Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

its offical/Ricky Jean Francois Signs Big Deal with Colts (confirmed)(merge)

Tyler Shaw

SWEET

LIL FYI

Nose Tackle / Defensive End
Personal information
Date of birth: November 23, 1986 (age 26) Place of birthMiamiFlorida Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) Weight: 295 lb (134 kg)
Career information
High schoolMiami (FL) Carol City CollegeLouisiana State NFL Draft2009 / Round: 7 / Pick: 244 Debuted in 2009 for the San Francisco 49ers
Career history
Roster status: Free Agent
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012
Tackles 49 Sacks 3.0 Forced fumbles 1 Stats at NFL.com

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean the guy is a pure run stopper, and has only 5 games (starting) under his belt.

I understand he gets a good amount of playing time, but still, I think 5.5 a year is too much for a guy like this. 

Just my opinion. I would have put the cap at 3M for him.

Huh?

Walden is an OLB.

Yes, setting the edge was what they talked about. But there are 2 ILBs and 2 OLBs in a 3-4. If Jerry Hughes shows us more from the OLB position, I dont see why we wont move Walden inside like a Lawrence Timmons for the Steelers to go with Freeman, especially if Angerer and Conner dont fit and are let go.

He is one of San Frans biggest up and comers. I am thrilled with the signing. First things first, anyone who thinks that he is not a day 1 sure-fire starter is crazy. He and Redding will be locking down the DE position without question. I'm pretty excited. Our D is really starting to look intimidating. I'll admit that many of these guys have something to prove; however, the overall talent level is heads and shoulders above where we were last year. 

Redding ----- Chapman ----- Jean-Francois

Walden ----- Freeman ----- Angerer ----- Mathis

V. Davis ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- G. Toler

Landry ------------------------------ Bethea

I'm sorry, but I can't help but get excited over the new look D. BUILD THE MONSTER!!!!!

He is one of San Frans biggest up and comers. I am thrilled with the signing. First things first, anyone who thinks that he is not a day 1 sure-fire starter is crazy. He and Redding will be locking down the DE position without question. I'm pretty excited. Our D is really starting to look intimidating. I'll admit that many of these guys have something to prove; however, the overall talent level is heads and shoulders above where we were last year. 

V. Davis ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- G. Toler

Landry ------------------------------ V. Davis

I'm sorry, but I can't help but get excited over the new look D. BUILD THE MONSTER!!!!!

out of likes!!

I'm not knocking the guy.

I didn't say you were.

I think he has the potential to help this defense out.

He'll obviously help this defense out. We did not have adequate talent at either DE or DT. He can play both. OBVIOUS upgrade.

Was it really worth giving a contract that puts in the top 8 for biggest on the team? I don't think so.

Grigson, Pagano & Manusky do.

We're not even sure if he's starting.

Oh hush.

I mean the guy is a pure run stopper, and has only 5 games (starting) under his belt.

I understand he gets a good amount of playing time, but still, I think 5.5 a year is too much for a guy like this. 

Just my opinion. I would have put the cap at 3M for him.

if the market say a guy is worth 5m and u want to pay 3m what do u think he gonna do , sign for 3m

It's barely over 5 mil for crying out loud. This forum is getting comical with the feeding frenzy of whiny complaintents. One person says something bad and here come the sharks. This is a good signing and will help our D. I can't wait till next season when all these guys pan out and all the whiners are here acting like they knew it all along. Good grief!!!

Well put......they whine if you do and whine if you don't.  This is another Team player with a huge upside that will be shown this year along with the other signings. Meanwhile several of the big names that went elsewhere will flop.  Grigson knows what he is doing, and we haven't even got to the draft yet.  We are BUILDING THE MONSTER for sure!

Good solid signing....Grigs is going to be known for an uncanny ability to get 2nd/3rd tier to rise above and play solid football.

He will also be the envy of the league because draft day is now Straight up BPA! Great Job IMO by the Colts....are we done? I think one or two more surprises on the way!!! :colts: :colts: :colts:

Landry ------------------------------ V. Davis

unless vonte can play to spots at once beatha lol

Our starting defense next year is pretty set.

Safeties: FS Bethea, SS Landry

CBs: Davis, Toler

LBers: ROLB Mathis, ILB Freeman, ILB Angerer, LOLB Walden

DL: DE Redding, NT Chapman/McKinney, DE Jean-Francois

Only problem with the above I see is a lack of pass rush... Mathis is our only true passrusher.

I'm curious to see how much cap space the Colts have left. Probably in the mid to late teens now. 

Hopefully this is the last relatively big signing for the Colts. They need to save some money now. 

All depends on cap hits for the recent signings. If you use the contract averages though we have around $10M give or take a few grand.

DL: DE Redding, NT Chapman/McKinney/AJ, DE Jean-Francois

Only problem with the above I see is a lack of pass rush... Mathis is our only true passrusher.

AJ will still be part of the NT rotation, he is more durable than Chapman or McKinney, IMO.

so why irsay said he gonna be lolb to set edge

They haven't had a single OTA or practice yet.  At this point in time that is most likely the plan.  Doesn't mean things can't change as they go through training camp and preseason.  Plus, Irsay isn't going to be the one setting the depth chart. ;)

DL: DE Redding, NT Chapman/McKinney, DE Jean-Francois

Luckily I still expect the NFL to hold the draft!!!

if the market say a guy is worth 5m and u want to pay 3m what do u think he gonna do , sign for 3m

My point in that 3M dollar comment was that I'm just saying that was my cap for him. I didn't think it was worth paying more for him.

This was a case of the market value taking over. I hope he has a good impact. If he can improve his pass rushing ability, and have become a full-time starter, then it's worth the signing.

Anything short is really a disapointment. They clearly are putting a lot of faith in him. 

I didn't say you were.

He'll obviously help this defense out. We did not have adequate talent at either DE or DT. He can play both. OBVIOUS upgrade.

Grigson, Pagano & Manusky do.

Oh hush.

Well you don't know if he'll help out this defense. I do think it's good he can play NT and DE. 

Like I said, we don't know if he'll be a starter. He's only started 5 games in his career, and has never really gotten a starter load in his career. 

What also baffles me a bit in this deal is that he's getting an average of 2M more a year than Cory Redding. He hasn't played for the Colts yet, but can we honestly say he's worth 2M more than Redding, who came to the Colts more proven and better than RJF. 

My point in that 3M dollar comment was that I'm just saying that was my cap for him. I didn't think it was worth paying more for him.

This was a case of the market value taking over. I hope he has a good impact. If he can improve his pass rushing ability, and have become a full-time starter, then it's worth the signing.

Anything short is really a disapointment. They clearly are putting a lot of faith in him. 

3m? The colts paid joe addai more than that when he was 30 and injury prone