Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How much longer will you watch NFL?

Chrisaaron1023

11 hours ago, Synthetic said:

I'll watch until the Saints leave the NOLA area if that is a true possibility considering the future of our owner and management. If my team leaves, then I will stop watching for good. 

I don't have a problem with the Patriots winning #5 or #6. At least someone is going to rub it in Roger Goodell's face. When he's finally out of the door, the league will be a better place. 

lol oooh Saints fan. I get it now... they punished y'all pretty bad

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/24/2017 at 0:46 PM, DaColts85 said:

Greed hurts and with the atrocity of Thursday night football it shows they care about money over the product.  I enjoy the game but every year they want to do something to degrade the product and soon they will have the young generation not caring anymore.

You can thank Roger Goodell for that garbage.  If there is one tiny silver lining in this Patriot's superbowl victory, it's the fact that he has a lot of egg on his face.  

I wouldn't be surprised if this NE win affects viewership of games.

alot of people are tired of them winning. I didn't  watch overtime cuz there was no way i was gonna risk throwin the remote thru the tv.

the outcome has somehow made me less excited about football in general. I'm hoping that changes come draft time but it gets old seeing the same result.  Especially since every one of their titles is linked to some kind of underhanded play or scandal it seems.

we were always told cheaters never win.  Its frustrating to think that doesnt apply here.  What a letdown.

It depends if the refs keep taking over and changing the games so blatantly like they did this year I will probably quit watching soon rather than later.

Too many times this year you see the refs make a call that completely changes the momentum of the game.  This is not the first time I've mentioned this on the forum.  But it even happened in the SB last night.  Atlanta scores a TD goes up 14-0 then the D comes out and holds NE to a 3 and out oh but a penalty 1st down.  Atlanta holds them again on 3rd down, oh but another penalty that gives NE a 1st down, Atlanta holds them agaim... yup you guessed another penalty that gives NE a 1st down.  End result is Atlanta O didn't take the field for over an hour and lost any rhythm and momentum they had.

The refs this year were pathetic in how much they influenced the game and then the announcers were just as bad trying to find different ways to say the refs were correct often times contradicting themselves.  I don't whether or not it is but from watching the games common sense indicates the games are fixed to a degree.

I dunno. I think I might be done with football for awhile until the hoodie and golden boy ride off into the sunset. 

It just doesn't feel fun anymore to me. I'll still follow the Colts, and try to watch their games as best I can. But as far as other games? Nope. As far as the post-season? Nope. We most likely already know the outcome for next year. Let's face it, there are no teams even close to competing in the AFC. 

I didn't watch last night. I had someone tell me about how the Falcons were winning and that I should turn it on, but I knew they would find a way.

Almost reminds me of the Michael Jordan days. My family being massive Pacers fans would sit through championship after championship. They hated that guy. Respected the heck out of him, but they sure loathed watching him win over and over again.

On 1/24/2017 at 0:46 PM, DaColts85 said:

Greed hurts and with the atrocity of Thursday night football it shows they care about money over the product.  I enjoy the game but every year they want to do something to degrade the product and soon they will have the young generation not caring anymore.

I have to agree. With the Thursday night games and the London and Mexico City games, the level playing field is gone. It's a ruse. As a fan I will put up with it but I certainly don't like it.

27 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

It depends if the refs keep taking over and changing the games so blatantly like they did this year I will probably quit watching soon rather than later.

Too many times this year you see the refs make a call that completely changes the momentum of the game.  This is not the first time I've mentioned this on the forum.  But it even happened in the SB last night.  Atlanta scores a TD goes up 14-0 then the D comes out and holds NE to a 3 and out oh but a penalty 1st down.  Atlanta holds them again on 3rd down, oh but another penalty that gives NE a 1st down, Atlanta holds them agaim... yup you guessed another penalty that gives NE a 1st down.  End result is Atlanta O didn't take the field for over an hour and lost any rhythm and momentum they had.

The refs this year were pathetic in how much they influenced the game and then the announcers were just as bad trying to find different ways to say the refs were correct often times contradicting themselves.  I don't whether or not it is but from watching the games common sense indicates the games are fixed to a degree.

I am a Patriot hater but I will say that on replay those holding penalties on ATL were legit. I'm not sure why the ATL defenders did it play after play. It seemed insane. Maybe that is how they were coached. I kept looking for the ATL DC to pull #34 from the game for a few plays to let him know that his approach was not working. It, of course, never happened.

Last 2 years watched only Colts game and caught other games if I were home etc. 

Followed the Broncos because of Peyton and 49ers because of the wife.

Since the kneeling of Kaepernick, the circus with suspending Brady, and the non-competiveness of games..it isn't just any given Sunday anymore, NFL just isn't as exciting. Everything feels scripted... even the Manning SB win

10 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

I am a Patriot hater but I will say that on replay those holding penalties on ATL were legit. I'm not sure why the ATL defenders did it play after play. It seemed insane. Maybe that is how they were coached. I kept looking for the ATL DC to pull #34 from the game for a few plays to let him know that his approach was not working. It, of course, never happened.

They grabbed Jersey`s all game long. No doubt it is how they are coached.

Quinn brought that from Seattle.  It worked until it didn`t.
 I too was smiling haha when it was 28-3. Ugh! :argh: Oh well, it was EXCITING!!

28 minutes ago, jjcolts said:

Since the kneeling of Kaepernick, the circus with suspending Brady, and the non-competiveness of games..it isn't just any given Sunday anymore, NFL just isn't as exciting. Everything feels scripted... even the Manning SB win

It really does

38 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

The first one was pretty ticky tack, the 2nd one was legit and the third both players were grabbing and pushing.  But if you watch the game, the refs did not call those numerous times through out the game on both team but they chose right then to call them.

Same thing with the holding call that took Atlanta out of FG range at the end.  it was a blatant holding call no doubt.  But a pats defender also had a blatant facemask that was not called.  Is it possible the ref, who is standing upfield and watching the players along the sideline, missed it?  Possible but more likely he didn't call it because it would have result in a redo of 3rd down and no loss of yards.

39 minutes ago, jjcolts said:

Since the kneeling of Kaepernick, the circus with suspending Brady, and the non-competiveness of games..it isn't just any given Sunday anymore, NFL just isn't as exciting. Everything feels scripted... even the Manning SB win

It's been going on longer than Kap.  Last year when there was the big deal about Hochuli(sp?) and Newton (saying you're not old enough to get that call). I said then that I bet Carolina is going to the SB this year because I think a backroom deal was made that if Newton dropped it the NFL would make sure they got to the SB.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this NE win affects viewership of games.

alot of people are tired of them winning. I didn't  watch overtime cuz there was no way i was gonna risk throwin the remote thru the tv.

the outcome has somehow made me less excited about football in general. I'm hoping that changes come draft time but it gets old seeing the same result.  Especially since every one of their titles is linked to some kind of underhanded play or scandal it seems.

we were always told cheaters never win.  Its frustrating to think that doesnt apply here.  What a letdown.

Totally get what your saying I went to lay down for bed last night and I just didn't really give a damn about football it's sad I absolutely love it but I can't enjoy it with these dirt bags in the league 

52 minutes ago, jjcolts said:

Thank you it really feels like a big damn soap opera with a script anymore it's a big joke 

42 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

They grabbed Jersey`s all game long. No doubt it is how they are coached.

Quinn brought that from Seattle.  It worked until it didn`t.
 I too was smiling haha when it was 28-3. Ugh! :argh: Oh well, it was EXCITING!!

Exciting for sure, but in the wrong way. My stomach was in knots the entire time once it got to 28-12. Every camera shot of Matty "Ice" on the ATL bench after that made me cringe. He looked so uptight to me. The opposite of loose.

29 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

The first one was pretty ticky tack, the 2nd one was legit and the third both players were grabbing and pushing.  But if you watch the game, the refs did not call those numerous times through out the game on both team but they chose right then to call them.

Same thing with the holding call that took Atlanta out of FG range at the end.  it was a blatant holding call no doubt.  But a pats defender also had a blatant facemask that was not called.  Is it possible the ref, who is standing upfield and watching the players along the sideline, missed it?  Possible but more likely he didn't call it because it would have result in a redo of 3rd down and no loss of yards.

I certainly agree with you about the missed face mask penalty. That was very blatant. The Falcons never should have been in that 3rd and long situation anyway.

The Falcons never should have dropped back to pass on 2nd and 1 when they were at the back end of FG range. A FG would have about iced it. Horrible play call! I put the blame squarely on the Falcons. 

1 hour ago, jjcolts said:

It really does feel scripted.  Also, like you said, the presentation of the NFL is becoming more about storylines and nonsense than the game itself. 

Luckily for myself, the Cubbies won the World Series, which took about half of the NFL season.  Also the IU football program is getting better, so I tend to follow college more than in the past.  At this point, I prefer college football.  Overtime is more fair and it is much less commercial driven.  

I still watch most of the Colts' games on satellite, but not as faithfully as I used to. Most of the other games I don't bother with anymore. They're just not all that interesting. Maybe it's because those games are starting to look more like "wrestling entertainment" and less like football. Every player now has to have his own choreographed "sack dance", or "touchdown dance", or even just a "look at me I just made a play" dance. All of the chest pounding and mugging for the close-up on the giant LED screen is ridiculous. 

Fans have to take some of the blame too. They would rather see the "big hit" that knocks a guy out of his cleats and rings his bell than a well-executed tackle. Who cares if both of them wind up with traumatic brain injuries and spend their "golden years" trying to remember the names of their kids?

Then there is the oversaturation of the product itself. Thanks to satellite, every game is on TV every week. Games in Mexico City. Games in London. Sunday Night Football. Monday Night Football. Thursday night games with those ridiculous "color rush" unis. The NFL is on TV more than that guy who desperately wants to sell you an $89 pillow. 

I'm starting to enjoy college football a whole lot more than the NFL lately. I'd rather see a bunch of kids playing for tuition money, and playing the game more like it was meant to be played. Outdoors. On real grass. On a crisp fall afternoon. Sorry, NFL. You're losing me. 

14 minutes ago, Corndog said:

It really does feel scripted.  Also, like you said, the presentation of the NFL is becoming more about storylines and nonsense than the game itself. 

It's like they pick the playoff team that gives them the best story and they push them all the way to the SB 

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

It's like they pick the playoff team that gives them the best story and they push them all the way to the SB 

Exactly and this was obviously the Patriots this season.  Then you put them against a non-polarizing team like the Falcons, who are going to be a fan favorite due to Atlanta's lack of championships with generally likeable players.  The Packers and Cowboys were too polarizing to be the good guys in this game. 

But if you think about it, this has been out of hand for a while.  The Giants vs the Patriots was the beginning of the "good guy/bad guy" pro wrestling dynamic of the Superbowl.  Then we had the Colts portrayed as villains against the Saints, who were fighting to avenge Hurricane Katrina, and they never mentioned Manning grew up in freaking Louisiana. 

17 minutes ago, Corndog said:

Exactly and this was obviously the Patriots this season.  Then you put them against a non-polarizing team like the Falcons, who are going to be a fan favorite due to Atlanta's lack of championships with generally likeable players.  The Packers and Cowboys were too polarizing to be the good guys in this game. 

But if you think about it, this has been out of hand for a while.  The Giants vs the Patriots was the beginning of the "good guy/bad guy" pro wrestling dynamic of the Superbowl.  Then we had the Colts portrayed as villains against the Saints, who were fighting to avenge Hurricane Katrina, and they never mentioned Manning grew up in freaking Louisiana. 

Agreed Ray Lewis going out on top then the whole David and Goliath giants Pats crap it's a joke 

3 hours ago, Buddy Lee said:

Refs, unfortunately, can determine the outcome of games. I think the Falcons blew this one however.

There is this about refs:

From The Sporting News January, 2004 regarding the Colts-Patriots AFC championship game following the 2003 season...

"After the fact, the league office quietly admitted that Walt Coleman's crew missed six calls against the Patriots in the AFC championship game, including a defensive holding on third down with 1:51 remaining in the game, and a pass interference on the subsequent fourth down. The Patriots led 21-14 at the time. 

The victim on both non-calls was Colts TE Marcus Pollard. Officials also admit holding by Patriots G Joe Andruzzi on Colts DE Robert Mathis was missed on a fourth-and-9 that the Patriots converted in the second quarter. The Patriots ended the drive with a field goal for a 13-0 lead"

It makes you wonder

4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I think common sense indicates the refs need to be better trained and should be full time employees. I highly doubt the NFL wants to risk the legitimacy of a multi Billion dollar business by rigging games....especially since they would have rigged a lot for the pats over the years, a team the league is supposed to  um, dislike, and that America hates:

"I know guys, everyone outside new England hates Brady and the pats, so lets rig some games to make them the greatest dynasty in NFL history, brandy the goat, and BB the best coach of all time. If we get caught we'll get screwed, but at least we will have pissed off 85% of the fans"

sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it? Now, take the pats out of the equation and ask if they'd risk the money printing machine they have for ANY team....the answer, is no in my opinion.

If you watched the game last night, the PI calls were legit, the holding call was legit. go back and watch it.

final thought: I now know how colts fans felt after the 06 AFCCG. It's a great feeling.

On 1/25/2017 at 2:54 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You don't hate the Pats like I do so it's different. Watching the same team win every season is boring and sucks when you see the same team in it every year. I felt the same way about Basketball in the 90's when the Bulls took the fun out of it because everyone already knew who was going to win it all. If the Pats lose to the Falcons I would be shocked. So they win again this season and then what? Same crap next season lmao. Don't see it changing with that Coach and QB. Peyton was really the only guy that could throw a wrench into it over the last few years.

Well I agree with everything you said but another Manning threw a wrench a couple of  SB  :lol:      Thought that was great also.

4 minutes ago, Susie Q said:

Well I agree with everything you said but another Manning threw a wrench a couple of  SB  :lol:      Thought that was great also.

I knew what would happen last night, really did. Now when it was 28-3 I was thinking I could be wrong but I still honestly believed Tom could comeback even from that. The Pats always pull some kind of miracle out lmao. I had it 34-24 and it was 34-28

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Totally get what your saying I went to lay down for bed last night and I just didn't really give a damn about football it's sad I absolutely love it but I can't enjoy it with these dirt bags in the league 

We have a high school in my area (southern columbia in pa)

who's football team has won like 5 of the last 10 state championships.   Henry hynoski (giants) went there.  The district "pushes" students of the district to a vo-tech school that services several districts.  This particular district does it so they effectively lower enrollment and are able to then compete in a division (2 lower than they should be in) that has districts with FAR fewer students.  The school doesn't "persuade" the athlete to go to vo-tech, they just encourage everyone else to go there.  This is like the "patriot way".  Push the envelope until you are busted.  

Just think of all those kids pushed into career fields they really have no interest in.  Also, fewer vo-tech kids go to college than regular high school.  Its just not ethical.  Very disappointing too.

Theres another scool in the area that gives good jobs at a hydro-electric plant to parents of good athletes.  They move there from all over the country to kinda get paid (at least their parents do) to play HS football. ( Berwick, pa. ) They too have won championships

and guys to n pros.  Tacky.

48 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

We have a high school in my area (southern columbia in pa)

who's football team has won like 5 of the last 10 state championships.   Henry hynoski (giants) went there.  The district "pushes" students of the district to a vo-tech school that services several districts.  This particular district does it so they effectively lower enrollment and are able to then compete in a division (2 lower than they should be in) that has districts with FAR fewer students.  The school doesn't "persuade" the athlete to go to vo-tech, they just encourage everyone else to go there.  This is like the "patriot way".  Push the envelope until you are busted.  

Just think of all those kids pushed into career fields they really have no interest in.  Also, fewer vo-tech kids go to college than regular high school.  Its just not ethical.  Very disappointing too.

Theres another scool in the area that gives good jobs at a hydro-electric plant to parents of good athletes.  They move there from all over the country to kinda get paid (at least their parents do) to play HS football. ( Berwick, pa. ) They too have won championships

and guys to n pros.  Tacky.

That's sad 

I still enjoy watching  games. It always helps if you team is winning more, but I still enjoy it. I'll admit that this season was kind of dull for the Colts at least. Like, can we get at least one awesome come-from-behind win? We were just average all year save for a few games we either dominated or got dominated. We never had that high-end blow-for-blow showdown with any teams this year. I think our team just looked tired and uninspired. I hope we can get younger these next few years and get the culture back on track. 

I don't think I'll stop watching, but having seasons like this one where the Patriots are penciled into the Super Bowl from the start and go on a rampage really sucks a lot of energy out of it. 2010 was like that, they were 14-2 and looked Sherman-esque until being shocked by the Jets. 2014 was also like that, after the Chiefs drubbing they blew out nearly everyone in sight. I mean, most of my thoughts going into 2014 was always cancelled out by "Yeah, but the Pats got Darrelle Revis, so what difference is that going to make?"