Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets talk Cleveland Browns

corgi

Ok so we lost, it was rough, lets move on to the next game. This game is a winnable game, and I hope the Colts come out angry over the lackluster performance in Jersey. Lucks resiliency will be tested.Time to get back on track. We can win the next three, we need to win the next three.

We have bounced back well so far after a loss. And done well at home. Even in the Jags loss it was close till the end.

I feel okay right now about our chances and even though the Browns beat the Bengals I don't think it's a bad thing. I didn't want them searching for their first win vs. us.

Might not be easy but just get the W. (I hope)

have you seen their most recent game browns actually looked good today. We are in trouble

We are in trouble for every game. But, are our opponents sometimes too. We looked good last weekend and then laid an egg today.

There is little consistency and the Browns have a rookie QB too. (who turned 29 today btw so he is older then most rookies lmao)

I feel that after we beat the packer we felt like we could beat anyone ( well also anyone), but the jets were blown out at home to 49 niners last week. The browns have a rookie qb, so do we and now I still think the colts are good team. I will be a tought game, but think colts might be able to win,

I would play it like the Minnesota game - try to play a safe, turnover free, lower-possession game and get to .500 with a W. A 16-13 win will do.

Luck's #1 goal should be putting in a turnover free performance.

I think they try to play every game turnover free so that's really saying much.

I would say on the other side of the ball they really need to focus on getting some turnovers. That is a problem that has been plaguing the Colts for the past few years. They just simply don't make enough plays on defense. It's hard for one of the greatest QBs of all time, Peyton Manning, to have to drive the ball 80 yards every time let a lone a rookie. Give him a short field now and then I think it will help.

We are in trouble for every game. But, are our opponents sometimes too. We looked good last weekend and then laid an egg today.

There is little consistency and the Browns have a rookie QB too. (who turned 29 today btw so he is older then most rookies lmao)

The question is, Will the Colts defense make Weeden look All Pro?

Browns have been feisty even in some losses and the Giants had to come back to beat them last weekend.

I do think the Colts can win this game but I hope after today we don't take it for granted either. I worry about stopping the run and hope this team is healthier next weekend. From injuries on the team to even our head coach being sick it's been rough.......

Browns have been feisty even in some losses and the Giants had to come back to beat them last weekend.

I do think the Colts can win this game but I hope after today we don't take it for granted either. I worry about stopping the run and hope this team is healthier next weekend. From injuries on the team to even our head coach being sick it's been rough.......

It's just been one of those frustrating seasons much like 2008. We just need to be consistent,

Just saw on twitter that the Brown's running back richardson's rib injury "will require further evolution." Could be a big injury for the Browns.

I don't want him to be hurt or anyone but I must say if he is "less then 100%" I won't complain either considering our mash unit.

They're failing.

Don't disagree there. They have only done it once this season. With that said I don't think they are trying to turn the ball over. Growing pains with a young team. We need to work on protecting the ball that is true. We also need to work on forcing some turnovers our self.

My point was this: if you don't make mistakes, this is a winnable game. Rookies are often instructed to just not do anything to lose the game. Against Cleveland, Luck needs to follow this adage. His #1 priority should be playing a safe, turnover free game. Just don't lose it. But your mindset depends upon the opponent, right? Against New England, you couldn't play in this manner.

My point was this: if you don't make mistakes, this is a winnable game. Rookies are often instructed to just not do anything to lose the game. Against Cleveland, Luck needs to follow this adage. His #1 priority should be playing a safe, turnover free game. Just don't lose it. But your mindset depends upon the opponent, right? Against New England, you couldn't play in this manner.

That's my point though, I think he's already trying to play a turnover free game. I don't disagree he needs to do a better job of it but I don't think that's out of the norm of a normal week.

That's my point though, I think he's already trying to play a turnover free game. I don't disagree he needs to do a better job of it but I don't think that's out of the norm of a normal week.

I'm sure you recognize the difference between high risk and low risk QB play. You lower the risk of turning the ball over with your decision making, play calling and how you attack the game. The first step is safer play calling - see Minnesota game. The second step is a mindset and concerted effort on Luck's part, knowing he doesn't have to save the day or carry the team to beat Cleveland. When you're playing New England or are down 14 points, you're forced to play a higher risk game. Against Cleveland, that shouldn't be necessary.

I'm sure you recognize the difference between high risk and low risk QB play. You lower the risk of turning the ball over with your decision making, play calling and how you attack the game. The first step is safer play calling - see Minnesota game. The second step is a mindset and concerted effort on Luck's part, knowing he doesn't have to save the day or carry the team to beat Cleveland. When you're playing New England or are down 14 points, you're forced to play a higher risk game. Against Cleveland, that shouldn't be necessary.

It's much easier to call a game like the Vikings game if they get a lead like they did in the Vikings game and they aren't playing from behind like the have been in the bulk of the other four games. That's not all turnovers that's the team as a whole not playing well.

let's remove the word 'winnable' out our vocabulary..today was a nightmare..everything that could've went wrong did..I'm even MORE worried about this game..like I said before the Browns are better than what their record indicates..also Trent Richardson is a beast I won't be surprised if he goes for 200+ total yards if our defense play the way we did today..

let's remove the word 'winnable' out our vocabulary..today was a nightmare..everything that could've went wrong did..I'm even MORE worried about this game..like I said before the Browns are better than what their record indicates..also Trent Richardson is a beast I won't be surprised if he goes for 200+ total yards if our defense play the way we did today..

He has to play first. I saw a report on twitter that he has a rib injury that will require further evaluation. Clearly that could mean nothing and he could very well play on Sunday.

After this game...im worried about this one.

Nah, after what I saw against GB, I'm positive we'll beat the browns. The jets game was just a bump in the road. Every team has them. Just ask the 49ers. I don't see anyone eliminating the niners just because they got embarrassed. Chill out people.