Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Austin Collie a GO for Sunday!

weslo1812

Why is there so many "?" in the middle of the sentences? Is that like an editing thing.

Good to hear about Collie though.

I agree with the ?'s. Looks like the writer was quoting articles with no immediate knowledge of what he was writing about.

Great news about Austin. Here's to him staying injury free.

Can we please throw to him outside the numbers?

On a side note, glad to hear that he will be ready to go. I hope the guy has a great season and more importantly a great life after football. I'm just gonna have to trust that he's doing what is best for himself.

He needs to do what Marvin used to do towards the end of his career. Instead of trying to blast through the hit, go down at the last instant and let the defenders hit each other

He needs to do what Marvin used to do towards the end of his career. Instead of trying to blast through the hit, go down at the last instant and let the defenders hit each other

Bad thing is this last hit didn't look like it was very hard at all. I just kind of hope it was an overreaction to the hit and it truly wasn't another concussion. If it was another concussion he's liable to knock himself out just trying to drop to avoid the hit.

Let's hope he stays healthy.

I think he's coming back early, but there a bunch of doctors/medics (and him) that know much more of the situation, so I'll leave it up to them.

For the next couple of weeks, I'll be watching him like this :hide:

Collie... hmmmmm... I really think the Colts should have let him go. The only thing that gives me hope in this situation is Clark.

Dallas was in the same boat and made it to shore.

IDK, if Collie is in the game IMO he will be Luck's fav target.

Use the Simpson helmet. If it is possible. Helmet technology is the only way this dude is staying in the NFL.

http://theconcussionblog.com/2011/08/22/bill-simpson-enters-football-helmet-race/

Bad thing is this last hit didn't look like it was very hard at all. I just kind of hope it was an overreaction to the hit and it truly wasn't another concussion. If it was another concussion he's liable to knock himself out just trying to drop to avoid the hit.

I thought the same thing when it happened. He also acted like he had to shake off some cob webs on the TD catch he made in the first game after he got bumped in the head by the defender

I really hope he is not one of those people that has what they call a glass jaw.

Pagano did say he came in the next day feeling normal.

Totally disagree. It was a dirty arm to the head hit on a defenseless receiver. Should have been a 15 yd penalty and a fine and a suspension.

I thought the NFL was clamping down on these kind of dirty shots to the head ... and yet I didn't hear boo about this blatant deliberate shot to the head, other than everybody hoping Collie is okay.

Totally disagree. It was a dirty arm to the head hit on a defenseless receiver. Should have been a 15 yd penalty and a fine and a suspension.

I thought the NFL was clamping down on these kind of dirty shots to the head ... and yet I didn't hear boo about this blatant deliberate shot to the head, other than everybody hoping Collie is okay.

I tried to find a video of the hit and was unsuccessful, but to me when I watched it happen it was more of a glancing blow. Wasn't nearly the impact that he's taken before. And if he can't take a forearm or elbow to the helmet without having to come out, if he ever gets a helmet, shoulder, or knee to the head he'll be in a world of hurt. I'm not nearly as outraged at the hit that he took as you evidently are. If he wanted to he could have laid the hammer down on Collie in that situation and this discussion probably wouldn't be happening now because Collie might very well have had to hang em up for good.

You really have to be kidding with that right? That was about as clean as a hit can get and completely accidental.

You really have to be kidding with that right? That was about as clean as a hit can get and completely accidental.

Completely agree. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that hit. What scares me is that Foote didn't even look to have hit him that hard and it looked like Collie was out for a second or two. A glancing forearm and it put him down like that? I hate to say it but I would be surprised if he makes it all season.

I saw the replay of the hit last night and I can see where it could have got a flag, but a suspension is just freaking out because Collie got hurt. The hit was not that bad to warrant a suspension.

I am glad Collie will be ready for week 1 because we are going to need him against that defense, but I full expect he will get knocked out once again this season. Sadly, I fully expect us to look at WR next offseason to replace Collie.

To topic....would love to see the Colts limit Collie's over-the-middle routes other than 'pick' routes. I know you cannot keep from throwing over the middle completely to your 'slot, but it would be a little less nerve racking every time number 17 gets hit. I pray he does not take another hit to the head.

I love Collie and think that he was not just a product of Peyton and think that he is in the top half of receivers in the league and maybe one of the best number 2's currently playing. He just scares me everytime he catches and underneath route. Not for football reasons, I would trust him to catch anything. I fear for him personally.

Completely agree. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that hit. What scares me is that Foote didn't even look to have hit him that hard and it looked like Collie was out for a second or two. A glancing forearm and it put him down like that? I hate to say it but I would be surprised if he makes it all season.

So a deliberate hit with the forearm or elbow to the head is okay then. Guess the NFL is full of it in wanting to prevent head injuries by banning hits to the head.

I watched the replay about 10 times and I saw a needless hit straight to the head. In game, I would have flagged it for 15 yards. Talk of fine and or suspension is up to the NFL powers that be. So it seems, however, they are still fine with hits to the head on anybody other than QBs.

Austin's concussions are like my Android Phone, I keep dropping it but I use an Otter-Shell protector and my phone just keeps on working. Austin has a state-of-the-art helmet that is like the Otter, My phone initially shuts-down after dropped but starts working good in a short period of time. Caustin Allie will be fine....... :jump:

I read an article a few weeks back where Troy Polymaulo (sp) was saying that he felt he had had 40-50 concussions in his career that were never fully diagnosed. I think the important thing is that you treat it immediately and avoid contact to an already concussed/injured brain. Hopefully Austin has just been really unlucky these past two years and he can leave that all behind him.

He went down on the last one and Foote came in and forearmed him in the head, and gave him some leg to boot.

Players sueing the league need to have a copy of that, there was no fine, clearly showing the league is overlooking injury/concussion issues. JMO

So a deliberate hit with the forearm or elbow to the head is okay then. Guess the NFL is full of it in wanting to prevent head injuries by banning hits to the head.

I watched the replay about 10 times and I saw a needless hit straight to the head. In game, I would have flagged it for 15 yards. Talk of fine and or suspension is up to the NFL powers that be. So it seems, however, they are still fine with hits to the head on anybody other than QBs.

I guess we are seeing two different things. Austin is doing a lot of what Marvin and Reggie do after the catch which is to get down. However, Austin has had the worst luck in doing it in that that's when his bad hits have taken place. I'm not saying I condone shots to the head I just don't believe this one was deliberate. Collie made the catch and was going down after Foote already made a move towards him. At full speed, its hard for a defender within a couple of yards to pull up when a receiver goes to his knees and leaves his head exposed.

With the way things are going we are going to end up with a flag football league. Shots all over the body are going to happen, its just that some can take it others can't.

Watch it again. He's going down and Foote comes up and leads with his forearm to the head and snaps his head hard to the side. Forearm to head hits are, in some cases, worse than helmet to helmet hits because of the extra force and direction that can applied by the arm during the hit.

Plus, and I may be mistaken, but I don't think there was ever an official Collie had a concussion, the only thing I ever read was he was being evaluated and held out because of concussion like symptons, would could mean he and or the doctors were just being extra cautious because a player is more apt to get a concussion when they have had multiple concussions in the past.

To topic....would love to see the Colts limit Collie's over-the-middle routes other than 'pick' routes. I know you cannot keep from throwing over the middle completely to your 'slot, but it would be a little less nerve racking every time number 17 gets hit. I pray he does not take another hit to the head.

Collie has to play like "Collie" ... over the middle or to the sidelines. Clark did it. AC can too.