Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

reed or pollard

CR91

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying this because we didn't get these guys, but neither are feared as much as they used to be. Ravens fans were mostly glad Reed left, his play was diminishing.

Pollard is more of a headache for his team then the opposition. He's still a good player but you know he's being watched closely by the officials. Not to mention that any team with Williams on the staff better play very clean ball.

I'd worry more about Reed, honestly.  While his skills are diminishing, he does have great ball skills and has a nack for knowing where to be.

Pollard could put a lick on him I suppose, but I doubt he runs around that much.  I suppose Pollard could whop one of our receivers, but I suspect Luck will improve this year and keep his guys out of any major vulnerable situations.

Pollard covers about like Bethea. Below average.

Reed gets his Interceptions and and again last season put up sic passes defended numbers. 16 last year. A FREAK!
And he will help Coach up and hold together the defensive backfield.
His Leadership and the knowledge he will share will make the whole defense better.

Ed Reed, reasons being is he is a safety that has range and a ball hawk. i dont see Luck taking off from the pocket that often this year so Pollard wont cause him that much problems unless he runs. Pollard is a box safety  that doesn't have as much range as Reed. so safe to say Luck should be very weary of Ed Reed before he passes it.  

Reed could really help out the texans defense. Was really hoping we could get him with Landry. That would have been nice. Even though he may have lost a step. He was already a lap ahead of everyone else. So whoopty do.

I like that analogy.

I like that analogy.

Yeah, there once was this old safety who lost his step. He went to the patriots and became a major thorn in our behinds for years. Rodney fricken Harrison. To be honest, I'd would have rather Reed went to the pats than facing him twice a year. At least we have Landry to trade punches with you guys ;)

Yeah, there once was this old safety who lost his step. He went to the patriots and became a major thorn in our behinds for years. Rodney fricken Harrison. To be honest, I'd would have rather Reed went to the pats than facing him twice a year. At least we have Landry to trade punches with you guys ;)

Battle Royale lol

Harrison was five years younger than reed when he signed with the patriots

this will be reeds last year.. he has been talking retirement for two or three years.

Well that explains why he signed a three-year deal with us. Favre thought about retirement too, actually went into retirement, and we see how that turned out lol. Guy has plenty of gas left in the tank.

Well that explains why he signed a three-year deal with us. Favre thought about retirement too, actually went into retirement, and we see how that turned out lol.

its a little easier to play qb at 38 than safety. I'm glad the Texans got him. i was worried the colts were going to.

its a little easier to play qb at 38 than safety. I'm glad the Texans got him. i was worried the colts were going to.

Oh, I didn't know you were such a professional. How many years did you play both in the NFL? And I thought you were younger than 38 J. By the way, I'm glad we got him too; The best safety in the game as opposed to a guy too big and slow to be playing at the spot and can't cover to save his life. Kind of like a Bernard Pollard, except unecessarily bigger.

Oh, I didn't know you were such a professional. How many years did you play both in the NFL? And I thought you were younger than 38 J. By the way, I'm glad we got him too; The best safety in the game as opposed to a guy too big and slow to be playing at the spot and can't cover to save his life. Kind of like a Bernard Pollard, except unecessarily bigger.

you got him right in his prime too... congrats. he looks like Django these days

No he's not. This isn't 2006.

EDIT: And Landry runs a 4.35. Hardly slow.

you got him right in his prime too... congrats. he looks like Django these days

Okay Deion, very clever. Prime or not still a great player. All looks aside...the Fivehead up in Denver is still doing well enough for his age too. ;)

No he's not. This isn't 2006.

EDIT: And Landry runs a 4.35. Hardly slow.

I honestly can't name many guys I would take over Reed. Sure there's Earl Thomas, Jairus Byrd but this guy has the experience and instinct like no other.

Okay Deion, very clever. Prime or not still a great player. All looks aside...the Fivehead up in Denver is still doing well enough for his age too. ;)

again, qb and safety are very different positions.... and for the record, Peyton always had reeds number when he played here

again, qb and safety are very different positions.... and for the record, Peyton always had reeds number when he played here

Well now it's time for Reed to return the favor to the next Indianapolis QB. Not everyone can be Ty Law. ;)