Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Flacco inks new contract with Baltimore Ravens !

The Old Crow

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glazer on twitter is saying it will make him the highest paid QB in NFL history.

If true, he had better be the second coming of Johnny Unitas. It will be interesting to see how the deal is structured. I believe the salary cap may go up next year, so maybe he's getting a bit less this year, and more down the line, but just speculation. I guess Joe will be getting a new house with a moat !  LOL

If true, he had better be the second coming of Johnny Unitas. It will be interesting to see how the deal is structured. I believe the salary cap may go up next year, so maybe he's getting a bit less this year, and more down the line, but just speculation. I guess Joe will be getting a new house with a moat !  LOL

Where is Tony Sullivan? Flacco didn't take 30 percent less like Brady in 2005 and his 3 rings. Surprise, surprise. ha. just kidding...

Where is Tony Sullivan? Flacco didn't take 30 percent less like Brady in 2005 and his 3 rings. Surprise, surprise. ha. just kidding...

Should be interesting to see what the details are. He still has plenty of time to get some rings, but we all know they are hard as heck to get. Joe is a great quarterback, but to me, top 5 money is appropriate, not top money at this point. But anyway, it beats Kyle Boller, Stoney Case, Elvis Gerbac, Tony Banks, Vinny Testaverde, and other horrible quarterbacks the Ravens have had. Knowing Ozzie, it has to be a cap friendly deal or they would have franchised him.

No pro bowls, no 4,000 yard seasons, no season with more than 30 TDs. Stunning. But he hit FA at the right time.

Agreed on the above, plus some scetchy regular season games. Obviously, I'm a big Joe fan, and glad he got paid, but I don't know about the top quarterback thing. Ozzie has to have something up his sleeve, or they would have franchised him. The money has to be deferred out, but guaranteed, as he is still young. I think Joe knows he needs good receivers and offensive linemen around him. I really want Boldin to stay, because he is a heck of a character guy. I also don't want to lose Mr. Dancing with the Stars. He had a great year also, and we need both those guys, plus Ellerbe. Kruger and Williams will be gone, but I would also like to keep Reed and McKinnie. Then it is up to Ozzie in the draft.

No pro bowls, no 4,000 yard seasons, no season with more than 25 TDs. Stunning. But he hit FA at the right time.

He won the Super Bowl at the right time.  He had Ray Lewis retire and motivate the team at the right time.  It is true that he played very well, but he doesn't deserve to be the highest paid

Flacco is going to have to earn his paycheck now and back up his mouth because with this contract, I doubt the Raven will be able to fix their problems.  They better hope they get a good draft because this team is going to have to depend on Flacco throwing 35+ times a game from the 30 and under yard line.  No more good field position from a TO.  He was already shaky during the regular season, imagine what he'll be like now with no Boldin or Jones.

Hey Dustin, where does this put Rodgers in two years? 25mil? :-)

Also, he may want to do a new deal sooner with the Pack.

Depends, if he manages another MVP before his contract runs out he'll likey make about 21-22 million.

Credit to dw49; he called this weeks ago. I still don't think Flacco is worth that much, but came to the realization that he was going to get it.

He probably isn't worth that much but IMO he reached the level just below the top guys .. Manning , Brady and Rodgers. From there when you have to sign him , you set the "new bar." He had all the leverage. If they franchise him he gets the 20-21 mill (2013 exclusive tag + 20%) more in 2014 anyway. When your guy is worth the 2 first round picks , you are pretty much shafted. So you can only franchise him for 1 year , tus it made way more sense to just sign him to a cap friendly deal this year. But now the "bar is higher" for Rodgers.

He probably isn't worth that much but IMO he reached the level just below the top guys .. Manning , Brady and Rodgers. From there when you have to sign him , you set the "new bar." He had all the leverage. If they franchise him he gets the 20-21 mill (2013 exclusive tag + 20%) more in 2014 anyway. When your guy is worth the 2 first round picks , you are pretty much shafted. So you can only franchise him for 1 year , tus it made way more sense to just sign him to a cap friendly deal this year. But now the "bar is higher" for Rodgers.

Once you win a ring you are at the table. Stats go out the window...at least in today's league. Good for Joe.

Reports indicate he'll be the highet paid QB in league history.

come on..

well we'd need to do an inflation scale to see where he really is but still.

If he is consistent I'd give him a solid QB rating.

Highest paid QB in NFL history?  Sure, he has done well, but he doesn't deserve that much.

don't forget inflation so highest paid ever means little.

Lessee..Manning was 120 mil I think..back loaded with a phoney 2 years tail end.100 mil actual. So he's maybe 140-145mil with Flacco inflation;)

It's hard to say it's a bust when the guy has gone to five straight playoff appearances, and won a Super Bowl. Elvis Gerbac was a bust !

I feel Flacco is just riding his team's success. The Ravens have/had a great coaching staff, defense, RB, o-line, WR's, FB... To me, they're the most complete team in the NFL. Have you seem some of Flacco's throws? They're pathetic. The guy enters too many games initially rusty and takes time to warm up. He does just enough to help his team win football games. And don't even get me started on those lucky hail mary passes to Anquin Bolden. That guy makes Flacco look so good, it makes me sick.