Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't think Irsay would tweet if we weren't basically agreed in principle with the other team/deal. I would think that its a matter of stamping out the contract verbage. Now...many deals have fallen apart in that stage but he wouldn't jeopardize a deal without it being just formality to finalize it I wouldn't think. I think something will get done...I'm surprised the major media doesn't have any real speculation on this though....I mean they report many times with less info than an official tweet from the Owner...you would think someone close would at least know who we are speaking to...weird.

Tweet from Kravits

Bob Kravitz‏@bkravitz

A source tells me that while the Colts are still in the hunt to grab another wide receiver, nothing is likely to happen tonight

Gonna have to keep waiting this thing out!

Welp, I'm going to sleep tonight. All I needed to hear

Tweet from Kravits

Bob Kravitz‏@bkravitz

A source tells me that while the Colts are still in the hunt to grab another wide receiver, nothing is likely to happen tonight

Gonna have to keep waiting this thing out!

Man, I would have liked to know who we were targeting at the beginning/when he first tweeted.

Meh, got to admit it certainly does have benefits for us, Not sure what the Jags cap situation is like however, Of course I know the trade is a little out there but, thinking outside the box has benefits if it benefits the team and that trade certainly would, we would add another good wr plus be in line for a slew of players to choose from in the draft

I think the unrealistic part is that the Jags would make this lopsided trade.

I wouldn't mind D. Alexander especially cause we wouldn't give up any draft picks..

Yeah I say maybe a guy like him or as other hav alredy mentioned Barden a nice 6'6 target! Keep our draft picks and not chance putting ourselfs in a bind with money. But im just gonna continue to trust Irsay and Grigs.

If no trade happens will this thread extend into the regular season? lol...honestly...I can't imagine mentioning anything without something being close to finalized. To me I really believe its a deal for Cruz because it is going to take time to finalize a deal...any other player already has a contract in hand and it would just be compensation. Cruz deal would have a lot of moving parts....especially if they think the Giants might match.

So I'm kinda lost now, does this mean we've missed on the original target (say Cruz for arguments sake), but still actively want a WR and will have to settle for whatever else we can get (Tebow).

I can understand Cruz/Fitz but I don't think we need to reach for a WR if they are not suitably talented, I'd rather gamble on the draft or a UDFA.