Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nathan Palmer

corgi

Colts signed WR Nathan Palmer off the 49ers' practice squad. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I know, I know hold back your excitement. This signing reeks of awesomeness. Or it's bad news for Collie. Either way welcome to the team/Special Teams Unit.

Colts signed WR Nathan Palmer off the 49ers' practice squad. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I know, I know hold back your excitement. This signing reeks of awesomeness. Or it's bad news for Collie. Either way welcome to the team/Special Teams Unit.

I'd say bad news on collie we didn't really need a 7th wr unless one was done for the year but I am expecting bad news on collie.

on a kind of simular note, was kris adams in on the last play of the game yesterday? if not why? he is one of our bigger WR seems like a guy you want for a jump ball in the middle of the end zone right?

Adams gave up on a play before that where he had coverage beat that could of led to a TD. I don't know if he was in for the final play or not, but Luck probably had more trust in Wayne pulling it down than Adams.

Adams gave up on a play before that where he had coverage beat that could of led to a TD. I don't know if he was in for the final play or not, but Luck probably had more trust in Wayne pulling it down than Adams.

and i think thats why is not a starter for sure, however you put your bigs in for a toss up right? note i don't think the last play was meant to be hail mary(ish) just turned out that way. however in the case that was the design i would want a bigger target out there, if nothing else to tip the ball back to wayne?

Sad to see Collie IR'd i love the kid he's an amazing athlete, Would've rather he signed Whalen tho, anyone one have any info on this Palmer guy?

who is this guy?

Nathan Palmer, better known as NAPALM is quick as a rabbit, and explosively fast. Can turn on a dime and give you back 9 cents in change. Was fun to watch at NIU and could out run the best of them. Was considering a career in music as he was a great singer. Will do us proud!

Ya... Adams is on my :censored2: list this week... that was awful.... He's good, but there are no excuses for giving up early on a play.

Im Interested to see what This Nathan Palmer kid might bring. He recorded a 4.34 40 yard time at his pro day. He definitely looks fast and prettty elussive to. Besides Reggie who isnt fast in our reieving core now? he was one of the last to get cut from the 49ers when they were triming to 53 men. He even beat out Chris Owusu. He could actually be more than just a filler, excited to see.

On the Other hand my heart goes out to Austin Collie. This Kid has great talent and really could have been one of Andrew lucks favorite target for years to come. Its so unfortunate that Injuries just won't leave him alone. Sometimes thats how it goes. Just like Gonzo and how he was solid for a seson and had alot of petentail and then couldnt stay healthy. I wish you and your familey the best of Luck Austin Collie in your future. you wont be forgotten as a Colts thats for sure. We will miss ya.

Shoulda signed Greg Salas

It doesn't matter if we sign Salas, or Palmer (like we did), or even me. All 3 of those guys will have little to no impact on the field, and will never get a catch this year.

He's just a body and if the Colts pick up somebody on the waiver wire, I would think he's at the top of the list for people to waive.

It doesn't matter if we sign Salas, or Palmer (like we did), or even me. All 3 of those guys will have little to no impact on the field, and will never get a catch this year.

He's just a body and if the Colts pick up somebody on the waiver wire, I would think he's at the top of the list for people to waive.

WHo is the third guy just wondering?

I doubt heck be the first to go. Mainly becuase the Colts liked this guy when they scouted him and liked his pro day. So they have had an interest in him before this need for depth at WR even came up. He's not a polished reciever but he could make some plays and has some potential.

I doubt heck be the first to go. Mainly becuase the Colts liked this guy when they scouted him and liked his pro day. So they have had an interest in him before this need for depth at WR even came up. He's not a polished reciever but he could make some plays and has some potential.

But you have to realize that they aren't going to waive a proven player (ST players or a backup) to take a risk on a receiver who odds are will never see the field and has potential to be a backup.