Luck12-to-Hilton13

REPORT: Seahawks willing to TRADE Richard Sherman

34 posts in this topic

Probably not for what they will want IMHO.  Now if it was say just a 3rd or 4th rounder, then perhaps.  But I doubt they will just let him walk for that low of a pick.  I would assume at least one 1st rounder would have to be offered?  I'm not sure how well he fits our scheme either.

We seem to have a need at CB high on our draft board, from what I've read. Sherman is also age 28, which fits Ballard's apparent trend of recent signing's (excluding Butler), so it wouldn't be completely unusual for the Colts to pursue him. It would take probably a 1st rounder though, but if we're using that on a CB anyways, for an age 28 player, maybe it wouldn't be too crazy.

Highly doubt it lol plus there'd have to be something wrong for them to trade thier best corner 

I think Sherman was also hurt for several weeks to end the year last season.

Also no way this happens with us, I highly doubt Ballard would go there......like really doubt it.

You have to ask why they are open to trading for him. It's either 1) he's not as good as perceived or 2) they see the CB talent in this draft and know they can replace him with a 1st round pick from a trade.

So if they want a first round pick for him I would pass and potentially use that pick on a CB

I'll trade Dwayne Allen straight up for Richard Sherman.

Oh wait.........

(sorry I promise sometime this offseason I stop with the Allen jokes)

1 person likes this

Would he fit our man to man scheme? We don't really have any outstanding safety's that will help him out like Seattle does.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

Would he fit our man to man scheme? We don't really have any outstanding safety's that will help him out like Seattle does.

That's a good point.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

That's a good point.

He's a good player though but I would just be worried how he would fit in our defense. I'm pretty sure we take a corner in the lower rounds of the draft. We're kinda wide open there.

For a second rounder, yes. Like Superman pointed out, he does not have much guaranteed money left on his contract and I believe he can give us 2 years easily. Besides, it is not like we play man-to-man all the time. Even Vontae Davis gets safety help (however good or bad it might be) sometimes and there is plenty of zone that we play, mixing up Cover 2 and Cover 3 at times, IMO.

Some of you guys act like he is a bum without good safety help which he is not. The bigger issue, more than his money and skills, would be whether he fits in the Midwest profile of laying low, which he hands down WILL NOT. :)  However, for a soft team like ours lacking attitude on D, he might be good.

Doesn't Sherman excel at zone defense while we use a man to man philosophy with our corners?

I don't think he'd fit into our defense all that well.

I'd much rather go to the draft.  

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

For a second rounder, yes. Like Superman pointed out, he does not have much guaranteed money left on his contract and I believe he can give us 2 years easily. Besides, it is not like we play man-to-man all the time. Even Vontae Davis gets safety help (however good or bad it might be) sometimes and there is plenty of zone that we play, mixing up Cover 2 and Cover 3 at times, IMO.

Some of you guys act like he is a bum without good safety help which he is not. The bigger issue, more than his money and skills, would be whether he fits in the Midwest profile of laying low, which he hands down WILL NOT. :)  However, for a soft team like ours lacking attitude on D, he might be good.

The David Parry profile of laying low?

If he leaves Seattle, he loses out on getting ignored for pass interference calls at home in their stadium. 

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Doesn't Sherman excel at zone defense while we use a man to man philosophy with our corners?

I don't think he'd fit into our defense all that well.

I'd much rather go to the draft.  

Seahawks play mostly pattern matching cover 3. Sherman's role is closer to man to man corner than typical zone corner.

I'd rather go to the draft but not because I'd have doubts about Shermans abilities outside of Seattle.

1 hour ago, Synthetic said:

If he leaves Seattle, he loses out on getting ignored for pass interference calls at home in their stadium. 

That actually sounds funny but it's true. Seattle gets BIG TIME CALLS in Seattle. And we saw it vs. Atlanta last year in Seattle.

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I would trade our No.1 for Richard Sherman in a minute

Dude.......come on.

10 minutes ago, Jules said:

Dude.......come on.

Richard Sherman?./.....lets get real.

....Top corner...in his prime.....no brainer

Its like asking would I trade my No.1 for JJ Watt

id give our second for sherman, i dont see why the seahawks would take it though

i would not give our first for him at this time, i would want to wait until draft day and see what the board looks like

we could get a good corner with that pick ourselves

plus sherman mostly plays zone

33 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I am actually surprised the Texans dont entertain offers on Watt.  He has back issues and he may never be the same.  They could get some value out of him. A 1 and a 3 or something like that.  And they were pretty good without him.  

JMO

1 person likes this

44 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He is a zone corner

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Not totally....He can cover m-t-m...we've all seen it

They don't do it often

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They don't do it often

I agree...but Ithink he could adjust to being on 'an island'

He was hurt late last year....and his attitude is  well.....volatile.....

.....but what's our pick...#15?    I'd take that trade if Seattle really wants to move him;

I believe he is the best corner in the league and his man coverage ability is underrated. He has been used to shadow opponents' number one and has been great in that role, he's just better as a cover 3 left cornerback. That said, I wouldn't want to give up a first for him. I would for a second, but I doubt Seattle would take anything less than a first. 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

I believe he is the best corner in the league and his man coverage ability is underrated. He has been used to shadow opponents' number one and has been great in that role, he's just better as a cover 3 left cornerback. That said, I wouldn't want to give up a first for him. I would for a second, but I doubt Seattle would take anything less than a first. 

why wouldnt you give up the 15th pick ion the draft for a 'lets just say above average' starting cornerback in his prime?

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

why wouldnt you give up the 15th pick ion the draft for a 'lets just say above average' starting cornerback in his prime?

I think that's sarcasm, but he's definitely better than above average. He may be in his prime but how long does that prime last? He'll be turning 29 in a few days and corners tend to start falling off a bit around 30. He has a cap hit of $13 million for the next two years, then when he's 30 he'll still cost a lot of money to keep. It's just too much of a risk for me. It may be cliche, but I want to build through the draft. Trading for him would not be what puts us on top so I wouldn't be willing to offer more than a second. 

4 hours ago, Jules said:

That actually sounds funny but it's true. Seattle gets BIG TIME CALLS in Seattle. And we saw it vs. Atlanta last year in Seattle.

And the Buffalo game too where Sherman tried to kill the field goal kicker and no call. 

This past year, Seattle was heavily penalized repeatedly against the Saints on the road in the Superdome. They lost that game and Sherman complained about the refs. They also had similar calls against Green Bay. When Seattle is at home, they can get away with murder. 

21 minutes ago, Colt-in-Jax said:

Swap of #1 picks with MAYBE a 5th thrown in. It's not just the talent it's the big contract to.

The contract isn't that big.

No thanks.

Not worth the loss of draft picks, the big contract (11/12m per the next 2 years), the headache of having him in the locker room, his media coverage, the constant PI calls he'd get for the assault and battery on wideouts that he somehow gets away with in Seattle.

The CB class is loaded. We don't need a high priced, grabby 29yo CB.

1 person likes this