Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Basham was a Find... Great Pick, Quincy is a project

AustexColt

Basham will be our starting DE.  The kid has motor, size, speed and long arms. He reminds me of Charles Haley. Basham puts the rush  and Malik fields the pass, - ala the old Ravens days with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed 2.0. Now the defense will score points along with Andrew Luck. That is a winning formula. We still need a Ray Lewis LB!! 

Quincy is a project.... He needs to thicken up and tackle. Watch the Gator vs Bama 2016 tape. The kid basically ran away from tacking the big RB. That is a huge problem.

Both are day 1 starters IMO, but Basham will probably start out as a reserve and the kid is a star caliber talent. Kinda like Dee Ford meets Markus Golden meets Justin Houston. But I think he'll take over for one of Simon or Sheard by the middle of the year. Basham is the real deal, and so is Wilson. I cant believe how underrated Wilson is. We got probably a number 1 corner with him. He's gonna surprise the __ out of people. Man I'm jacked about this team now. Wanted T-Will but Baltimore always knows what they're doing, so they grabbed him and Bowser. There's still some good players on the board too. Marlon Mack with one 4th.

6 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Banner who we just picked needs a lot of work.

Depth.  He's there in case there in an injury because right now Castonzo, Clark, and Good are the tackles.  Good is also viewed as a swing guy so if a guard gets hurt he would probably step in there which would leave them without a backup tackle.  That's where Banner comes in IMO.  

1 hour ago, AustexColt said:

Basham will be our starting DE.  The kid has motor, size, speed and long arms. He reminds me of Charles Haley. Basham puts the rush  and Malik fields the pass, - ala the old Ravens days with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed 2.0. Now the defense will score points along with Andrew Luck. That is a winning formula. We still need a Ray Lewis LB!! 

Quincy is a project.... He needs to thicken up and tackle. Watch the Gator vs Bama 2016 tape. The kid basically ran away from tacking the big RB. That is a huge problem.

He reminds you of Charles Haley?? Holy % what a comparison. 

OK, I just watched every highlight of quincy that I could find.  Not just flash plays but game plays, good, bad, not involved. I have to say I didn't see anything that really got me excited.  Can anyone point me to any tape?  Obviously, the front office, experts know what they see, but from a fan standpoint, I'd love to see something. 

Basham on the other hand was impressive in most all plays.  He has great burst off the line.  Hand in ground or standing up, he looks great. 

2 hours ago, cbear said:

OK, I just watched every highlight of quincy that I could find.  Not just flash plays but game plays, good, bad, not involved. I have to say I didn't see anything that really got me excited.  Can anyone point me to any tape?  Obviously, the front office, experts know what they see, but from a fan standpoint, I'd love to see something. 

Basham on the other hand was impressive in most all plays.  He has great burst off the line.  Hand in ground or standing up, he looks great. 

Isn't that really the job of a corner? If he's doing his job well you don't notice him.

Whereas Basham was  defensive end, it was his job to be disruptive. If you don't notice him that's a problem.

e350vwld2euy.jpg

2 hours ago, cbear said:

???

6 hours ago, cbear said:

Did you watch the Florida state and Missouri games? I thought they both were impressive. He sticks to WRs. He flips his hips great for being 6'1. He doesn't lose any speed from backpedal to sprint. Only 20 years old.

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Depth.  He's there in case there in an injury because right now Castonzo, Clark, and Good are the tackles.  Good is also viewed as a swing guy so if a guard gets hurt he would probably step in there which would leave them without a backup tackle.  That's where Banner comes in IMO.  

according to many, he will play nothing but right tackle for us -- which is who he is.

3 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Did you watch the Florida state and Missouri games? I thought they both were impressive. He sticks to WRs. He flips his hips great for being 6'1. He doesn't lose any speed from backpedal to sprint. Only 20 years old.

Thanks.  I will try to find that game.  Not saying he's a bad pick.  I'm just wanting to see some tape that shows what people and stats say about him to be true. 

5 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Just watched those games. Found one against u mass also.  Thanks again. Don't know how I missed those.  He is very good, and I could see him starting day 1.  Watched the Alabama game again.  I think his poor tackling in that game soured me a bit, but coverage wise, he did well accept for a couple plays.  Color me excited now!