Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have lost 3 big targets

Andy

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are. They haven't made any noise, and have lost a few of the guys they wanted.

Killed is a strong reaction, but they aren't doing well. 

The only one that disappoints me so far is Vasquez. And if Avril gets $10m+ from us, that will be a different kind of disappointment.

The Colts have made some noise with the Cherilus signing.

I've heard he's going to make somewhere from 3M to 6M a year (average) with this deal. 

Don't know many details, but I'll tell you them when I get them. 

The Colts have made some noise with the Cherilus signing.

I've heard he's going to make somewhere from 3M to 6M a year (average) with this deal. 

Don't know many details, but I'll tell you them when I get them. 

Nothing against Cherilus but clearly RT was really the least of our worries on the O Line 

Nothing against Cherilus but clearly RT was really the least of our worries on the O Line 

Well, Castonzo was solid at LT. I'd argue that was less of a worry.

With Justice most likely gone, RT is a need. 

They are. They haven't made any noise, and have lost a few of the guys they wanted.

Killed is a strong reaction, but they aren't doing well. 

Andy....

For God's sake,   CHILL!!!!!

This is a marathon,  not a sprint.    You don't get any extra credit for signing people first. 

If they sign later today -- it's fine.   If they sign tomorrow,  it's still fine.    If they sign any other day,  it's still fine.

CHILL!      Seriously.

Everyone calm down. Grigson knows what he's doing. Maybe we use Free Agency for defense & use another offensive draft. Let's all just wait & see what happens

calm down eh? ive only been waiting for this day for the past month or so i literally bought madden and put both Vasquez and Kruger on the Colts only to find out that they go and sign elsewhere. we're being so conservative we probly dont have % planned. im getting * just sitting here

calm down eh? ive only been waiting for this day for the past month or so i literally bought madden and put both Vasquez and Kruger on the Colts only to find out that they go and sign elsewhere. we're being so conservative we probly dont have % planned. im getting ticked just sitting here

:lol: sensing a lot of hostility on your end

calm down eh? ive only been waiting for this day for the past month or so i literally bought madden and put both Vasquez and Kruger on the Colts only to find out that they go and sign elsewhere. we're being so conservative we probly dont have % planned. im getting ticked just sitting here

Seriously... We have the cap space, the need... Yet our first signing is a released tackle from a team that couldn't protect their QB. 

Not really news so take it as you want...

Brad Wells (BBS) ‏@StampedeBlue

hmmmmmm... RT @GlobeChadFinn: Bill Polian predicts Talib to the Colts. Think he has any intel?

I had written Talib off as an option. Would obviously love to get him though, at the right price and structure. Still questions about his off the field issues.

Andy....

For God's sake,   CHILL!!!!!

This is a marathon,  not a sprint.    You don't get any extra credit for signing people first. 

If they sign later today -- it's fine.   If they sign tomorrow,  it's still fine.    If they sign any other day,  it's still fine.

CHILL!      Seriously.

see the thing is, is that the players we want are currently signing with other teams. soooo there will be no later today or tomorrow.

Seriously... We have the cap space, the need... Yet our first signing is a released tackle from a team that couldn't protect their QB. 

Cherilous wasn't released.    I don't know why you think he was?    Detroit has salary cap issues.   They've only got so much to spend and lots of needs....   our gain.   Their loss.

Vasquez reportedly signing for 4-years and $23.5 Mill.    Just under $6 Mill per year.

Which tells me Grigson thinks he can find quality guards for much less.

Good luck......   Looking forward to finding out who he has signed....

which guards? would they be 

He's the highest rated right tackle in free agency. He wasn't released; his contract expired. And Cherilus gave up five sacks last season on a team that threw the ball more than any team in NFL history. He's a good addition.

Or would you rather have Winston Justice for another year?

see the thing is, is that the players we want are currently signing with other teams. soooo there will be no later today or tomorrow.

Just because the players you want are signing with other teams doesn't mean the players the front office want are.

Cherilous wasn't released.    I don't know why you think he was?    Detroit has salary cap issues.   They've only got so much to spend and lots of needs....   our gain.   Their loss.

Well they resigned one of their players... and they are targeting another... Not to mention they're looking to sign Reggie Bush (not cap friendly)

He's the highest rated right tackle in free agency. He wasn't released; his contract expired. And Cherilus gave up five sacks last season on a team that threw the ball more than any team in NFL history. He's a good addition.

Or would you rather have Winston Justice for another year?

I'm just saying that if he was that decent, on a line that horrible, wouldn't they have wanted to resign him?

Just because the players you want are signing with other teams doesn't mean the players the front office want are.

so they didnt want Kruger or Vasquez? no theyre just to scared to pull the trigger and spend some money. so now were gonna try to spend top $ on a 4/3 DE...real smart moves so far.

so they didnt want Kruger or Vasquez? no theyre just to scared to pull the trigger and spend some money. so now were gonna try to spend top $ on a 4/3 DE...real smart moves so far.

I'm sure they know a tad more about running an NFL team than you do

I think they wanted vasquez just grigson made a boo boo, letting the broncos get him that cheap was a mess up on grigsons part. 

But he made a boo boo hes a rookie GM hes not gonna be perfect.

I'm just saying that if he was that decent, on a line that horrible, wouldn't they have wanted to resign him?

I mentioned in another thread that I can't co-sign on the "if the team he's coming from didn't want him..." line of reasoning. Every free agent is being allowed to leave; they're not all damaged goods.

There's also the possibility that a) he didn't want to stay, and b) they wanted him but didn't think he was worth the money he was asking for.

All in all, Cherilus is a pretty good tackle, and we needed a tackle, so I don't see the problem with this signing. If you're hoping for guard help, that's a separate topic. Doesn't diminish the addition of Cherilus.

really? ya think? im just going by common sense smart one.

I'm sure they know a tad more about running an NFL team than you do

we need a pass rushing OLB right? we need Oline help right?

Yes, but we can't have pro bowlers at every position. You nor i have any idea what their plan is

I mentioned in another thread that I can't co-sign on the "if the team he's coming from didn't want him..." line of reasoning. Every free agent is being allowed to leave; they're not all damaged goods.

There's also the possibility that a) he didn't want to stay, and b) they wanted him but didn't think he was worth the money he was asking for.

All in all, Cherilus is a pretty good tackle, and we needed a tackle, so I don't see the problem with this signing. If you're hoping for guard help, that's a separate topic. Doesn't diminish the addition of Cherilus.

I won't, based on the fact that the season has not yet played out. But, IMO we should have made a bigger splash than this... It's one of those "who is this guy?" kind of deals, but not the good T.Y. kind...

Yes, but we can't have pro bowlers at every position. You nor i have any idea what their plan is

Kruger is not a probowler for one, hes just a beast pass rusher that we have a huge need for and the $ and we let him go cuz were scared to spend. Vasquez going for 6.5 mil? shoot me in the face now

Kruger is not a probowler for one, hes just a beast pass rusher that we have a huge need for and the $ and we let him go cuz were scared to spend. Vasquez going for 6.5 mil? shoot me in the face now

I'm really glad you are not in the front office