Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Peyton Were Playing Today, We Would Win

Andy

Peyton Manning wouldn't fumble twice. He would have quicker releases. He would read the defenses and find holes to pass the ball in. He would have moved the ball more effectively. Now, PM doesn't play defense, but assuming he doesn't fumble twice, they score 20 to 24 points. We put up 7. You're telling me that a 4 time MVP can't score 17 to 21 points. I think he can. If PM played we would have won! Thoughts?

You don't know that he wouldn't of fumbled once or twice or even three times. Who would've guessed he would have thrown all those interceptions last year against the Chargers. Its all speculation and isn't even worth discussing. heck he could've had his knee blown out on the very first play.

still would have lost, but it would have been way more competitive and close.

This. How do we know Peyton wouldn't have thrown a pick? Their offense was destroying our defense and their defense was playing pretty well. Mario Williams was in the backfield on a number of plays. Peyton also doesn't play special teams, so the Jacoby Jones return would have been the same. We had a healthy Peyton last year and lost anyway.

You don't know that he wouldn't of fumbled once or twice or even three times. Who would've guessed he would have thrown all those interceptions last year against the Chargers. Its all speculation and isn't even worth discussing. heck he could've had his knee blown out on the very first play.

Peyton doesn't fumble period. He gets a little pick happy once in a while, but he doesn't fumble a snap from Jeff Saturday inside the 20. He also has a lot better pocket awareness than Kerry Friggin Collins. Curtis Painter's grandma has more pocket awareness than he showed today. Collins has only been successful when he has a massive line to protect him, and a solid running game to take pressure off him. I don't care that he's never had the so-called 'weapons' he has here. The only viable 'weapon' we have is Reggie Wayne. Peyton makes the other guys look a lot better than they are.

This is a really good question because we DID get an early interception..

..and I thought Reggie Wayne was open much if the day...

Peyton doesn't overthrow that second half TD.....

....and we have the ball longer..so the defense doesnt get worn out in that 2nd quarter...

Baron is right...though.....

He's gone till December so it stuff for the message board..

Peyton doesn't fumble period. He gets a little pick happy once in a while, but he doesn't fumble a snap from Jeff Saturday inside the 20. He also has a lot better pocket awareness than Kerry Friggin Collins. Curtis Painter's grandma has more pocket awareness than he showed today. Collins has only been successful when he has a massive line to protect him, and a solid running game to take pressure off him. I don't care that he's never had the so-called 'weapons' he has here. The only viable 'weapon' we have is Reggie Wayne. Peyton makes the other guys look a lot better than they are.

Keyword in my post "SPECULATION"!!!! If you can predict the future than make us all rich.

Edited by 21isSuperman
Personal shot

Peyton Manning wouldn't fumble twice. He would have quicker releases. He would read the defenses and find holes to pass the ball in. He would have moved the ball more effectively. Now, PM doesn't play defense, but assuming he doesn't fumble twice, they score 20 to 24 points. We put up 7. You're telling me that a 4 time MVP can't score 17 to 21 points. I think he can. If PM played we would have won! Thoughts?

Wow.....i can't come up with a better response than that. That post is baffling on so many levels. The amount of denial in this teams flaws is overflowing. While having Peyton today would have made it less lopsided, the result would have still been the same.

No body knows how the game would have went with Peyton, he could have thrown 2 or more INT's or 2 or more TD's. We dont know and wont know, What we do know is that our D needs to play better, and our Oline(Link) needs to block better. We cant expect Dallas Clark to block Mario Williams every passing play, when we need Dallas downfield and not blocking. I just think this game was a complete bust, collins looked rusty in the first have but then came out second half looking like a different Qb

Its only week 1 guys, we have 15 more to go and have a chance to get 18 back

This is a really good question because we DID get an early interception..

..and I thought Reggie Wayne was open much if the day...

Peyton doesn't overthrow that second half TD.....

....and we have the ball longer..so the defense doesnt get worn out in that 2nd quarter...

Baron is right...though.....

He's gone till December so it stuff for the message board..

^^^This guy is one of the best new posters we have here. You got smarts, Mark.

I saw Collins several times holding that ball like he had dipped his hand in stickum. My brain wants to see Peyton while my eyes are seeing Collins. My brain says the QB will release the ball but the QB my eyes are seeing is holding the ball and dragging his feet like Lurch.

This is gonna take time to get used to.

This. How do we know Peyton wouldn't have thrown a pick? Their offense was destroying our defense and their defense was playing pretty well. Mario Williams was in the backfield on a number of plays. Peyton also doesn't play special teams, so the Jacoby Jones return would have been the same. We had a healthy Peyton last year and lost anyway.

Again exactly. Some people act like they care more about Peyton the player than the Colts as a team. 18 is a great player & I am happy we have him but he'll never be greater than the :blueshoe: to me...plain and simple.

I'd say with Peyton we'd have had much better odds to compete well and likely squeak out a win thanks to the Colt's MVP.

The O-Line would still have struggled. The D-Line may have played better due to being pumped up from better offensive plays. I do not think either line would have done so much better in the end though. Even Peyton would have had some trouble today I fear.

I also think special teams still gives up 7.

But as others have implied, we don't have a magical crystal ball that looks into the alternate universe where Peyton is still healthy. We'll never know.

The simple truth is this is basically the same team that took us to the playoffs last year, only significantly healthier. The o-line is different, but it's no worse. The only significant difference is Manning being gone.

That said I still think this team can get it together and win some games. We were dominated almost as bad last year against the Texans in game 1. In the end it was us that won the division.

Aside from QB I still believe this Colts team is better than last year right now.

The defence and special teams are basically the same. The offence is better because of Clark and Collie but slightly worse due to the inexperience on the OL.

So yeah the Colts would have won this by 3-7 had Manning played.

I'm not sure if we would of won or not, but if we had lost with Peyton, then it probably wouldn't of been so lop sided.

I think a lot of people put a lot of unrealistic expectations on Kerry Collins coming into this game. It's like Tony Dungy said on SNF, the loss today was a team effort. This game exposed problems on both sides of the ball.

Jeff Saturday was quoted as saying something along the lines of, the O-line is used to the plays being called out a certain way with Peyton. Now, they gotta get used to them being called out another way.

even though Peyton is the best quarterback to ever play the game he would not of had any better day than Collins did. When the opponet has defensive players inyour backfield at the sametime you get the ball to the quarterback nobody can do good in that position. We had no real running game and Addaishould have been back there blocking someone especialy since he is halfway worthless as a running back. the defense,special teams,oline,and coaching staff were to blame for that mess of a game.

Two questions

1) Who cares?

2) If you are going with fantasy, why stop at Manning? How about saying the Colts would have won if Manning, Marvin, Marshall Faulk, Eric Dickerson, Eugene Daniel, Jeff Herrod, John Hand, the Goose, and a healthy Steven Emtman had played.

The fact is the Colts, as they are constructed right now, where completely outplayed in every way possible. The score was only a 27 point differential because Houston took their foot off the gas.

Two questions

1) Who cares?

2) If you are going with fantasy, why stop at Manning? How about saying the Colts would have won if Manning, Marvin, Marshall Faulk, Eric Dickerson, Eugene Daniel, Jeff Herrod, John Hand, the Goose, and a healthy Steven Emtman had played.

The fact is the Colts, as they are constructed right now, where completely outplayed in every way possible. The score was only a 27 point differential because Houston took their foot off the gas.

^^This^^. I don't see the point in what ifs. The real one concern people should really have is that our players were suppossedly so mad about the lack of respect and then they came out and got completely humiliated and proved everybodys point. The defense, once again, for the umteenth yr. is freakin horrible. The players were outplayed and the coaches were outcoached. Can things turn around? Well, we all better hope so because that was just one ugly performance yesterday.

The real one concern people should really have is that our players were suppossedly so mad about the lack of respect and then they came out and got completely humiliated and proved everybodys point.

As one of my friends put it, "They need to go to the opposite of anger management."

Good luck Collins and keep learning the system. It will come to you. Peyton is out so get used to it. We need to get behind these guys and yell at the coaching staff. The coach needs to quit being so timid and stand up for him self and let the players know he cares. As far as I can see he shows no emotion, and who wood follow that. This is war , motivate, not timid gate. Go Colts