Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats Fans Taunt Torrey Smith [Merge]

Fx Stryker

This post is not specific to the NE Patriots.

But you know when people say "I hate fans of *insert team here*"?

These are the fans they are referring to.

When you lose the ability to tell the difference between real world issues, and football issues. You cross the line.

This post is not specific to the NE Patriots.

But you know when people say "I hate fans of *insert team here*"?

These are the fans they are referring to.

When you lose the ability to tell the difference between real world issues, and football issues. You cross the line.

Yeah, this is a line that should never be crossed. Still, some fans will pick up anything they can to use it as a weapon against someone...

I'm starting to lose a lot of respect for Pat fans.

They took a real big step backwards during and after this game.

No class.

lol, you use 1 piece of garbage who calls himself a Pats fan and says something awful and ridiculous towards another human being and you use that as your bench mark for the entire Patriot's fan base? 

Yea, real nice and logical there.  The Patriots have one of the largest fan bases in the world, and you're using a sampling of 0.0000001% to make a generalized opinion about their entire fan base.

Stay in school.

lol, you use 1 piece of garbage who calls himself a Pats fan and says something awful and ridiculous towards another human being and you use that as your bench mark for the entire Patriot's fan base?

Yea, real nice and logical there. The Patriots have one of the largest fan bases in the world, and you're using a sampling of 0.0000001% to make a generalized opinion about their entire fan base.

Stay in school.

Have to agree with this.. All teams have nut job fans. Twitter just allows them contact with the players they hate

Torrey Smith played the game of his life against the Patriots in early September, hours after his brother was killed in a motorcycle accident.

After that game a salty Patriots fan took to twitter to disrespect and insult Smith after he dominated the Pats. Smith and the Ravens again knocked off the Patriots, this time to reach the Super Bowl, and according to Larry Brown Sports via Smith’s twitter feed, Salty Patriots fans are at again.

http://beat-box.com/?url=http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/01/torrey-smith-says-patriots-fans-sent-rude-tweets-about-brothers-death/

torrey-smith-patriots-fans-brother.jpg

i really really really hate any and everybody who is associated with those clowns.. whether as a fan, player, staff, owner, coach, groundskeeper, ticket collector, security, vendor and parking attendent..did I leave anyone else out?

Just when you think you can't despise them more than you do already..they just keep proving me wrong..

Yea, real nice and logical there.  The Patriots have one of the largest fan bases in the world, and you're using a sampling of 0.0000001% to make a generalized opinion about their entire fan base.

Stay in school.

Yep, there are always a few bad apples in the bunch.

Stay in school.

This is just another bad thing I've heard from them. Im not judging them off this one thing; what a dumb assumption. I've been to a lot of places where there are Pats fans and a lot of them I come across are just ignorant and just dumb. Of course, I don't base the whole fanbase off those people, but it doesn't help their reputation.

I should have said I'm started to lose respect for the whole organization, not just the fans. After everything they did on Sunday, from the super-kick, the BB post game reactions and their "arrogance," I find it hard to even talk about them. Plus, they've always had a reputation of being rude and not classy.

"Stay in school?" I graduated from university (McGill, the top ranked university in Canada) 3 years ago with a major in Commerce and Journalism (did two seperate majors), and a minor in communication. You don't know me, so don't try and insult me, you just look like an dummy. That's ignorant and stupid and I lost respect for you. I really hope you don't carry yourself like that in real life, because if you do, you must be one lonely guy. 

I taunt LeBron James all the time on Twitter about his mom and Delonte West. That guy just crosses the line. However, this hardly makes Pats fans despicable. Yes, we don't like the team or their fans, but that doesn't mean that they are bad people.

Oh the irony..

I wonder if you would be as brave if you crossed paths with a random 6'8 260 lb black dude..

I taunt LeBron James all the time on Twitter about his mom and Delonte West. That guy just crosses the line. However, this hardly makes Pats fans despicable. Yes, we don't like the team or their fans, but that doesn't mean that they are bad people.

Are you saying it's okay for them to taunt him about his brother?

:Yikes: Hide your kids!

:Yikes: Hide yo' wife!

You can certainly make the argument that this only reflects a small percentage of their fan base.  However, at the same time you can't simply overlook what Torry Smith said in his Tweet.

"Played alot of games after my brothers deathNever have I received so many rude Tweets after a win than Sunday...yet New England fans cry about class."

The Ravens went through Indy, Denver and New England on their way to the Super Bowl.  Not to mention all the teams they played in the regular season after his brother's death.  Yet only New England fans were mentioned by him specifically due to the extent of their rudeness.  True...most of their fans weren't responsible but still that says alot relative to other NFL fans.  

I thought I made myself very clear. It's not okay, but it is only a very small percentage of their fan base. You can't call it an entire fan base under this category when it's not all of them. If one guy does something, the entire Fanbase doesn't need to be generalized at all. I'm the first one to dislike the patriots and their fans, but this doesn't nearly put them as bad people.

Besides, it's one thing to tag Lebron in a post that says nothing but Delonte West, about something that in all honesty probably didn't happen. Taunting someone about a dead relative crosses the line. That doesn't mean the entire fanbase is despicable though.

Three things to extrapolate here;

1) Some fans lose themselves to a gang mentality.

2) Fan "X" or fan "Y" does not speak for the fanbase. All fanbases have scum in their midst,  just like all communities have sexual predators or robbers. 

3) The internet gives cowards a loud voice.

Three things to extrapolate here;

1) Some fans lose themselves to a gang mentality.

2) Fan "X" or fan "Y" does not speak for the fanbase. All fanbases have scum in their midst,  just like all communities have sexual predators or robbers. 

3) The internet gives cowards a loud voice.

Right...and furthermore, its amazing how the mentality has shifted here...just a few years ago we had some Colts fans here that went to a game in Baltimore, and they were treated very very poorly. As a result, it was a pretty 'accepted' sentiment here that Ravens fans were the worst around. All of a sudden they play the big bad Patriots and their arrogant, ignorant, classless fan base...and all of a sudden the Ravens are the victims? 

Look...I would never condone any of the actions that Torry Smith said took place, but at the same time, we need to understand that the actions of a few bad fans don't represent a fan base...just like the poor actions of a few players don't always represent the franchise. Between Suggs going off at the end, Welker's wife's comments, Brady's slide...its clear these two teams don't like each other and thats become one of the bigger rivalries in this league. I'm just so freaking sick of hearing about class this class that. You guys don't like the Patriots based on two playoff defeats almost a decade ago, that's fine. But jesus, this team and its fanbase are no different than any other in the league...we really arent as bad as a whole as some of you want to believe. I mean, instead of taking the few wackos and believing that represents a fan base, why not just take the few good ones we have posting on this board and believe thats how we are? That's two different extremes, and believe it or not, just like every other team, we're probably somewhere in the middle.

Right...and furthermore, its amazing how the mentality has shifted here...just a few years ago we had some Colts fans here that went to a game in Baltimore, and they were treated very very poorly. As a result, it was a pretty 'accepted' sentiment here that Ravens fans were the worst around. All of a sudden they play the big bad Patriots and their arrogant, ignorant, classless fan base...and all of a sudden the Ravens are the victims? 

Look...I would never condone any of the actions that Torry Smith said took place, but at the same time, we need to understand that the actions of a few bad fans don't represent a fan base...just like the poor actions of a few players don't always represent the franchise. Between Suggs going off at the end, Welker's wife's comments, Brady's slide...its clear these two teams don't like each other and thats become one of the bigger rivalries in this league. I'm just so freaking sick of hearing about class this class that. You guys don't like the Patriots based on two playoff defeats almost a decade ago, that's fine. But jesus, this team and its fanbase are no different than any other in the league...we really arent as bad as a whole as some of you want to believe. I mean, instead of taking the few wackos and believing that represents a fan base, why not just take the few good ones we have posting on this board and believe thats how we are? That's two different extremes, and believe it or not, just like every other team, we're probably somewhere in the middle.

well said

...and there ya have it folks. 

There are dirtbags in every fan base....and yes...usually a small minority.

Where I get aggravated is when relatively large segments of fan bases such as the Eagles and the Raiders actually relish their reputations.

That is bound to lead to a higher number of bad things happening....and not just verbal.....especially when their teams suck.