our defense. He's not going to make the Ravens defense either. We could do better in the draft.

1) You don't have to beat the filters to say "sucks." And trying to beat the filters is against the rules.

2) I think McClain would have been a good fit, but he's not going to make our defense. He's not going to make the Ravens defense either. We could do better in the draft.

I don't know we could do bettter in the draft??? He could have replaced the 2nd rd pick we don't have. Also, we could focus more on the offensive skill positions and line since we added another playmaker to the defense...You will see his impact with the Ravens next year with a good culture and quality coaching.

I don't know we could do bettter in the draft??? He could have replaced the 2nd rd pick we don't have. Also, we could focus more on the offensive skill positions and line since we added another playmaker to the defense...You will see his impact with the Ravens next year with a good culture and quality coaching.

I'd rather have Minter, Ogletree, Brown, Bostic, etc. Nothing against McClain, like I said he'd fill a need for us. But we already added a lot of players at a lot of positions, especially along the defensive front. McClain also comes with some professional concerns.

I'd rather have Minter, Ogletree, Brown, Bostic, etc. Nothing against McClain, like I said he'd fill a need for us. But we already added a lot of players at a lot of positions, especially along the defensive front. McClain also comes with some professional concerns.

If we had McClain we wouldn't have to consider those rookie ILB's and could go G, R-OLB, WR, or RB. Maybe they'll pick woodson up to play nickel or dime and we won't waste a 1st on a CB...We always draft CB's let them develop and become good and let them go somewhere else...

I agree he would make the D by himself but he will be a great fit and a big play maker at stopping the run and I'm not sure we get better in the draft unless you take a ILB in the first and it's not that big a need that's why McClain for cheap was a good idea cause Pags would have made him a monster I'm sure of it

If we had McClain we wouldn't have to consider those rookie ILB's and could go G, R-OLB, WR, or RB. Maybe they'll pick woodson up to play nickel or dime and we won't waste a 1st on a CB...We always draft CB's let them develop and become good and let them go somewhere else...

That's the way I'm thinking he could replace a 2nd round pick and prolly be better then anyone we could even get in the 2nd with McClain we could grab a OLB or if cooper fell we could trade up a few spots for him

What corner did we draft that went on to be good somewhere else? Tim Jennings, the favorite whipping boy of Colts fans???

You build your team through the draft, not piece-mealing a roster together with second tier free agents. I'm not arguing against McClain, but I think the ILBs in the draft, many of whom have second and third round grades, will be as good as him as rookies.

I am very "meh" on McClain.

What corner did we draft that went on to be good somewhere else? Tim Jennings, the favorite whipping boy of Colts fans???

You build your team through the draft, not piece-mealing a roster together with second tier free agents. I'm not arguing against McClain, but I think the ILBs in the draft, many of whom have second and third round grades, will be as good as him as rookies.

I hope your right I'm not real familiar with some of the ppl in the later rounds if we can get a ILB in a later round that is good I would love that too im just not a big draft guru like alot of ppl on here haha

I hope your right I'm not real familiar with some of the ppl in the later rounds if we can get a ILB in a later round that is good I would love that too im just not a big draft guru like alot of ppl on here haha

I'm not a guru; some are, others pretend to be.

But what I do think about the draft is that there are a lot of good linebackers and defensive linemen who won't go in the first round. Tons of value in later rounds, especially at ILB, since it's not as high profile a position as pass rusher OLB/DE.

However, word on the street is McClain signed for one year, $700k, with playing time incentives. I'd have taken him for that much, based on his ability. But there's still question marks related to coachability, character, work ethic, etc. He'd have been a nice option for us, but it's not like he's crucial to our success this year. And when people suggest that our front office is stupid because we didn't sign McClain, it seems kind of overboard.

But what I do think about the draft is that there are a lot of good linebackers and defensive linemen who won't go in the first round. Tons of value in later rounds, especially at ILB, since it's not as high profile a position as pass rusher OLB/DE.

However, word on the street is McClain signed for one year, $700k, with playing time incentives. I'd have taken him for that much, based on his ability. But there's still question marks related to coachability, character, work ethic, etc. He'd have been a nice option for us, but it's not like he's crucial to our success this year. And when people suggest that our front office is stupid because we didn't sign McClain, it seems kind of overboard.

If people suggested that they must be the ones. I was all for bringing him in. But if they didn't it was for a reason.

Really? Jerraud Powers, Kelvin Hayden, Ray Buchanan, Tim Jennings, Nic Harper, Ashley Ambrose, Joseph Jefferson, and Jacob Lacy to name a few...

Really? Jerraud Powers, Kelvin Hayden, Ray Buchanan, Tim Jennings, Nic Harper, Ashley Ambrose, Joseph Jefferson, and Jacob Lacy to name a few...

Powers just left. Who knows what he's going to do. Hayden hasn't done anything (and it's rich that you'd bring him up, as he was probably the most overpaid defensive retention of the Polian era). Nick Harper did nothing, Joseph Jefferson did nothing, Jacob Lacey did nothing.

I'll give you Ray Buchanan and Ashley Ambrose, but that was two regimes ago. Predates Bill Polian. Get over it.

Yeah our FO is far from stupid lol I hope your right I don't mind drafting a ILB I just liked McClain if a drafted player comes in and plays good I'm happy I'm a colts fan just want the TEAM to be good :)

If people suggested that they must be the ones. I was all for bringing him in. But if they didn't it was for a reason.

I was for bringing him in too but ill be fine even if they didn't I don't mind Grigson knows wat he is doing and ill follow his lead like I said idk much about the draft so ill let the experts handle that too haha I just have my favs I like

Not many of them went on to do anything.

Jennings, Ambrose, Buchanan, and Jefferson all made Pro Bowls, Hayden has been a solid starter in Chicago and Harper was solid in Tennessee, and Powers will probably be a Pro Bowl player too...We are much improved at corner already I don't wanna use a 1st on a CB when we have other areas that can be impacted immediately like G, LB, RB, WR, DE..Later rounds for depth fine but not 1st.

Powers just left. Who knows what he's going to do. Hayden hasn't done anything (and it's rich that you'd bring him up, as he was probably the most overpaid defensive retention of the Polian era). Nick Harper did nothing, Joseph Jefferson did nothing, Jacob Lacey did nothing.

I'll give you Ray Buchanan and Ashley Ambrose, but that was two regimes ago. Predates Bill Polian. Get over it.

Hayden was great the year we won the super bowl and in the playoffs and has started for 1 of the best defenses in the league since he left, Nic Harper was good at Tennessee, Jefferson made Pro Bowl ...I really don't think a lot of people on here have the football acumen to argue with me, probably didn't play or coach, and don't spend the time scouting or watching as I have to because thats how I make extra $$...Some of these arguments are amatuerish really and I just can't help it..Powers is a great talent other than Health Issues he is a very good young CB..I can live with letting him walk because of health concerns because we stole Toler and Butler has good instincts and is a ballhawk, and Davis is great when he is focused so we are solid at CB and will be fine if we draft 1 later or bring in a wiley vet for depth..

• 2 weeks later...