Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders release Huff and Heyward-Bey [Merge]

MTC

This. not sure why They cut these guys and kept Palmer.

They are in cap Hades. DHB was set to make $8/m this year. In their defense he isn't worth that. I have no idea why they cut Huff, that guy is very good. Palmer will be cut and playing in Arizona very soon.

He's just been released by the Raiders. He has never been overly productive, and should never have been taken ahead of Crabtree in the '09 draft (but speed is the Oakland way).

To be honest, I think there will be substantial competition for him, given that he and Jennings are the only genuine outside receivers of merit left. He is however much bigger and as fast as Avery, and may benefit from getting out of the career-destroying environment of Oakland.

I must say as a disclaimer.... at no point up until an hour ago did I think we would go after a WR, but the way we have went about FA thus far leads me to believe that we may well be chasing a relatively big name once the smoke settles.

I agree, he has hands problems, but it's not as if Avery and DHB are level across the board in every other category.

Also, I am not saying I would be delighted about this pickup either, but I am sure the same topic is going up on around 10 other NFL team boards, he's an intriguing player.

I must reiterate... the way we have went about free agency thus far (providing we do not get Avril), I really see us going after Jennings (or perhaps this guy).

Just the opinions of an uninformed fan.

He got concussed late in the year last year. Anyone know if he has had an issue with that? It looked pretty bad. He definately hasn't lived up to his selection but he is a speedy wr and has shown steady improvement.

He has also never, not even in college, been on a good offense. The more I think about it and read about it, the more I think I would like this pick-up.

Not many players in the league can boast his measurables, and when you watch him on film, it's clear there is genuine ball talent there.

He has also never, not even in college, been on a good offense. The more I think about it and read about it, the more I think I would like this pick-up.

Not many players in the league can boast his measurables, and when you watch him on film, it's clear there is genuine ball talent there.

Heyward Bey is a slightly better Donnie Avery. He's a bit more athletic, and has better football instincts, but that's it.

If he wants to take a lowball offer, than it's worth it, but he's not worth more than 2M. 

He played with a good quarterback this year with Carson Palmer, who had over 4000 yards. The Raiders offense wasn't that horrible this year. 

Heyward Bey is a slightly better Donnie Avery. He's a bit more athletic, and has better football instincts, but that's it.

If he wants to take a lowball offer, than it's worth it, but he's not worth more than 2M. 

He played with a good quarterback this year with Carson Palmer, who had over 4000 yards. The Raiders offense wasn't that horrible this year.

He's a lot bigger, stronger, equally as fast...

I realize he isn't a surefire player that will guarantee you 1000 yards but he has huge upside and playing on a team that would be paying a lot of attention to Reggie Wayne and the TEs. He has never been in that environment before.

I am not usually the type to promote risky players that haven't produced, but DHB hasn't had bad production, and I think he would succeed here.

P.S. I beg to differ regarding Carson Palmer being a good QB, I wouldn't place him in the top 20.

He's a lot bigger, stronger, equally as fast...

I realize he isn't a surefire player that will guarantee you 1000 yards but he has huge upside and playing on a team that would be paying a lot of attention to Reggie Wayne and the TEs. He has never been in that environment before.

I am not usually the type to promote risky players that haven't produced, but DHB hasn't had bad production, and I think he would succeed here.

P.S. I beg to differ regarding Carson Palmer being a good QB, I wouldn't place him in the top 20.

He'll probably be in the same role as Donnie, and will put up similar numbers. 

His injury history isn't good either. Too risky if you ask me, and I just don't see that much of an upside. Maybe just under a 1000 is his ceiling. 

I put Palmer in my top 20 for QB rankings. He's still productive and he's still got a bit left in the tank. He can occasional get the job done. 

He'll probably be in the same role as Donnie, and will put up similar numbers. 

His injury history isn't good either. Too risky if you ask me, and I just don't see that much of an upside. Maybe just under a 1000 is his ceiling. 

I put Palmer in my top 20 for QB rankings. He's still productive and he's still got a bit left in the tank. He can occasional get the job done. 

We did say the same thing about Donnie last year....at least that is what I was saying. Donnie didn't light it up...but he was solid. I thing Bay would be an upgrade over Donnie.