Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thumbs up or Thumbs down?

Dark Superman

I would definitely take him in the 3rd. I think he is a natural football player. He can cover, he can tackle, he has ball skills. I think he will be a very good player.

I don't think a player becomes a Heisman candidate, especially on defense, without talent.

2nd round is too high to take him (though it's very possible he does go in that round), but I would take him in the 3rd. If he kept his nose clean, he could have been a first rounder. Personally, I think his off the field issues are overblown

Manti Teo.

its not that he smoked weed, its he smoked weed after having been in trouble for smoking weed before. how do you think he is going too act after getting paid. no thanks. let the titans or Bengals take him.. maybe the raiders

Looks like Jenkins has handled himself pretty well so far... Again, not saying I condone it, but I also agree with another poster that its an "overblown" act. There was an article a year ago or so that talked about how critical GM's were of it and quite a few said it had little relevance on how they rated said player on their draft board. This was strictly about players who "smoked" and having not been a part of any other illegal activities.

I wouldn't have a problem with taking him especially with him knowing its play and get paid or smoke and be broke. The choice would be his.

With so few picks why take the risk. It's not like we don't have other needs. Pass.

1st round - no

2nd round - Maybe, depending on who else got looked over. (Yes, I know the Colts don't have a 2nd, but there is that chance the Colts trade back.)

3rd round - Absolutely

I'm not really sure a team is drafting for need in the 3rd round. It would be hard for me not to pull the trigger in the 2nd round either. However, Grigson's draft board may not have him rated as high as other GM's draft boards.

Looks like Jenkins has handled himself pretty well so far... Again, not saying I condone it, but I also agree with another poster that its an "overblown" act. There was an article a year ago or so that talked about how critical GM's were of it and quite a few said it had little relevance on how they rated said player on their draft board. This was strictly about players who "smoked" and having not been a part of any other illegal activities.

I wouldn't have a problem with taking him especially with him knowing its play and get paid or smoke and be broke. The choice would be his.

he already answered that question.. he would have been a first rounder had he not got in trouble, yet he did it twice

he already answered that question.. he would have been a first rounder had he not got in trouble, yet he did it twice

Regardless he wasn't being paid. He had no idea what its like to lose a $100k+ game check. Without a doubt some change and some don't, and by no means am I saying grab this guy in the first, but given the opportunity to take a talent like him for a very small sum on day 2 would be hard for "me" to pass up.

Had the guy had a couple DUI's or beaten a girlfriend, which for some reason doesn't seem to be as rated as high as someone "smoking", which makes no sense to me as those are acts of endangerment, then I would have folded on him in a heartbeat. I guess I don't see "smoking" as much of a big deal as others do.

100%. He is worth a 3rd. IF he stayed clean he would have been a top 5 pick this year

Actually, he wouldn't.    Tyrann is a media creation.    He was never, ever going to be a top-5 pick.    It's likely he would never, ever have been a 1st round pick.

Don't believe me?

Tell me when was the last time a cornerback who was under 5'9" and 185 pounds was a 1st round pick.    Probably Darrell Green and that was 30 years ago.    Plus his corner skills are not great.   They need work.

On the pro level,  he's a nickel corner, a slot corner, an inside corner.   That's it.

At best,  he was a 2nd round pick.    Now, he's likely a 3rd round pick.    He's talented.   But he has limitations,  and those limitations cap his value.

I know you're knew to the website -- and a belated welcome to you -- but Tyrann has been a pretty common topic for some time....

Actually, he wouldn't. Tyrann is a media creation. He was never, ever going to be a top-5 pick. It's likely he would never, ever have been a 1st round pick.

Don't believe me?

Tell me when was the last time a cornerback who was under 5'9" and 185 pounds was a 1st round pick. Probably Darrell Green and that was 30 years ago. Plus his corner skills are not great. They need work.

On the pro level, he's a nickel corner, a slot corner, an inside corner. That's it.

At best, he was a 2nd round pick. Now, he's likely a 3rd round pick. He's talented. But he has limitations, and those limitations cap his value.

I know you're knew to the website -- and a belated welcome to you -- but Tyrann has been a pretty common topic for some time....

Ehhh... him and Jenkins are VERY close in size and Jenkins was highly thought of as a first round talent. Top-5? No, but mid - lower level? Yes. Tyrann is/was as highly praised if not more especially being a Heismann finalist and Bednarik award winner as a Sophomore. The kid can ball and before the "issues" was easily a first round guy. I would not be surprised if the guy is gone within first 10 picks of the 2nd round.

Ehhh... him and Jenkins are VERY close in size and Jenkins was highly thought of as a first round talent. Top-5? No, but mid - lower level? Yes. Tyrann is/was as highly praised if not more especially being a Heismann finalist and Bednarik award winner as a Sophomore. The kid can ball and before the "issues" was easily a first round guy. I would not be surprised if the guy is gone within first 10 picks of the 2nd round.

2 different positions they played though, Coverage wise Mathieu cant carry Jenkins jock thats why you see him as a 3rd rounder not just because of some dope and Jenkins was considered by some to be as good if not better then Claiborne, As for 1st round guy prior to off field issues, I have no idea if he would have went in the 1st round if not for his off field issues but I firmly believe there are better Safeties in this draft class then him and that if he is drafted to play Corner it will be for Nickel purposes, He hits ya but he cant cover good.....I also think he lands in New Orleans to compete for the Nickel

2 different positions they played though, Coverage wise Mathieu cant carry Jenkins jock thats why you see him as a 3rd rounder not just because of some dope and Jenkins was considered by some to be as good if not better then Claiborne, As for 1st round guy prior to off field issues, I have no idea if he would have went in the 1st round if not for his off field issues but I firmly believe there are better Safeties in this draft class then him and that if he is drafted to play Corner it will be for Nickel purposes, He hits ya but he cant cover good.....I also think he lands in New Orleans to compete for the Nickel

He played all over, yes most notably he was used as a slot/free safety player but he does have outside experience as well. However, with Peterson and Claiborne being the bigger of the bunch of course it makes sense to move Mathieu inside or as a "roamer" to disguise coverages. No doubt Jenkins was good but he wasn't playing with the secondary talent that Mathieu was. Had he been at LSU, he may have been forced to the same role as Mathieu.

He's like a Badger, without the Honey

Just say no...to the honey badger..... the animal is a nasty * honey badger...see Google for laughs....

I do not even think I would buy the shirt.  Just say Yes to the 16.gif......Jesse Williams! Arms as big as a waist.....Man-star!!!!!

i-love-honey-badger-dark.american-appare

Actually, he wouldn't. Tyrann is a media creation. He was never, ever going to be a top-5 pick. It's likely he would never, ever have been a 1st round pick.

Don't believe me?

Tell me when was the last time a cornerback who was under 5'9" and 185 pounds was a 1st round pick. Probably Darrell Green and that was 30 years ago. Plus his corner skills are not great. They need work.

On the pro level, he's a nickel corner, a slot corner, an inside corner. That's it.

At best, he was a 2nd round pick. Now, he's likely a 3rd round pick. He's talented. But he has limitations, and those limitations cap his value.

Tim Tebow was a first round pick.

Never say never.

I don't know. Thy guy said on NFL Network a couple weeks ago that whatever team drafts him has to have a program in place to "keep him out of harms way". I'm not sure if the staff really wants to have to babysit anybody and would rather have responsible adults on the roster.

Although there is something to be said for veterans that are willing to step up and take this guy under their wing.

So that's why I'm somewhat indecisive.

Personally no I wouldn't want the Colts to draft him unless it was like 6th or 7th round, or if they could bring him in as an UDFA.  I was never all that impressed with him.  He's a dynamic returner but very limited as a CB and small for a FS.

he loves saying never. he is the end all be all too judging things NFL and NCAA football

And soon to be the OFL  (Out of Football League!)    Kind of like the illustrious Replacement Refs? :spit:

wpid-g1348461193526520778.jpg?w=774

Oh Lord I apologize...... :ref:  :ref:  :flag:  :flag:  :flag:  :ref:

His cover skills as a corner are poor.    If you look at high-lights of him on YouTube,  most of them are NOT him making some great play as a cornerback.     It's a punt return.    It's a blocked punt.    It's him blitzing and making a tackle or a hit.

But it's rarely him defending the ball.     Jenkins is bigger (though not a lot)  but he has much, much better corner skills.

College Awards mean nothing to the NFL.    Media creation.     There were no websites that can be taken seriously that had Tyrann as a 1st round pick.    NFL people were skeptical of him before his 'issues' surfaced.    

This is not the first time this conversation has been had here....    It's jus the first time you've had it here.  

Not trying to give you a hard time or bust your chops....   but Mathieu has never been a serious 1st round candidate.

Tim Tebow was a first round pick.

Never say never.

Point taken.    I learn my own lesson the hard way!     :thmup:   

I'll amend that remark.     He was never going to be a 1st round pick by 31 of the 32 teams!   Of course, as we all learned,  it only takes one team to change that....

And how did that whole Tebow thing work out anyway?     Whatever happened to him?!?      :thinking: