Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Austin Collie a GO for Sunday!

weslo1812

Collie has to play like "Collie" ... over the middle or to the sidelines. Clark did it. AC can too.

I know JD.....just wishing he did not end up asleep after the hits....slot = underneath routes....over the middle....that is the position...I was doing wishful thinking for number 17.

Simply put, catch the ball and get down just like Marvin did

Note to Arians....

No more lining him up in the slot and throwing to him down the seams or across the middle. It's a lot less stressful on your head being dragged down by a 190 lb CB, than getting lit up across the middle by 250 lb MLBs. Use the sidelines.

I agree 100% Gavin and Petonator. Find the holes in the secondary, run comebacks routes if you have to, and just go down immediately. Yes, the sideline is your friend. Keep your feet in bounds and avoid unnecessary contact Collie.

I think as long as collie gets out of slot position he could be fine. Put him out wide, avoid the inside routes where he would have multiple defenders on him instantly. Collie is healthy for now, but how long will that last. Until the next time he gets tackled most likely. He's been completely blasted twice. Now he's like chuck lidell, the slightest hit will knock him out. he just can take those dangerous routes anymore if he wants to stay in the game.

I'm so glad Collie will be back, he is amazing and I expect he will play with as much zest as always. I'm not so sure about the hit. The first time I saw it I was angry and wondered what the heck Foote was doing and why he even came in there as the tackle was already made, but after a few seconds looks I thought he just had momentum that he couldn't stop and nothing looks deliberate. Stay safe Austin, you make it fun to be a Colts fan.