Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Paul Kruger

IndyColtScout

Colts need to throw a ton of money this off season and steal him away from the Ravens. They have the money. He is an impact player in this scheme. Draft Barrett Jones.

Maybe go after Mike Wallace. Finishing touches for a championship team.

We need someone to keep luck off of his rear end

Mike Wallace is a Horrible idea.

Can you believe someone thinks that a poster here thinks Barret Jones would FIX our Line? Where do these *&^%%& come from?

No but Kruger WOULD BE real upgrade to our pass rush and overall D.

VAUGH bites on any move downfield and NEVER makes a play on the ball. He is WORTHLESS today! Satelle kills us. ARGH!!!

I like Kruger.. I doubt Jones makes it down to us and a big NO THANK YOU on Mike Wallace. We have Hilton and Avery and the Colts are already stacked at the skill positions.

HA. He's on thin ice, as far as I'm concerned. He's filled in for Garçon quite well this afternoon, if you catch my drift

Colts need to throw a ton of money this off season and steal him away from the Ravens. They have the money. He is an impact player in this scheme. Draft Barrett Jones.

Don't get all excited about Kruger , he's a good player, but this Oline is abysmal. If they don't invest high picks and a free agent or two in this sham of a line Luck may not make it out of another season.

I'm very aware of Paul Kruger & I'm not basing this idea off of one playoff game. Kruger had 9 sacks against the rest of the NFL while splitting time with Terrell Suggs & Courtney Upshaw. The guy had a great season.

I don't doubt he's a good player and all but if big money is going to be thrown it better be at Olineman if they want Luck to live past next season.

Teams rarely let really good offensive lineman go. If they are let go they are either injured or old. We will most likely have to draft the offensive lineman everyone here desires & hope Ijalana can maybe one day develop/stay healthy. We need to spend our money on a playmaker & defense. Draft offensive line. That's just what I think I'll leave it at that.

Teams rarely let really good offensive lineman go. If they are let go they are either injured or old. We will most likely have to draft the offensive lineman everyone here desires & hope Ijalana can maybe one day develop/stay healthy. We need to spend our money on a playmaker & defense. Draft offensive line. That's just what I think I'll leave it at that.

Ben Grubbs, Eric Winston, and Carl Nicks all left in free agency last yr

You're nitpicking I said rarely & you only had 3 names. This year about all there is could be Jake Long & Ryan Clady and there is not guarantee either guy hits the market.

No thanks on Long. He was terrible this year, his walk year, before injuries, and from what I've read Dolphin fans want him gone.

You're nitpicking I said rarely & you only had 3 names. This year about all there is could be Jake Long & Ryan Clady and there is not guarantee either guy hits the market.

Dolphins aren't resigning Long. He wants big money and he didn't play big money this year.

Jake Long (MIA) - OT - A year ago, Joe Thomas set a new standard for offensive tackles with a 7-year, $84 million contract. The Dolphins are not expected to allow one of the best tackles in the league walk, but with a franchise tag number 120% of his cap number this year, $15.4 million will give Jake Long some leverage in negotiations.

Ryan Clady (DEN) - OT - After several seasons as one of the better left tackles in the league, Clady's is on his expiring rookie contract. After turning down a 5-year, $50 million offer from the Broncos prior to this season, there is some indication that he's looking for something more in the Joe Thomas ballpark. It's unlikely the Broncos, or any other team, will be willing to go that high, but if his demands persist, it brings the franchise tag into play.

Branden Albert (KC) - OT - Albert is among the best all-around left tackles in the league today. With the Chiefs emphasis on the run game and returning to the dominant offensive line that made them offensive powerhouses early last decade, even an offseason with other key free agents ready to hit the market, Albert should get his payday in red.

Sebastian Vollmer (NE) - OT - After a back injury that cost him most of the 2011 season, Vollmer returns to the starting lineup in 2012. He'll be 29 prior to the start of the next season and just coming off his rookie contract. When healthy, Vollmer has been among the league's best right tackles. If they can trust him to remain healthy, they will make a play for him.

Brandon Moore (NYJ) - OG - Though Moore will be 33 when the 2013 season begins, he may also be the best offensive guard on the market. With a Jets offensive line that was not too long ago the best in the league, they are now a unit that has felt pain attempting to replace former starters. Losing a player of Moore's caliber on the line could be devastating to an offense that has struggled to form an identity and develop even a sign of consistency.

Andy Levitre (BUF) - OG - Starting every game of his career so far, Levitre's versatility and consistency has brought tremendous value to the organization over the past couple years. With a healthy offensive line the Bills have found terrific success in running the ball with Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, and even Tashard Choice. Keeping this unit intact will be important for the Bills offense.

Andre Smith (CIN) - OT - Though the former 6th overall pick probably hasn't lived up to his expectations, Smith has developed into an effective right tackle for the Bengals. Though Cincinnati would probably have to search for another right tackle if he moves on, but generally these high draft picks have a way of not staying with their original team if they don't pan out all the way. Weight is a concern, but Smith could be one of the more realistic possible options in free agency.

Sam Baker (ATL) - OT - Over the last year or two, Sam Baker has been battling a chronic injury and Will Svitek for a starting job. At full health, Baker has been an effective left tackle for the Falcons. At less than full health, he's been a borderline liability. Baker is an example of the type of player every year where his own team has the best injury read on him. If the Falcons can trust his health, they will trust signing him to a solid second contract.

I wouldn't overpay for Baker or Vollmer. I doubt KC lets Albert go. Smith is the kinda guy you pay and turns into Eddy Curry. Besides I don't think Bengals let him go. Moore is to old to pay & im almost positive LeVitre signed an extendion w/ BUF during the season.

We are back to Long & Clady whom I already mentioned prior.

I wouldn't overpay for Baker or Vollmer. I doubt KC lets Albert go. Smith is the kinda guy you pay and turns into Eddy Curry. Besides I don't think Bengals let him go. Moore is to old to pay & im almost positive LeVitre signed an extendion w/ BUF during the season.

Well, if you don't mind I'll wait and see what the front office thinks.

You might be right Coltscout, I like your idea of drafting lineman , but it has to be early like 1 and 2 round, and if they have to trade a pick or two to do it by all means go ahead. They might also need a second tier  free agent or two for depth. But bottomline is you cannot reasonably expect Luck to survive another debacle show like that line this year.

I have said before that we should go after OLB Paul Kruger. But I dont think we will need to pay him a ton of money. Something in the ballpark of 4 years 24 million or so. I would like hiim to start alongside Mathis with mixing in Hughes.

would rather have kruger than spencer, the best off-season for us (IMO) would be mike wallace, kruger,vasquez,vollmer(or picking up a elite LT and moving conzo), jarius byrd (or dashon goldson), and brent grimes than drafting warmack (if not there at 24 trade down to cooper). By no means do i expect all of these moves to happen (wed need about 100 mill in cap lol) so id hapily settle for a few. :) lets hope grigson pulls off a little more grigson magic ;)

Personally,  I don't think we need to go anywhere near those two.     Way, WAY too expensive...    I don't see Grigson getting into a bidding war for them when the team has so many other serious needs.

I think there are OT's that will surface that we can get in the $7-9 Mill per year range...

Beatty,  Bushrod,  Loadholt,   Alberts.    That's 4 off the top of my head and there may be more.

Just my read of things....

HA. He's on thin ice, as far as I'm concerned. He's filled in for Garçon quite well this afternoon, if you catch my drift

Yep, I made that post before Avery decided to dip his hands in butter and then try to go out and catch passes. ALL of the guys were terrible today in dropping passes.

Wasn't nitpicking.....And those three are just from last year. There are several guys who could be available other than Long and Clady