Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ware trade

Nobody

I don't need the "this wouldn't happen" comments, I'm personally against this.

Would you accept this trade?

The Dallas Cowboys Trade- OLB DeMarcus Ware, FB Lawrence Vickers

The Indianapolis Colts Trade- 2013 1st round pick (24th overall), 2014 2nd round pick that becomes 1st with 10 sacks (basically guaranteed 1st), 2013 7th round pick, and LB Pat Angerer.

I personally think we can't afford to give up a first in the amazing draft class of 2014, and this leaves us with almost no picks this year.

The Indianapolis Colts Trade- 2013 1st round pick (24th overall), 2014 2nd round pick that becomes 1st with 10 sacks (basically guaranteed 1st), 2013 7th round pick, and LB Pat Angerer.

I personally think we can't afford to give up a first in the amazing draft class of 2014, and this leaves us with almost no picks this year.

Where did you hear this scenario?

No way!     No Freaking way am I ***EVER*** giving up a 7th round draft pick!

You crossed the line my friend!

The first?    Fine.    The 2nd that could become a 1st?    Fine.     But a 7?!?     Are you crazy?!?

It's a world gone mad I tell you!     A world gone MAD!!!!!!

(Sorry,  bad night's sleep.   Still very tired.   I do strange things when I'm tired...)     :hide:       :giveup:

p.s. -- if Ware was a little younger, I'd be tempted.   But I think he's got enough miles on him that I'd be shy giving up two #1's.

with ware being 30 years old, i would not do this. its to much to give up for him. maybe this years 3rd rounder and next years 3rd and possibly 6th or 7th rounder. but not a first or second rounder. would agree with it in a way if he was maybe like 25 years old. 

We are a team that's still building the Monster. In order to do this, we need to add pieces collectively. In this scenario, we are gaining 2 people, Ware and Vicekrs, but we would be giving up:

1. Angerer

2. Our first round pick-2013

3. Our second round pick next year - (possibly another first) 2014

4. Our seventh round pick -2013

We would be giving up far more than what we'd receive in return. We are not just a player away from being great. We need many contributers before we can change our mindset away from "building."

Ok, NO SIGNING OLD PEOPLE! This is a Young Team. If they're over the age of....... let's say 28, we shouldn't get them. Ware is a good player don't get me wrong, but that Arm injury & age? No thanks. I'd take Von Miller though but I doubt Denver is willing to even make that cross their mind

Ok, NO SIGNING OLD PEOPLE! This is a Young Team. If they're over the age of....... let's say 28, we shouldn't get them. Ware is a good player don't get me wrong, but that Arm injury & age? No thanks. I'd take Von Miller though but I doubt Denver is willing to even make that cross their mind

Ok I wouldn't trade for any player over 28 or so but I would NOT put restrictions on signing players over that age as FA's.  If we have a need and aren't able to fill it with a talented young player, then an older vet player could be a stop-gap for a year or 2 until we can get that younger player....such as when we brought in Redding.  No way would I have wanted to pass on having Redding for a few years just because he's over 28. ;)

So Larry Fitzgerald, Haloti Ngata, and MJD wouldn't be worth a 7th round pick?

Ask yourself, would their Organizations agree to a 7th round? 2 of those 3 you named ARE THE ENTIRE OFFENSE for their Teams

You're deflecting from the point though.

You said that we shouldn't get anyone over 28, which means they have no value to you.  Whether or not the other organization would actually do it is irrelevant.

What is relevant is if you'd make the trade for a 7th round pick because if you would, then 1) it means that they do have value to you and 2) it becomes an issue of how much you'd give up, which is exactly the point of this thread.

So we should have let Wayne walk and not signed Cory Redding last year then?

Look if we just load up on young players in about four years we are going to be in the same boat the Ravens are in right now. Having to let all our good young players go who are just coming into their prime to make room for Luck's second contract.  There is nothing wrong with picking up a vet or two who can help you for two to three years and then drafting his replacement in the up coming drafts to help try to avoid being in the same spot the Ravens are in right now. 

The Colts need to pick up the best players who can help them win for the right price which will probably be mostly younger players with some vets sprinkled in here or there. 

So we should have let Wayne walk and not signed Cory Redding last year then?

Look if we just load up on young players in about four years we are going to be in the same boat the Ravens are in right now. Having to let all our good young players go who are just coming into their prime to make room for Luck's second contract. There is nothing wrong with picking up a vet or two who can help you for two to three years and then drafting his replacement in the up coming drafts to help try to avoid being in the same spot the Ravens are in right now.

The Colts need to pick up the best players who can help them win for the right price which will probably be mostly younger players with some vets sprinkled in here or there.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with signing older players in general. But if there is a Younger player available who is equally as good or even better, why sign the older guy? Ware is not someone I'd want. I'd take Anthony Spencer or Paul Kruger (who a lot of people are high on) instead. That just makes more sense to me. Ware had that arm injury. Yes I do think he deserves a better team to play for where he has help, but that arm injury plays a big role in his pass rushing abilities

You're deflecting from the point though.

You said that we shouldn't get anyone over 28, which means they have no value to you. Whether or not the other organization would actually do it is irrelevant.

What is relevant is if you'd make the trade for a 7th round pick because if you would, then 1) it means that they do have value to you and 2) it becomes an issue of how much you'd give up, which is exactly the point of this thread.

They would have value if they were worth it. Redding, Reggie, & Mathis are up there in age but you couldn't tell by watching them this season. All 3 had great years. But Ware is not someone I'd take. 3years ago, there'd be drool over my Androids keypad right now. But sorry, that arm injury definitely scares me

They would have value if they were worth it. Redding, Reggie, & Mathis are up there in age but you couldn't tell by watching them this season. All 3 had great years. But Ware is not someone I'd take. 3years ago, there'd be drool over my Androids keypad right now. But sorry, that arm injury definitely scares me

I wasn't talking just about Ware, I was talking about your blanket statement that you would avoid all 28+ year old players.

I wasn't talking just about Ware, I was talking about your blanket statement that you would avoid all 28+ year old players.

I would, but that's just my opinion. Everyone thinks differently. Some people may go after players over 28, I personally wouldn't. But that's just me

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with signing older players in general. But if there is a Younger player available who is equally as good or even better, why sign the older guy? Ware is not someone I'd want. I'd take Anthony Spencer or Paul Kruger (who a lot of people are high on) instead. That just makes more sense to me. Ware had that arm injury. Yes I do think he deserves a better team to play for where he has help, but that arm injury plays a big role in his pass rushing abilities

Right there.....that's the main reason I wouldn't do that trade.

Spencer and Kruger would cost zero draft picks, and even if we strike out trying to sign them in free agency next month....I'd rather draft an OLB this April than trade for Demarcus Ware at the OP's price.

If we were to do something THAT big with players and draft picks for an insane pass rusher than I'd rather we wait until the 2014 draft and chase Jadavean Clowney.

Right there.....that's the main reason I wouldn't do that trade.

Spencer and Kruger would cost zero draft picks, and even if we strike out trying to sign them in free agency next month....I'd rather draft an OLB this April than trade for Demarcus Ware at the OP's price.

If we were to do something THAT big with players and draft picks for an insane pass rusher than I'd rather we wait until the 2014 draft and chase Jadavean Clowney.

Ok, next time try not to Bold Print that Big of Print.... thought my Phone jumped out at me haha

Whew.......

All three would make an immediate impact. I would take any of them for the right price.

Jones-Drew: Old & Banged Up

Fitzgerald: Yes would be great to have him & Reggie, but no.... I LOVE our WR's. I don't want TY & Co. taking a back seat. I want them to grow with Luck continuously.

Ngata: Sure he would be GREAT on the Defense, but I doubt BAL will give him up & we could find someone younger & equally or more talented