Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts decide not to re-sign Adams

tvturner

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing us release so many players on defense makes me think the draft will truly be BPA on defense. What we don't know yet is who Ballard will sign on defense in FA and at what position. We are gutting a poor defense and rebuilding it. I hope we get a couple high profile FA's and a few high draft picks on defense. Could go a long way in starting the rebuild in just one year if done right.

14 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

13 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

I don't mind this at all. Adams is the man, and I'll never forget some of those memorable plays he had. Like the pick 6 against Tom Brady, but he's old. We gotta get younger. Excited to see how they address the situation. Lots of options in FA and specifically the draft. 

Not surprised but I do wish we'd bring him back on a vet minimum at least for depth.  That said, thank you Mike Adams and good luck to you.

53 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes, he might have been his best free agent pickup.  

Like key I said before Mike played well here but the time is right to move on from him.  Father Time remains undefeated.

Frank Gore is trying to give him a run for his money! Sadly I think he will fail. 

The one thing I can gather from this thread, as well as lots of other threads, is that it would absolutely suck to be a rookie for the Colts, playing in front of the Indianapolis fanbase. I can't imagine how it would be enjoyable at all. Basically everyone's a bust unless they have some insane type of rookie season.

21 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The one thing I can gather from this thread, as well as lots of other threads, is that it would absolutely suck to be a rookie for the Colts, playing in front of the Indianapolis fanbase. I can't imagine how it would be enjoyable at all. Basically everyone's a bust unless they have some insane type of rookie season.

You may be safe if you're drafted in the 5th, or later.

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He has a point. Let's meet in the middle and say Green was a 4th round pick. Maybe he lasts there, maybe he doesn't. Probably not, but for the sake of argument, lets say he does. Basically, that means we get Green in the 4th (closer to where he's supposed to go), and instead of Antonio Morrison and TJ Green, we get someone like Deion Jones or Cody Whitehair (two people at positions of need). I'm speaking in hindsight, but I also don't know one person who wanted Green, or thought Green was a good pick last year. Sometimes, the simplest decision is the best decision. Don't get cute, go BPA, stick to the gameplan. As a 2nd round pick, he's been a bust to the team in year one because of where he was taken and who he could of potentially cost us.

I honestly think Grigson was trying to satisfy his staff with the Green pick. It was reported someone was standing on a table yelling for the kid. It has also been said that Grigson didn't listen to Pagano in helping him build his defense. Can't say for sure but to me Green is on Pagano...and the fact that someone was willing to put their neck out for the kid means they must see things that we don't in the kid....lets hope they are right because we could use a special talent like that on defense....but I think Grigson wasn't getting cute...I think he knew Green was too high with our pick....decided to do the GM thing in trading back and still getting the coach's guy. Grigson had a pretty nice draft last year...lets give credit where its due. He found us 3 starting quality lineman. He got a rotatonal dl....two lbs that played....and Green that started....heck even Blythe started...now I know the team was bad but dang that's a lot of contribution. I could be entirely wrong but I see Green as throwing Pagano a bone...in the end it didn't matter but it was a peace offering to me.

Oh and Adams was a baller for us. Excellent play!! That said it was the right time to move on...his play last year while respectable was declining. Thank you Mike!!

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I honestly think Grigson was trying to satisfy his staff with the Green pick. It was reported someone was standing on a table yelling for the kid. It has also been said that Grigson didn't listen to Pagano in helping him build his defense. Can't say for sure but to me Green is on Pagano...and the fact that someone was willing to put their neck out for the kid means they must see things that we don't in the kid....lets hope they are right because we could use a special talent like that on defense....but I think Grigson wasn't getting cute...I think he knew Green was too high with our pick....decided to do the GM thing in trading back and still getting the coach's guy. Grigson had a pretty nice draft last year...lets give credit where its due. He found us 3 starting quality lineman. He got a rotatonal dl....two lbs that played....and Green that started....heck even Blythe started...now I know the team was bad but dang that's a lot of contribution. I could be entirely wrong but I see Green as throwing Pagano a bone...in the end it didn't matter but it was a peace offering to me.

He very well could of been doing it to satisfy the staff. The last draft was solid, which makes me wonder if he got lucky or if he started to figure it out. We'll never know now. That's funny that someone was standing on a table, yelling to pick Green, lol. As you said, at least we traded back, so we were able to get Morrison and Blythe as well. Better than just taking him at our original pick. Right now, I'll give the Green the benefit of the doubt as he's a WR converted to S, so it'll take time. I don't expect him to do what Landon Collins did in year 2 though like a few people here.

Also perspective on the Green pick. Not only are there guys with similar attributes in this draft but there are guys who have been playing the position longer.

Also John Ross makes you look at the Dorsett pick the same way. Grigson made it sound like a WR with 4.3 speed was just too rare to pass on. Then here comes John Ross who had a 4.22 at the same size BUT had the college PRODUCTION TO MATCH.

Basically we reached because of speed twice and got burned for it. Mike Adams' release really brings that fact to light now. You can't roll into 2016 with Green as your starting center fielder. And there's no one in FA except maybe Cyprien but you'd have to overpay.

21 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Also perspective on the Green pick. Not only are there guys with similar attributes in this draft but there are guys who have been playing the position longer.

Also John Ross makes you look at the Dorsett pick the same way. Grigson made it sound like a WR with 4.3 speed was just too rare to pass on. Then here comes John Ross who had a 4.22 at the same size BUT had the college PRODUCTION TO MATCH.

Basically we reached because of speed twice and got burned for it. Mike Adams' release really brings that fact to light now. You can't roll into 2016 with Green as your starting center fielder. And there's no one in FA except maybe Cyprien but you'd have to overpay.

Those measurables will prolly start being more normal in this day and age too so it's gonna make the picks look even worse.

20 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Those measurables will prolly start being more normal in this day and age too so it's gonna make the picks look even worse.

Precisely. The CBs and safeties are getting bigger and bigger. And now these bigger guys are fast. It's really bad scouting to jump all over Green because you thought his skill set was so unique. Especially when literally the very next draft you got like 10 guys at 220 running 4.4 40s with BETTER tape.

I bet the teams that reached on those long CBs like Eric Rowe, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, and T.Y. McGill feel the same way looking at this class.

22 minutes ago, Rick_Grimes said:

It's time to move on. We have Geathers and Green.

I wouldn't mind picking Peppers at 15 :D

You feel confident in Geathers and Green?

I think we need a veteran to fill this gap.