Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

reed or pollard

CR91

No he's not. This isn't 2006.

EDIT: And Landry runs a 4.35. Hardly slow.

Exactly. Landry slow... :funny: . Ok. Somebody is really trying to justify this terrible contract they gave Reed. 3 yr. 15 million dollar contract for a 35 yr. old that has been slowing down for a couple of yrs.. I'm glad the Colts didn't fall into that trap. I think the only people excited about Reed still are Texans fans right now. Virtually every article I've seen on this, says big mistake.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Landry slow... :funny: . Ok. Somebody is really trying to justify this terrible contract they gave Reed. 3 yr. 15 million dollar contract for a 35 yr. old that has been slowing down for a couple of yrs.. I'm glad the Colts didn't fall into that trap. I think the only people excited about Reed still are Texans fans right now. Virtually every article I've seen on this, says big mistake.

Gee golly, I SURE wish we would have gotten Erik Walden (who's that guy again?) or Hasselbeck and paid both of them big time money! Now those are real go-getters!!! Especially Hasselbeck, sitting on that bench making 4 mill a year! And Toller and what's his face are pretty good players too! Oh if we had gotten those guys we could beat those pesky Colts and win the South for once...

Oh wait.

Gee golly, I SURE wish we would have gotten Erik Walden (who's that guy again?) or Hasselbeck and paid both of them big time money! Now those are real go-getters!!! Especially Hasselbeck, sitting on that bench making 4 mill a year! And Toller and what's his face are pretty good players too! Oh if we had gotten those guys we could beat those pesky Colts and win the South for once...

Oh wait.

Matt Schaub

/thread

Oh wait.

A little pricey, sure. But it's free agency. I will go on record saying that despite losing a couple steps, Reed will definitely help that Texans D backfield. With that being said, I wouldn't underestimate the acquisitions that the Colt's made. I believe we made upgrades at at least 6 positions. Our D should be much improved. I'm really looking forward to those Colts Texans match-ups!

Oh wait.

At least Walden isn't ancient and on the downside of his career. Plus Walden's contract is easily dumpable if he sucks and the Colts are out basically nothing, just like the rest of the contracts they handed out. Walden has a future ahead of him. Toler was rated well above the rest of the CB's on the market this yr. and once again he has a future. Reeds future, has a rocking chair and flannel blanket in it.

A little pricey, sure. But it's free agency. I will go on record saying that despite losing a couple steps, Reed will definitely help that Texans D backfield. With that being said, I wouldn't underestimate the acquisitions that the Colt's made. I believe we made upgrades at at least 6 positions. Our D should be much improved. I'm really looking forward to those Colts Texans match-ups!

As am I my friend. Things should get pretty interesting around here leading up to the game. I'm not gonna stick around for the pre-Bronco-Colt game though. Now that's just going to get ugly lol.

At least Walden isn't ancient and on the downside of his career. Plus Walden's contract is easily dumpable if he sucks and the Colts are out basically nothing, just like the rest of the contracts they handed out. Walden has a future ahead of him. Toler was rated well above the rest of the CB's on the market this yr. and once again he has a future. Reeds future, has a rocking chair and flannel blanket in it.

You mean Toler is rated above the other CBs on the Colts roster...except for Vontae Davis. And I'm sure people would still take Brady or Ray Lewis in a wheelchair over Brandon Weeden or Xavier Adibi young. Just my take on everything.

And it only took him 8 years.

Took the guy you guys think is the best QB of all time to win a ring even longer. If we line up the time tables correctly and compare the two then I think Schaub should be getting a ring this season...

Took the guy you guys think is the best QB of all time to win a ring even longer. If we line up the time tables correctly and compare the two then I think Schaub should be getting a ring this season...

Peyton won a ring in his 8th year.

the Texans will never win the super bowl with schaub under center.

the Texans will never win the super bowl with schaub under center.

Never say never. We were one botched play away from the AFC Championship Game with Yates under center and with a ton of injuries, so I don't think it's too far a reach to assume that we can make the big one (and win it) with Schaub.

You mean Toler is rated above the other CBs on the Colts roster...except for Vontae Davis. And I'm sure people would still take Brady or Ray Lewis in a wheelchair over Brandon Weeden or Xavier Adibi young. Just my take on everything.

No Toler was rated above all the other FA corners on the market this yr.. Somebody posted it here while back and I can't find it, but Toler was rated the 7th highest CB last yr.. All I'm saying about Reed is that he was the best FS in the game, that time has obviously passed and there is no sense in hanging onto the past. The Texans overpaid bigtime for a well past his prime player. Hey though, I would be trying to rationalize it too if the Colts had done that. It's what most fans do.

No Toler was rated above all the other FA corners on the market this yr.. Somebody posted it here while back and I can't find it, but Toler was rated the 7th highest CB last yr.. All I'm saying about Reed is that he was the best FS in the game, that time has obviously passed and there is no sense in hanging onto the past. The Texans overpaid bigtime for a well past his prime player. Hey though, I would be trying to rationalize it too if the Colts had done that. It's what most fans do.

You guys try and rationalize everything...it's what you do best, along with excuses. But it's okay. As long as Reed is that crucial piece in helping us get a ring or two I don't mind how much money he's making in the present situation.

You guys try and rationalize everything...it's what you do best, along with excuses. But it's okay. As long as Reed is that crucial piece in helping us get a ring or two I don't mind how much money he's making in the present situation.

Too bad the Texans didn't take advantage when they had their best best. That time is gone though.

Never say never. We were one botched play away from the AFC Championship Game with Yates under center and with a ton of injuries, so I don't think it's too far a reach to assume that we can make the big one (and win it) with Schaub.

you would have a better chance with Yates under center

Alright, you're just being ridiculous here.

It took your guy 8 seasons to win a playoff game.  It took our guy 9 seasons to win a Super Bowl.  Where is the comparison again?  If I can believe this (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_did_Peyton_Manning_win_his_first_playoff_game), peyton won his first playoff game in his 6th season.  Can we at least compare apples to apples?

And speaking of apples, lets not try to suggest that your guy "should" win his first this year.  That's just misguided, honestly.  There are several teams in each division that have a legitimate shot this year.  Oh, and the Colts are one of them with a 2nd year QB following an 11-5 season and some upgrades in the off-season.

Peyton is a superior player to Schaub in every aspect, even now.

And further, at post #45, you're comparing a seasoned veteran's accomplishments to our rookie?  Are you kidding me man?  Yeah, our young guy can one day be a really good one, but to compare him against someone that has been in the league for 8 years is ludicrous.  Why don't we just ditch him now since he isn't as good as Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers.  It's over throw in the towel!!!

I can't even begin to fathom what you're arguing with anyone in this thread about.  It's beyond laughable.

Alright, you're just being ridiculous here.

It took your guy 8 seasons to win a playoff game.  It took our guy 9 seasons to win a Super Bowl.  Where is the comparison again?  If I can believe this (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_did_Peyton_Manning_win_his_first_playoff_game), peyton won his first playoff game in his 6th season.  Can we at least compare apples to apples?

And speaking of apples, lets not try to suggest that your guy "should" win his first this year.  That's just misguided, honestly.  There are several teams in each division that have a legitimate shot this year.  Oh, and the Colts are one of them with a 2nd year QB following an 11-5 season and some upgrades in the off-season.

Peyton is a superior player to Schaub in every aspect, even now.

And further, at post #45, you're comparing a seasoned veteran's accomplishments to our rookie?  Are you kidding me man?  Yeah, our young guy can one day be a really good one, but to compare him against someone that has been in the league for 8 years is ludicrous.  Why don't we just ditch him now since he isn't as good as Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers.  It's over throw in the towel!!!

I can't even begin to fathom what you're arguing with anyone in this thread about.  It's beyond laughable.

I didn't start this. One of your buddies did, they always do. And since when are playoff wins the ultimate measuring stick for a QB? Schaub wins the Super Bowl this year and he and Manning are even. No crap Manning is better than Schaub, but Brady is better than Manning. Manning is not the best in the game, in regards to his craft or his hardware. You should ditch him...those mistakes he was making and getting excuses for are quite startling.

He just finished his first season.  Can we really be talking about this already?  What the heck man?

When your team has been owned for 11 straight yrs. and missed out on their 2 best opportunities to win a SB, you have to start grasping at every straw you can find. Now the Colts will be back on top of the AFC South and the Texans will be back home crying and giving Ed Reed his geriatric treatments. It has to be disheartening when you think about it.

I didn't start this. One of your buddies did, they always do. And since when are playoff wins the ultimate measuring stick for a QB? Schaub wins one this year and he and Manning are even. No crap Manning is better than Schaub, but Brady is better than Manning. Manning is not the best in the game, in regards to his craft or his hardware. You should ditch him...those mistakes he was making and getting excuses for are quite startling.

We got rid of the guy that was riding on his coattails.  That guy was Polian.

We had many good seasons under Manning, but our team was not as good as it ever seemed.  Everyone skated by on the successes of Manning.  He simply had too much to do in the playoff games that it became nearly impossible.  And the one postseason our defense showed up, we won the SB.

SB wins and playoff wins are a team thing.  If your team isn't built well, it won't last long in the post season.

When your team has been owned for 11 straight yrs. and missed out on their 2 best opportunities to win a SB, you have to start grasping at every straw you can find. Now the Colts will be back on top of the AFC South and the Texans will be back home crying and giving Ed Reed his geriatric treatments. It has to be disheartening when you think about it.

lmao the opportunity is there this year too. We and Ed Reed will be waving at PM 2.0 as we win a Super Bowl soon. Colts taking the South? Now that's hilarious. But I'm sure little old Toler is going to cover Andre Johnson and the next big receiver(s) we get pretty well.