Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Add another Guard

TheJACKCOLT

The Colts still need to add another guard. I don't ever want to see Mcgynn or Olsen step on the field as Colts ever again, these two could be the worst pair of guards in the history of the NFL. I'm ok with Reitz, but he doesn't seem to be able to stay healthy. Ijalana is a long shot to even come back, much less start. I'm ok with Linkenbach in a pinch, but not as a starter. There are still some decent players available,that can be had at a decent price. I felt going into the offseason that we had to at least bring in a OT and two OG's. I love the signing of Cherilus and Thomas, Cherilus is a very underated, under appreciated Tackle, he played at a pro bowl level last season, he just didn't get credit for it. Thomas has played at a high level every time he has been called upon, this O-line got much better Tuesday. One more guard and I will feel good about this O-line going into the draft. Lets hope Grigson plans on signing another guard, I have a feeling he will.    "GO COLTS"

I suppose a guy like Slausen or even Legursky would be serviceable.  I don't really see any long-term answers on the market right now, and I actually do like Reitz on the left side (and I'm still holding out hope for Ijalana), but bringing in another guy is worth looking into.

I suppose a guy like Slausen or even Legursky would be serviceable.  I don't really see any long-term answers on the market right now, and I actually do like Reitz on the left side (and I'm still holding out hope for Ijalana), but bringing in another guy is worth looking into.

Reitz is the whole reason people are saying Castaonzo sucks... He had to compensate for Reitz's mistakes and not being where he was supposed to be.  I'd be a fan of getting Moore and having him start this year giving Ijalan another year to heal/coaching up a guy we draft later in the draft.  Patterson won't be there though to whoever said pick him up.

I agree with all of the above post. We are in a must have state.Reitz,Mcglynn,and Satele are flat terrible. Between the televise our play satele and reitz that leaves a big hole for the Watts of the world to Crush poor andrew. We are in DIRE need for 1 more real guard.  I hope Barret Jones is around in the 3rd so we can shed ourselves of the head bobber.Heck Luck always was complimentary of shipley when he started. But,that apparently fell on deaf ears.

I think they have Reitz penciled in as a starter, or at least they're going to let him and Linkenbach compete for it. McGlynn is a reserve. Olsen isn't under contract. Ijalana might still be in the mix at guard. There might be some options in the draft as well.

But adding Thomas and Cherilus makes the line much better than it was last year. Hopefully playing time and cohesion, along with balanced play calling, is able to do the rest.

I think they have Reitz penciled in as a starter, or at least they're going to let him and Linkenbach compete for it. McGlynn is a reserve. Olsen isn't under contract. Ijalana might still be in the mix at guard. There might be some options in the draft as well.

But adding Thomas and Cherilus makes the line much better than it was last year. Hopefully playing time and cohesion, along with balanced play calling, is able to do the rest.

Was Likenbach resigned ?

Still enough cap, and guards out there. Won't be shoked if we bring one in.

I agree..  There are still a number of OG's available.  Not of the popularity or "name-value" of Levitre or Vasquez but a number of quality players.

I would certainly like to see another guard.  It would be nice to be able to see Luck actually throw from a clean pocket once in a while.  

It makes me wonder what he will do when he's not running away from defenders on every play.  He might get bored.  

I would sacrifice my left nut to get Schwartz as our RG. I honestly can't understand why we'd be content with McGlynn/Reitz when we could get one of the best mauling guards in the league at a cheap contract. 

haha Easy there Peytonator. I hope you didn't start there as a strip poker free agency negotiation tactic my friend. Start small like a baseball card collection, a Peyton Manning autographed football, your sister's car,...Discarding with vital, & I do mean vital body parts is never a good idea buddy. I do admire the team devotion though.  lmao  :thmup: 

I would sacrifice my left nut to get Schwartz as our RG.  I honestly can't understand why we'd be content with McGlynn/Reitz when we could get one of the best mauling guards in the league at a cheap contract. 

I also would like another guard,  either by modest FA signing, or through the draft.

That said,  I'm not nearly as brave as my friend, The Peytonator.   I'm still quite fond of my left nut.   And I'm equally fond of the right one too.   They're a matching set!   And I intend to keep them,  one more guard or not!

That my story,  and I'm sticking to it!!   :funny:      :lol: