Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This team can beat any other team in the league on a given day

DalTXColtsFan

I'm not saying that with blinders or blue koolaid influence - it's true.  When Luck gets hot he's unstoppable.  The defense has its weaknesses (particularly pass rush and LBs covering TEs) but they held Denver to 20 points (the offense gave up the other 14) and held SD to 12 points (the offense gave up the other 10).

Eventually, there's going to be a game where all of our key players are healthy and game-tough, and all phases of the game show up on the same day and start playing well from the first second of the first quarter.  When that happens, I don't want to be the other team.

Obviously, there are teams that can beat *us* on any given day.  New England is always a matchup nightmare for us with Gronk vs. our LBs, Edelman and Amendola on those *@(#@( crossing routes and a well-coached defense (but we wouldn't face them until the playoffs).  Pittsburgh is always a nightmare with how they can beat our defense with Brown, Bell and Miller.  And I'm not going to overlook Oakland - they have a LOT of talent.

There's enough TALENT on this team to beat Jax, Tenn, Hou, Buff, Chi, Minn, and KC for sure - in every single one of those games, if Pagano gets the boys ready to play they'll win.  It's on him.  Oak, GB, Pitt - those are going to be hard games to win (like Denver was a hard game to win, but one the Colts had their chances to win).

I can see this team making a deep run into the playoffs.  It's a matter of keeping guys healthy and well-coached.

6 minutes ago, runthepost said:

We losing to Minn their D will demolish the O line.

I actually like the matchup against Minn.  They have a below-average passing game which means they won't be able to expose our team's greatest weakness (no pass rush).  If our offense can score 20 against Denver they can score 20+ against Minnesota.  If SD couldn't score more than 12 points against us Minnesota won't score 20.

Having said that, you're right that it won't be easy.  It's going to come down to which coach does the better job of getting his players ready to play.

17 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Yeah and unfortunately any team in the NFL could say the same of us. 

I was going to say the same thing. But with that being said, I think we have the potential to surprise some teams(hopefully Geathers play/attitude will rub off on the rest of the D), especially now that Jones and others will be coming back. 

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

How is Minnesota not going to be a hard game to win? They're shutting down MVP QBs and making it look easy without Bridgewater and AP.

I had the Raiders/Vikings as my sleeper teams. Shame about Bridgewater, been following him since he was ballin' across the Ohio from me at UofL. Their scoring cannon can be heard from my house frequently!

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I realize this is a bit off-topic, but that big pass play to Chester Rodgers yesterday that got called back, who was the penalty on, was it Doyle? I was watching at a bar with no volume, so I wasn't totally clear as to who got the penalty called on them.

It was Offensive PI on Rogers. Just terrible. I thought after that call we may lose.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was Offensive PI on Rogers. Just terrible. I thought after that call we may lose.

I thought it was Doyle, they focused on him right after they threw the flag, but I couldn't tell. Penalties are still an issue with this team, which is very problematic because it seems like the offense is the culprit more times than not, and they really should be more disciplined by now. That was an absolute drive killer. Wasn't it like 2nd down and 40 at one point during that possession?

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I thought it was Doyle, they focused on him right after they threw the flag, but I couldn't tell. Penalties are still an issue with this team, which is very problematic because it seems like the offense is culprit more times than not. That was an absolute drive killer. Wasn't it like 2nd down and 40 at one point during that possession?

The long pass to Rogers was PI on him but then Doyle had a holding call too which made it 2nd and 40

7 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

lol disagree about the team equals trolling?  being a bandwagon fan, and so-on. It's crazy anytime someone doesn't blindly follow along on then they are somehow "not a real fan"

I don't have a problem with someone bashing the team when we play bad but when the team wins it seems like certain people have a problem with the fans that are positive responding back. Hey if we lose talk it up if you are that type of fan, but if we win then let the games begin. It doesn't work one way, it works both ways.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

haha I actually cant argue that because we haven't proven we can beat them. Belichick is pretty amazing.

I actually don't agree with that - they only beat us by 7 last year and part of that was the gift on that horrible fake punt.  Just a couple more breaks go a different way and we're looking at a different outcome.

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

lol disagree about the team equals trolling?  being a bandwagon fan, and so-on. It's crazy anytime someone doesn't blindly follow along on then they are somehow "not a real fan"

Absolutely not. Disagreeing with the team or criticizing the team  IS part of being a fan of that team.  Matter of fact, I disagree with the team a lot.

The ones I'm calling trolls and bandwagon fans are those posters who only show up to complain. It's the ones who show up, not knowing half the starting roster, then make comments criticizing the team and saying the team should trade/sign PLAYER xyz because it worked in Madden..... It's the ones who only show up when the team loses or even when it wins and trash talk the team beyond reasonable limits.  Its the ones who have no idea what football is outside of Madden/TV and try to criticize players,teams, gms, coaches etc.

In a nutshell, its the over the top, nonsense posting posters I'm referring too. The ones who's posts are so off basis, it makes you wonder if they have ever even seen a football 

23 hours ago, Gavin said:

If Bradford can stay healthy behind that Vikings O Line (which is a very slim chance behind an O Line that is not playing good this year) they are actually more dangerous with Bradford than they would be with Bridgewater I think 

I was actually reading a report on B/R when the Vikings traded for Bradford where Matt Miller said that players in the division had contacted him saying they weren't happy about the Bridgewater injury. Apparently they said Bridgewater is a lot easier to control because of how he just manages the game and doesn't force them to have to play honestly. You may be on to something there.

On 9/26/2016 at 10:14 AM, DalTXColtsFan said:

I'm not saying that with blinders or blue koolaid influence - it's true.  When Luck gets hot he's unstoppable.  The defense has its weaknesses (particularly pass rush and LBs covering TEs) but they held Denver to 20 points (the offense gave up the other 14) and held SD to 12 points (the offense gave up the other 10).

I understand your point, but you do realize it is quite the oxymoron to say we can beat anybody while pointing out our offense is the worse defense in the NFL.  Doesn't quite add up.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I was actually reading a report on B/R when the Vikings traded for Bradford where Matt Miller said that players in the division had contacted him saying they weren't happy about the Bridgewater injury. Apparently they said Bridgewater is a lot easier to control because of how he just manages the game and doesn't force them to have to play honestly. You may be on to something there.

He is a dink and dunk QB because he is very inaccurate with the deep ball.....Turns out Bradford has been to

2014- 13 for 40 passes 21+ yards

2015- 11 for 43 passes 21+ yards

Combined 24 for 83 passes 21+ yards......28.9%

Bradford:

10-39

15-40

17-59

6-21

11-46

2-4

61-209

29.1% I lied. According to ESPN stats Bradfords hardly been any better if they are accurate

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/13197/year/2013

33 minutes ago, tikyle said:

I understand your point, but you do realize it is quite the oxymoron to say we can beat anybody while pointing out our offense is the worse defense in the NFL.  Doesn't quite add up.

Because those mistakes by the offense can be cleaned up through coaching.  Eventually there's going to be a day where the offense that showed up against Detroit and the defense that showed up against SD are going to show up on the same day and start playing well from the first snap.  Do you want to be the other team when that happens?

On 9/26/2016 at 9:33 AM, Dustin said:

Yeah and unfortunately any team in the NFL could say the same of us. 

Let's say for the sake of argument that you're either New England, Denver, Baltimore or Pittsburgh (or whichever surprise team gets there if it's not one of those four) and you're hosting the AFC Championship game.  Make a mental list of the teams you DON'T want to face if you're any of those teams.  How close are the Colts to the top?

3 minutes ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

Let's say for the sake of argument that you're either New England, Denver, Baltimore or Pittsburgh (or whichever surprise team gets there if it's not one of those four) and you're hosting the AFC Championship game.  Make a mental list of the teams you DON'T want to face if you're any of those teams.  How close are the Colts to the top?

The only reason the Colts make a top 6ish list like that is because the AFC is awful.  

And if I'm Pitt or New England I'm begging to play the Colts.

YES BUT THIS IS not a SUPER bowl bound team!  Andre Luck gets hit too much forced to throw 35-45 passes a game ,Running game despite last games improvement is still subpar we haven't had a 100 yard rusher in 53 regular season games plus defense looks old and slow where is the pass rush? we look like another 8-8  team at best at worst 7-9 or 6-10

On 9/26/2016 at 11:29 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't have a problem with someone bashing the team when we play bad but when the team wins it seems like certain people have a problem with the fans that are positive responding back. Hey if we lose talk it up if you are that type of fan, but if we win then let the games begin. It doesn't work one way, it works both ways.

its possible to win and still play like crap....  some just want the W others want perfection.  I see more potential with this team than just a last second win over a not very good SD team that played bad.

Be satisfied if you want but dont knock those of us that expect more