Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Joe Reitz isnt a go?

HtownColt

If Joe Reitz isnt a go, I for one is too scared to have Seth Olsen anywhere on the field. So I was thinking let Linkenbach handle the LG duties. He played guard in the preseason and didnt hear too much from him which is a good thing for an OL. Its just an option i was thinking about if Reitz isnt ready. I just trust Linkenbach wayyy more than Olsen(I know thats hard to say "Trust Linkenbach" lol)

thoughts??

Well, that sucks. Reitz is a bright spot on the line. A shaky line just got worse, but hopefully the other guys can step it up a notch.

got to make do somehow, as long as the Colts are not airing it out 40+ times then I think we will be fine, like I said 35 pass 27 run plays(which is what we averaged in the preseason) should be a big step in slowing down there pass rush, if we can get 4.0 yards out of almost every one of those runs we will be fine and 22 completions on those 35 attempts lets say for 7 yards (average not taking into account playaction which is where the run attempts would come in handy) then Luck would have 245 passing yards to our running backs (combined) 108 rushing yards, we should be right with them at the end I think or better and Luck did average 7.9 yards per completion in the preseason, in my opinion the minute we start airing it out and ditch the run then our goose is cooked and that goose will be Luck

A little off topic but Superman and some others were talking about this yesterday, Jake Scott could be a good choice. Grigson could at least bring him in for a w/o. Can't hurt. Not to replace Reitz but possible upgrade over McGlynn. I'm a total O line noob so I don't even know.

we will likely get them all back

I am 'dumb' to this one...was this a deadline day? Jut wondering why they had to post that....

As to the topic, Olsen was not bad at right guard in the preseason....Link at one point was listed as left guard instead of Reitz.

With McG.....gug...gles....coming off of injury I would use Link at left guard and let Olsen back up the right guard....Olsen was not the least bit good with footwork at LG last year...when he got hurt. Sucks Reitz is hurt.

Edited by BrentMc11

A little off topic but Superman and some others were talking about this yesterday, Jake Scott could be a good choice. Grigson could at least bring him in for a w/o. Can't hurt. Not to replace Reitz but possible upgrade over McGlynn. I'm a total O line noob so I don't even know.

We have mentioned Scott for awhile....I like him...some think he is a pass only.....I would not hesitate myself...unless there is something we do not know regarding HIS health....nobody has bit on him....

I am 'dumb' to this one...was this a deadline day? Jut wondering why they had to post that....

As to the topic, Olsen was not bad at right guard in the preseason....Link at one point was listed as left guard instead of Reitz.

With McG.....gug...gles....coming off of injury I would use Link at left guard and let Olsen back up the right guard....Olsen was not in the least bit good witth footwork at LG last year...when he got hurt. Sucks Reitz is hurt.

post the waivers?

I know they have to post that, but did we HAVE to do that today and off of IR for any reason....that was my question...and again...it may be a dumb question. :)

Not sure why they did it but I think they had to http://www.ninersnat...ire-system-work (b) Whenever a player who has finished less than the season in which his fourth year of credited service has been earned under the Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle Plan is placed on waivers, the player's Player Contract will be subject to the waiver system and may be awarded to a claiming Club.

Im not sure if that applies to the players we put on waivers but that would be my guess

Olsen & Linkenbach are terrible...

The Ijalana injury really hurt us this year...

Gotta deal with it...Ijalana may be done period....we have what we have and the game is Sunday...no matter how awful we thin they are....Mcglynn has been a true blocking 'wizard as well.....' Looked like 327 pounds of waste against the Rams. Olsen played better on the right than the left.

If Joe Reitz isnt a go, I for one is too scared to have Seth Olsen anywhere on the field. So I was thinking let Linkenbach handle the LG duties. He played guard in the preseason and didnt hear too much from him which is a good thing for an OL. Its just an option i was thinking about if Reitz isnt ready. I just trust Linkenbach wayyy more than Olsen(I know thats hard to say "Trust Linkenbach" lol)

thoughts??

Olson is worth at least 7 points to the spread. He and Link are a disaster.

I guess since Olsen is playing, the game should be blacked out and y'all can watch MASH reruns or Good Luck Charlie on the Disney Channel....I am going to watch the game and support who is on the field. I will slam em if they play poorly. This is a team....not one or two individuals....

I can guarantee Pagano is not going to give the Bears 7 more points for a back-up guard. :colts:

What are your thoughts on McGlynn? Is he solid?

The man is huge. He has been called by Pagano and Grigson an "emotional leader." AL12 I need to see this on the field.

I will say what I did above, I will root any player that made this team on every Sunday!!!. Number 75 was not good against the Rams...and he got hurt so do we really know?....lets back these guys on Sunday and see what number 12 can do with some pretty good offensive weapons....just my opinion..... :coltslogo:

What are your thoughts on McGlynn? Is he solid?

I watched him in Cincinnati and Philly when he got his 4 starts last year and he appeared soft, getting bullied, he got thrown down some just like he did in the Rams game and drew a couple penalties also just like in the Rams game, he is what we have now so we deal with what we got, I hope for the best with him and plan for the worst (watching a repeat performance of what he played like in St Louis only this time all season long) I hope to see him do better but he is a Stop Gap Guard for us till next year

I watched him in Cincinnati and Philly when he got his 4 starts last year and he appeared soft, getting bullied, he got thrown down some just like he did in the Rams game and drew a couple penalties also just like in the Rams game, he is what we have now so we deal with what we got, I hope for the best with him and plan for the worst (watching a repeat performance of what he played like in St Louis only this time all season long) I hope to see him do better but he is a Stop Gap Guard for us till next year

How can you say he was horrible against the Rams?

I don't even think he played more than 10 snaps. Yes, he had a couple of bad plays, but he's played less than 10 plays this preseason.

In the past, he's proven that he can do the job. Yes, he's inconsistent, but from what I've seen in recent years, he's slowly getting better.

Give him a chance, before saying "we have to deal with him now."

How can you say he was horrible against the Rams?

I don't even think he played more than 10 snaps. Yes, he had a couple of bad plays, but he's played less than 10 plays this preseason.

In the past, he's proven that he can do the job. Yes, he's inconsistent, but from what I've seen in recent years, he's slowly getting better.

Give him a chance, before saying "we have to deal with him now."

I am giving him his chance heck he is our starting Right Guard I hope he does well but I dont expect much

over but its not so much about the yards as it is about the attempts, in the preseason (yes I know the preseason) we rushed an average of 27 times a game. I figure if we can get 15 out of Brown and 12 out of Ballard or vice versa if both averaged 4.0 ypc thats 960 yards on the season just from one of our Backs (the Back that carried the ball 15 times a game) and if the other Back carried the ball 12 times per game over 16 games at 4.0 ypc (averaged) then thats 768 yards for the season for Back #2 for a combined total 1728 yards and with using that to set up the Playaction then we will be a dangerous offense while still spreading the ball around

hopefully we draft a RT and 2 OG's next year, tired of our oline being a question mark. Mabe ijalana and anderson can help with that next year. wish we would have keep baker instead of link.

The O-line would still be a question mark as you would have 3 rookies playing, all of whom nobody knows how they will produce in the NFL. I get where you're going with this statement, but to me, it's still very questionable what type of play you'll get from them. The O-line (probably more than anything else in football) needs time together to gel into a cohesive unit.

McGlynn and Olsen... the interior is in trouble. One could almost make a drinking game out of them... each time one gets kncoked to the ground by the defender take a drink... you'd be drunk by the end of the first quarter.

I'm totally playing that game for the Bears.....I'm not usually drunk by 1:30 PM on a Sunday.