Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano Post Game Conference

TKnight24

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Didn't hear a lot of people talk about this but Vujonich started at right tackle today for LeRaven Clark and Pagano said he had earned it and played better than Clark... I guess they'd know better than me.

I'm surprised no one mentioned it.

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don't see how on earth Walker can still be ahead of Morris and Morris deserves a look with the ones I think.  Unfortunately with next week being the dress rehearsal and the week after being the last game of the pre-season it might be too late for that but I hope not.

I try not to criticize too much, because as fans we don't have all the facts. However, I have no idea what these coaches are thinking. 

Before the season even started, I thought Morris had a great chance to win QB #2, and it was very surprising to see him fall to QB #4. What's even more bizarre is that he is playing better than any healthy quarterback on this team right now. Yet he is last on the depth chart. 

All I can do is shake my head about it. 

25 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

This is a very different Pagano than we've seen in the past.  Not sure how I feel about it.  I like holding players accountable, but I don't think anything good comes from airing issues out in the media

I think it's starting to become panic time for him. He knows there aren't many chances left for him as HC of our team.

Coordinators have been changed, GM's have been changed, many players have been changed. The cliches will only go so far.

That axe he chops with will most likely be dropping on him. I don't think in season, but definitely afterwards.

8 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Didn't hear a lot of people talk about this but Vujonich started at right tackle today for LeRaven Clark and Pagano said he had earned it and played better than Clark... I guess they'd know better than me.

I saw that and wondered why? I watched the game on the NFL Network and the Cowboy announcers didn't even give the Colts starting lineups and didn't do well in identifying Colts players during plays.  Maybe Chuck wanted to light a fire under Clark's rear?

Looks like Chuck has grown a spine. It may be too little, too late though, but either way, it looks like he will do everything possible to keep his job. Either way, I hope it results in a new coach, or Pagano learning how to beat the top teams and get us to the playoffs reguarly. Either extreme is fine. This may be the kick in the butt he needs.

9 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I try not to criticize too much, because as fans we don't have all the facts. However, I have no idea what these coaches are thinking. 

Before the season even started, I thought Morris had a great chance to win QB #2, and it was very surprising to see him fall to QB #4. What's even more bizarre is that he is playing better than any healthy quarterback on this team right now. Yet he is last on the depth chart. 

I am hoping here that the team already thinks Morris is going to be the back up QB to Luck when the season starts and are just making sure with Tolzein and then seeing if Walker is even worth a spot to the practice squad or if they need to search. However, knowing the team history and what moves they've made over the years of Pagano, I would highly doubt it. I fear they would cut a young Walter Peyton and keep Trent Richardson based on their evaluation of talent. Pagano and his assistants I think I likely to be looking for new homes next season unless the team has a large change in production and that is with or without Luck at the helm imo. 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Looks like Chuck has grown a spine. It may be too little, too late though, but either way, it looks like he will do everything possible to keep his job. Either way, I hope it results in a new coach, or Pagano learning how to beat the top teams and get us to the playoffs reguarly. Either extreme is fine. This may be the kick in the butt he needs.

Agreed, for me he is just a below average coach, part of a below average coaching team. Our offense has looked pitiful, to use his word, and Pagano should not be absolved of the problem too. Tolzien is taking alot of flack for this poor offense, and some of it is fair, but Pagano and Chud need to take a large share of blame imo, of what has been a nightmare preseason offensively to date.

2 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I saw that and wondered why? I watched the game on the NFL Network and the Cowboy announcers didn't even give the Colts starting lineups and didn't do well in identifying Colts players during plays.  Maybe Chuck wanted to light a fire under Clark's rear?

Sounded to me like he was getting sick of Clark's penalties. He had another holding penalty yesterday that brought back a nice gain on a screen play from Mack 

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

I am hoping here that the team already thinks Morris is going to be the back up QB to Luck when the season starts and are just making sure with Tolzein and then seeing if Walker is even worth a spot to the practice squad or if they need to search. However, knowing the team history and what moves they've made over the years of Pagano, I would highly doubt it. I fear they would cut a young Walter Peyton and keep Trent Richardson based on their evaluation of talent. Pagano and his assistants I think I likely to be looking for new homes next season unless the team has a large change in production and that is with or without Luck at the helm imo. 

I completely understand where you're coming from. It's frustrating.

I don't think the coaching staff would have put Morris at #4 for two straight games had they already pegged him as QB #2. I could see them thinking along those lines in the preseason opener as they've done that several times at other positions. 

Judging from Pagano's post game press conference, I think it is safe to say that Morris has jumped at least one spot up the depth chart.

12 hours ago, IinD said:

I think it's starting to become panic time for him. He knows there aren't many chances left for him as HC of our team.

Coordinators have been changed, GM's have been changed, many players have been changed. The cliches will only go so far.

That axe he chops with will most likely be dropping on him. I don't think in season, but definitely afterwards.

I already think this is his last year and he doesn't have the coaching ability to save himself this year.

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I completely understand where you're coming from. It's frustrating.

I don't think the coaching staff would have put Morris at #4 for two straight games had they already pegged him as QB #2. I could see them thinking along those lines in the preseason opener as they've done that several times at other positions. 

Judging from Pagano's post game press conference, I think it is safe to say that Morris has jumped at least one spot up the depth chart.

I acknowledge that my way of thinking this out is irrational at best. I don't honestly believe the coaches would place him at 4 if he was slated for the second spot, I'm  only hopeful they can tell a talent with potential and a talent with limited upside. 

25 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

What issues did he air??

It is un-Pagano like to criticize players in the media. Yet Pagano is starting to do so.

Some see it as a breakdown in Pagano's confidence, while others see it as Pagano learning to become a tougher coach.  

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

I acknowledge that my way of thinking this out is irrational at best. I don't honestly believe the coaches would place him at 4 if he was slated for the second spot, I'm  only hopeful they can tell a talent with potential and a talent with limited upside. 

Hopefully I did not come off wrong in my response. I figured you were just brainstorming out-loud. I was doing the same.

I certainly understood your logic. :)

14 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Steelers will be up 21 to 0 in 1st quarter if tolzien starts

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Steelers will be up 21 to 0 in 1st quarter if tolzien starts

I had to actually think about what you were saying for a second. 

I am so stuck on the Dallas and Detroit games, that I completely forgot about the Steelers game coming up. I am usually very good about moving on to the next game, especially in the preseason.

I am starting to realize that our situation is worse than what most people want to admit. I think I have known it for a while too; just needed to accept it. Like I said in another thread, we need a royal flush to be the last team standing this year. 

15 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

This is a very different Pagano than we've seen in the past.  Not sure how I feel about it.  I like holding players accountable, but I don't think anything good comes from airing issues out in the media

This doesn't seem to be his character, which bothers me. 

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

It is un-Pagano like to criticize players in the media. Yet Pagano is starting to do so.

Some see it as a breakdown in Pagano's confidence, while others see it as Pagano learning to become a tougher coach.  

Who did he single out,?? I personally like how hes acting! I have heard him voice displeasure for units saying they need to get better, its unacceptably.Which it is. I have not heard him say, so&so sucks? Am i missing something?