Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Having no o- line is frustrating

Dark Superman

I really don't like the gameplan. NE had so much success spreading Houston out and throwing against the LBs or DBs on option or quick routes. We have the weapons to do the same. The also doubled and chipped Watt every chance they got. We need to try the same

Well, you have to remember that Belichick actually switches his gameplan around per game and sometimes per half.  Arians is going to do the same thing every game regardless of who we are playing.

our guards are horrible, shipley is having a decent game. linkenbach cant pass block for nothing. JJ Watt is dismantling our offensive line, especially mcglynn(god that guy stinks). I want to believe we will comeback and win somehow, but the way andrew luck is throwing and the way our line is getting lit up by 1 player, i dont see it happening, maybe if watt gets injured then we will have a chance. Castonzo cant block JJ watt, no one can, if he keeps it up he could have 4 or 5 sacks by games end. What really blows my mind is the colts giving the ball to mwelde moore on the goal line, one of the dumbest decisions ive ever seen.

It's just so frustrating watching defenses blast through our offensive line to reek havoc on our rookie quarterback. Can't wait for the day Luck has a few seconds to throw the ball..

Coming back again, just think with all the cap space next year and a few nmore pieces what a team

So is never throwing a pass less then 20 yards unless it is a WR screen.  Stupid offense.  I don't care if we are 9-4.

A 20 yard route takes time to develop. With our O-line playing like they never played their position before it was our only way. We had the game won if our line didn't hold on the TD pass to reggie and that fumble.

It's just so frustrating watching defenses blast through our offensive line to reek havoc on our rookie quarterback. Can't wait for the day Luck has a few seconds to throw the ball..

i can't wait for arians to adust his play calling for a poor offensive line.......

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 16, 2012 - baiting
Hidden by Nadine, December 16, 2012 - baiting

I'm not sure how those were called sacks on Luck.  

On a lot, if not all of those sacks, Luck pumped faked at least once, which (as I read on here) makes it a forward pass (as the ball was moving forward), and you can't get sacked after a pass.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bavanlan" data-cid="362018" data-time="1355693143"><p>

I'm not sure how those were called sacks on Luck. <br />

<br />

On a lot, if not all of those sacks, Luck pumped faked at least once, which (as I read on here) makes it a forward pass (as the ball was moving forward), and you can't get sacked after a pass.</p></blockquote>

You sir have earned a like. Don't spend it all in one place lol.

I'm not sure how those were called sacks on Luck.  

On a lot, if not all of those sacks, Luck pumped faked at least once, which (as I read on here) makes it a forward pass (as the ball was moving forward), and you can't get sacked after a pass.

never knew that, always good to learn something new, u get a like from me too

The O-line is the main reason we lost today.

They didn't double team Watt, and he just had a field day against us. He was in the backfield at least 65% of the time. Barwin had a good game too. 

It's costed us a good game, and nearly costed one last week. 

Im getting to the point to where I really hope Arians gets a HC job next yr.. It will probably stunt Lucks growth a little, but he maybe better off in the long run.

The only way I would see it stunting his growth is if they simply promoted Christensen.

Now if they went outside and brought in someone who was competent, creative and flexible and smart enough to look at Luck's strengths and attempt to capitalize on them then he would be better off moving forward.

It's not just the sacks, he's hit on practically every pass.  Also, seemingly a majortity of his big throws this season were made on the run.  Even on the TD to Hilton, his arm was hit and he had to readjust and throw on the run.   Luck wouldn't know what to do if he could stand in the pocket and survey the defense. 

Our Oline often appears overmatched at the line of scrimmage.  This has to be the focus of their offseason.  We are in a division with the Texans whose defensive line is one of the best units in the league and they have sights full set on Andrew Luck.   It is imperative that the Colts get better upfront.  Oline is the only thing keeping this offense from taking off. 

Im getting to the point to where I really hope Arians gets a HC job next yr.. It will probably stunt Lucks growth a little, but he maybe better off in the long run.

Wow you said it but I've been thinking the same thing for awhile.  Just hadn't posted it.  Actually think it would be good for Luck and for the offense in general in terms of more balanced play calling.  Get Luck a short passing game to go with his intermediate to long route options.  Utilize more screen passes to running backs and establish more of a run, pass balance.  

Arians has filled in admirably for Pagano given the circumstances but I can understand how he wore out his welcome in Pittsburgh over time.  Arians potentially getting a crack at a head coaching gig may be a blessing in disguise and actually free up Andrew and the offense as a whole to take the next evolutionary step.