Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we cut the whole offensive line?

bap1331

and just bring in a whole line of free agents? It used to be that they were just bad at run blocking now its both pass and run. Luck is going to get hurt if we dont do something about it.

Can we also get Elmer to donate some glue to put on our wr corps hands? Theyre not helping Luck much either. Luck is beginning to become the new Peyton. (figuring out ways to win the game by themselves.)

Luck didn't exactly help himself by throwing that poor INT either... Just saying if you want to rip everyone else who made a mistake today you better include him in that mix.

This is a young team it's going to take time and it's not going to happen over night. We still have holes to fill no question but the over reacting people are doing is getting a little out of hand.

and just bring in a whole line of free agents? It used to be that they were just bad at run blocking now its both pass and run. Luck is going to get hurt if we dont do something about it.

Can we also get Elmer to donate some glue to put on our wr corps hands? Theyre not helping Luck much either. Luck is beginning to become the new Peyton. (figuring out ways to win the game by themselves.)

not sure how you can say the O Line isn't cutting it and then turn around and say Brown isn't cutting it, it would seem to be they both go hand it hand, No O Line means not a big running game

The O line has played better (not saying much from the first game) every game. We've had several injuries and the line is made up of mostly cast offs anyway.

I'd say the O line is looking up. Reitz comes back after the BYE and Essex should be starting over Olsen by then.

The OL didn't play that bad.

Yeah I thought they were better. They weren't great no question but Luck wasn't getting hit on every play and Brown found some success running to the outside behind them. They are getting better though which is good to see it could just be the line needed some time to come together or it could be the Jags defense isn't exactly great outside of the middle or more than likely a little bit of both.

Agree! Not sure if it was that play, but I think it was - he could have ran for another first down and more but he threw that one right to puzzy!

The only thing I could think of there is that he just didn't see him in the sun. Either way he knew it was a poor throw as soon as he made it you could tell by his reaction. My guess is he wont make that mistake again. I would like to say this I love hustle as much as next person but Andrew leave the tackling to your teammates lol.

not sure how you can say the O Line isn't cutting it and then turn around and say Brown isn't cutting it, it would seem to be they both go hand it hand, No O Line means not a big running game

because Brown isnt an explosive runningback. He is more of a backup. We need a Darren Sproles, Adrian Peterson, or Foster....

because Brown isnt an explosive runningback. He is more of a backup. We need a Darren Sproles, Adrian Peterson, or Foster....

Except Brown is an explosive runningback and that has been shown when he gets blocking. If we had any of those guys you said trying to run behind this line they would be struggling too right now. While the line was better today they were still not great at run blocking. Brown was able to get some nice runs mostly to the outside so it's improving but that isn't saying much given how the line has been playing this year.

Except Brown is an explosive runningback and that has been shown when he gets blocking. If we had any of those guys you said trying to run behind this line they would be struggling too right now. While the line was better today they were still not great at run blocking. Brown was able to get some nice runs mostly to the outside so it's improving but that isn't saying much given how the line has been playing this year.

brown just looked stronger today. i'm starting to like him

I dont think we've had the entire offensive line on the field yet for an entire game, have we?

i wouldn't mind seeing scott signed if he's still out there......but that, i think, may be a pipe dream.....there is some promise on the o-line a few missing pieces and i think we'll see some good production out of them

Yeah. Castonzo is good. Reitz will be fine when he returns. Justice is adequate. Essex knows the system. McGlynn has actually been improving a little, FWIW. Satele... ehm... could be worse.

It's not an ideal situation, but if we can get healthy and on the same page it's fine for this year.

Arians asks a lot of the O-line. With the 5 and 7 step drops his system uses, they are required to hold their blocks forever. Your QB is going to take some hits. I really wish we would use more quick drop plays just to move the chains. I understand the concept is to let the play develop and receivers get off their defender.....it just requires a solid O-line.

considering all the ot

Arians asks a lot of the O-line. With the 5 and 7 step drops his system uses, they are required to hold their blocks forever. Your QB is going to take some hits. I really wish we would use more quick drop plays just to move the chains. I understand the concept is to let the play develop and receivers get off their defender.....it just requires a solid O-line.

he really hasnt taken that many hits

The O-Line passed blocked well today. I`m not sure they didn`t run block fairly well too, because early in the game, just like last week, our backs just ran straight into the defenders, and not looking for cuts and creases. Thanks for your opinion tho.

First a cut Vinatieri thread... and now the whole o-line. We won't have much of a team if we cut everyone on this team who makes a mistake on the field. People have to be a little more patient.

Exactly Wayne dropped a pass powers didn't land in bounds on a pick and luck threw a pick should we cut them while we are at it?

The O-Line passed blocked well today. I`m not sure they didn`t run block fairly well too, because early in the game, just like last week, our backs just ran straight into the defenders, and not looking for cuts and creases. Thanks for your opinion tho.

I thought the line did exceptionally well today. It was a night and day difference from the last couple of weeks. Once Arians realizes that running off tackle and outside more is the way to go, they will continue to be successful. I hope they continually improving like they did today. I'm also pleased with McGlynn's play at center. His snaps were much better today and the interior overall gave Luck a lot of room to step up and make his throws.

The only thing I could think of there is that he just didn't see him in the sun. Either way he knew it was a poor throw as soon as he made it you could tell by his reaction. My guess is he wont make that mistake again. I would like to say this I love hustle as much as next person but Andrew leave the tackling to your teammates lol.

I was thinking the same thing with the sun. I think the open roof is a nice feature for the stadium but honestly they need to keep the thing shut. It looked like he lost where Reggie was and Reggie had the secondary beat badly.

lol....Darren Sproles would literally have his body split in half if he had to run behind our Oline.

That said, they were actually respectable today. Olsen looked like a rock when I payed attention to him.....didn't think I'd ever say that.

The line blocked fine today 46 pass attempts no sacks and some decent runs. i want some of the posters wanting people cut to take the players place and see them do it better. We don't have the best line in the Nfl... and crazier we don't have the worst. everyone on this board should know we are to trapped to just go out and buy a line we have to make due with what we have and they have improved each week.

And what would we replace them with? An array of finger sandwiches and pastries?

They've had their problems, but at the moment there's really nothing better out there.

Don't know why, but this tickled me.

Good linemen are a premium commodity, we have to work with what we've got for now and to be fair I think they are improving. With the Essex pick up and Reitz coming back it could be a workable unit. Worried about Satale leaving two games now and both times it seems to have killed momentum on the offense.