Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was crosby FG attempt deflected?

leatherman

I think he just vanderjagted it

Vandy missed a 47 yard field goal and he is a goat in indy. how about the 40 something straight field goals he made? i would take him over adam any day. just tape his mouth shut. how many chippies has adam missed in the past few years? he is the highest paid fg kicker and doesn't deserve it any longer. sorry but true

Vandy missed a 47 yard field goal and he is a goat in indy. how about the 40 something straight field goals he made? i would take him over adam any day. just tape his mouth shut. how many chippies has adam missed in the past few years? he is the highest paid fg kicker and doesn't deserve it any longer. sorry but true

I also think of the miss he had in the Dolphins playoff game in overtime that would have won us that game. I think about another miss he had at the end of a Miami game in the regular season that would have won that game. I think of him having to get a re-do on the Monday Night Miracle and then being moved 15 yards closer and then almost missed the kick. I also think of him missing a kick that would have won the pro-bowl. Again, the last one isn't that big of a deal at all on it's own but when you add it to the other it helps establish a pattern. Then the whole thing fell apart in Dallas after that kick. Vandy was great at kicking kicks when the game wasn't on the line when it was on the line he struggled. I can think of two games he hit kicks that we had to have. He did it against the Bills early in his time here and then he did it again against Denver in the snow bowl. To his credit he did it twice in the Denver game. I also remember Vandy shooting his mouth off about the QB and Coach here when in fact he cost us two playoff games that Peyton put us in place to either win or at least keep playing. If you are going to call out the coach and QB for not playing well in the playoffs then you better darn well come threw in the playoffs when you are needed. Vandy didn't. That's not to say Vandy was a bum he wasn't. Let's not act like he was a model citizen because he was not and frankly has earned rep he has gotten for not coming threw when the team needed him the most.

If you would really take him over Adam any day that's up to you. I think you are one of the few who would do that given Adam's history of coming threw when needed him the most. I'll take the guy who misses a kick here or there like Adam does but comes threw with the game on the line day after day over the guy who will hit 100 straight field goals but can't hit a game winner like Vandy any day of the week.

However, the comparison I was making had more to do with one kick than it did Vandy's whole time here. That kick yesterday was missed as bad as Vandy's kick against the Steelers that's all that comment was and if you watch them it was clear neither kick was even close.

A.V. has always missed long kicks and some chippies, also.. BUT.... unlike Vandy (who was generally much more accurate) A.V. is clutch and doesn't get drunk and say ridiculous things to the media... :cheers: I'm not sure that Vini is worth the money to us in a "reloading" year, but at least he's not divisive in the locker room and prone to stage fright like that other guy....

I also think of the miss he had in the Dolphins playoff game in overtime that would have won us that game. I think about another miss he had at the end of a Miami game in the regular season that would have won that game. I think of him having to get a re-do on the Monday Night Miracle and then being moved 15 yards closer and then almost missed the kick. I also think of him missing a kick that would have won the pro-bowl. Again, the last one isn't that big of a deal at all on it's own but when you add it to the other it helps establish a pattern. Then the whole thing fell apart in Dallas after that kick. Vandy was great at kicking kicks when the game wasn't on the line when it was on the line he struggled. I can think of two games he hit kicks that we had to have. He did it against the Bills early in his time here and then he did it again against Denver in the snow bowl. To his credit he did it twice in the Denver game. I also remember Vandy shooting his mouth off about the QB and Coach here when in fact he cost us two playoff games that Peyton put us in place to either win or at least keep playing. If you are going to call out the coach and QB for not playing well in the playoffs then you better darn well come threw in the playoffs when you are needed. Vandy didn't. That's not to say Vandy was a bum he wasn't. Let's not act like he was a model citizen because he was not and frankly has earned rep he has gotten for not coming threw when the team needed him the most.

If you would really take him over Adam any day that's up to you. I think you are one of the few who would do that given Adam's history of coming threw when needed him the most. I'll take the guy who misses a kick here or there like Adam does but comes threw with the game on the line day after day over the guy who will hit 100 straight field goals but can't hit a game winner like Vandy any day of the week.

However, the comparison I was making had more to do with one kick than it did Vandy's whole time here. That kick yesterday was missed as bad as Vandy's kick against the Steelers that's all that comment was and if you watch them it was clear neither kick was even close.

All that plus all the * he talked about Peyton and the team, and boy was he wrong......loser. Vandy over Vinny haha wow......