Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

reed or pollard

CR91

I'm just bringing ammunition to a gun fight. Yes we are really talking about this.

I'd say you're bring a gun to a knife fight, more specifically.  Why don't we compare Ballard to Foster.  Why not compare Hilton to Johnson?

I'll tell you why... because each of them has just now entered the NFL, and are not yet seasoned players.  There is no point to it.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reed>>>>>Landry. I can't believe this is even an argument. Only with you guys though....

If this was ed reed at 28 no argument, but it's not. Its a good signing for you guys it improves a secondary that got burned by t.y twice haha couldn't help it, but Landry gives our bob sanders back and helps bethea get back to playing coverage instead of having to stay in the box

lmao the opportunity is there this year too. We and Ed Reed will be waving at PM 2.0 as we win a Super Bowl soon. Colts taking the South? Now that's hilarious. But I'm sure little old Toler is going to cover Andre Johnson and the next big receiver(s) we get pretty well.

How exactly is it hilarious that a team that went 11-5 would take their division?  Can you explain that one to me?

We got rid of the guy that was riding on his coattails.  That guy was Polian.

We had many good seasons under Manning, but our team was not as good as it ever seemed.  Everyone skated by on the successes of Manning.  He simply had too much to do in the playoff games that it became nearly impossible.  And the one postseason our defense showed up, we won the SB.

SB wins and playoff wins are a team thing.  If your team isn't built well, it won't last long in the post season.

Manning had the number two defense this past season and they still came up short. I'm starting to see a common denominator here.

I'd say you're bring a gun to a knife fight, more specifically.  Why don't we compare Ballard to Foster.  Why not compare Hilton to Johnson?

I'll tell you why... because each of them has just now entered the NFL, and are not yet seasoned players.  There is no point to it.

And Arian and Andre are considered two of the best players at their positions...have been for years now. I would go after Manning but he got dropkicked to Denver and your starter is 12 now, so I will have to use him in this silly arguments.

lmao the opportunity is there this year too. We and Ed Reed will be waving at PM 2.0 as we win a Super Bowl soon. Colts taking the South? Now that's hilarious. But I'm sure little old Toler is going to cover Andre Johnson and the next big receiver(s) we get pretty well.

Ah, Qwiz it's all in good fun. I know you still believe in your boys, but that belief will soon turn to disappointment come next season. :thmup:

How exactly is it hilarious that a team that went 11-5 would take their division?  Can you explain that one to me?

So you're telling me you guys deserved to be 11-5? Luck only lasts so long. Plus in my opinion and in many other people's opinion the Texans are still the superior team. I expect us to go undefeated within the division this year, and no I am not trying to pick a fight. This is what I truly believe. As of right now anyway, pre-Draft...

Ah, Quiz it's all in good fun. I know you still believe in your boys, but that belief will soon turn to disappointment come next season. :thmup:

Well I guess we will have to wait and see then. May the best team win the South. :)

If this was ed reed at 28 no argument, but it's not. Its a good signing for you guys it improves a secondary that got burned by t.y twice haha couldn't help it, but Landry gives our bob sanders back and helps bethea get back to playing coverage instead of having to stay in the box

Are you really comparing Landry to Bob Sanders my friend? Well I guess we'll figure out next season. :goodluck:

So you're telling me you guys deserved to be 11-5? Luck only lasts so long. Plus in my opinion and in many other people's opinion the Texans are still the superior team. I expect us to go undefeated within the division this year, and no I am not trying to pick a fight. This is what I truly believe. As of right now anyway, pre-Draft...

Going undefeated in the division would require you to win in LOS. Which we both know won't happen.

Going undefeated in the division would require you to win in LOS. Which we both know won't happen.

Well it is the 13 season, maybe bad luck can be reversed this year lol. If not, then 5-1 in division play. Not particularly frightened of the Titans or Jaguars.

vontae Davis took andres lunch money week 17 incase you forgot

Deserved?  Well, I guess so.  I mean, we scored more points than our opponents 11 times that season.

As for Houston going undefeated, I don't see it.  You lost some starters (Barwin and Quinn), and added an older Ed Reed.  I don't see that as a block buster off season.

You're pinning your hopes on some receiver you don't even have yet.  And you've had years of knowing that Johnson was your only threat, and you still haven't found anyone better than Walter.

I'm sorry, but there simply isn't a part of your team that screams powerhouse.  At least the Indy days of the past they could pin their hopes on 18, 32, 88, 87, 44, 93, 98, 41, 21, etc.  Your team seems to be Schaub, Arians, Johnson, and Watt.

I dunno, your best shot was the year the Colts were starting Painter.  And whats funny?  In 2011, with Curtis Painter our starting QB, on December 22nd, the 1-14 Colts beat the Texans.  You couldn't beat us in Lucas with CURTIS FREAKING PAINTER starting at QB.  I'm done with this conversation, you clearly are just trying to stir up stuff that really doesn't make a lick of sense.

Didn't Andre catch a buck eighty in week 17? I'll have to look it up when I get out of class. He had a TD as well I think.

Both week 15 and week 17, Johnson posted favorable stats.  To the Davis (from the Colts poster) comment, all I can say is Davis was not locked on Johnson all game long.  There was a fair bit of coverage from the other guy in there as well.

Both week 15 and week 17, Johnson posted favorable stats. To the Davis (from the Colts poster) comment, all I can say is Davis was not locked on Johnson all game long. There was a fair bit of coverage from the other guy in there as well.

Davis had two picks, both of which were intended for Johnson

I just don't see the Texans winning the division again anytime soon unless the Colts have serious injury issue's including Luck. I think the Texans are actually a worse team than last yr. at this particular point in time. They do have Foster, Johnson, and most importantly Watt who is a beast, but other than that they aren't a scary team at all IMO. 

y'all had two years to win the division by default..highly doubt its this year. Just get over the fact that you guys didn't capitalize theses past two years. The best teams the franchise has had wins division but still can't win in Indy or make it to the super lol. Honestly luck is not y'all should worry about, need to find a way to cover TY an aging Ed reed can't do it.

I just don't see the Texans winning the division again anytime soon unless the Colts have serious injury issue's including Luck. I think the Texans are actually a worse team than last yr. at this particular point in time. They do have Foster, Johnson, and most importantly Watt who is a beast, but other than that they aren't a scary team at all IMO. 

We added Eric Winston, Ed Reed, Brice McCain among others. We are worse how? Barwin was good but now he's gone, other than that I don't see how anyone can say we are worse. I still expect us to win the division again this year. We are simply a better team, at like every position lol. Better teams win the division, no ifs ands or buts. You guys can compete with the Titans though.

y'all had two years to win the division by default..highly doubt its this year. Just get over the fact that you guys didn't capitalize theses past two years. The best teams the franchise has had wins division but still can't win in Indy or make it to the super lol. Honestly luck is not y'all should worry about, need to find a way to cover TY an aging Ed reed can't do it.

Yeah, because T.Y. is going to win games all on his own just like Peyt Peyt did. And when you guys lose, I guess it'll be everyone else's fault too. Pssh, by default? We have a stranglehold on the division, still do. 12 better watch out...the guy he fears the most is going to be watching his every move, which is really a bad thing because 12 can do some really predictable and at times utterly horrible things with the ball sometimes.

We added Eric Winston, Ed Reed, Brice McCain among others. We are worse how? Barwin was good but now he's gone, other than that I don't see how anyone can say we are worse. I still expect us to win the division again this year. We are simply a better team, at like every position lol. Better teams win the division, no ifs ands or buts. You guys can compete with the Titans though.

Like you said, we'll see, but I think we easily take it back this yr.. BTW, I can tell you 1 position for a fact you guys aren't better at and it just so happens to be the most important position in football. cough cough...QB cough cough. :thmup:

if the Texans are far superior, why do they always lose in Indy

Like you said, we'll see, but I think we easily take it back this yr.. BTW, I can tell you 1 position for a fact you guys aren't better at and it just so happens to be the most important position in football. cough cough...QB cough cough. :thmup:

Experience and having a great running game can work miracles for any QB. ;) 12 however is going to have to change offenses in just his second year...He should ask Bradford and Smith how well that works out. Wrong step to take with your young guy.

texansweb17-1-web.jpg

You see that Colt in the background looking clueless? Expect more of that this year.

We'll see how Schaub does when he doesn't have Cassius Vaughn to pick on all the time. Of course that would require he doesn't break something before we play. 

Experience and having a great running game can work miracles for any QB. ;) 12 however is going to have to change offenses in just his second year...He should ask Bradford and Smith how well that works out. Wrong step to take with your young guy.

he has more experience in this offense than the one he played in last year.. try to keep up

he is still more successful than any player in Houston oiler/Texan history

It's cool. Soon at least 53 Texans will be able to say that they are more successful than he is when they get a ring too. Brady owns both of our QBs though so this discussion is useless lol.

Experience and having a great running game can work miracles for any QB. ;) 12 however is going to have to change offenses in just his second year...He should ask Bradford and Smith how well that works out. Wrong step to take with your young guy.

Yeah, and that offense just happens to be the one he's 2 yrs. removed from playing for 4 straight yrs. and dominated in. I don't think it will be a big deal.

if the Texans are far superior, why do they always lose in Indy

The same reason the Patriots lost to the Cardinals, or the Packers lost to you guys as well. Sometimes there are just bad games. There's some strange phenomena that prevents our players from winning in your town though, I have no idea what it is lol.