Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who will have a better season for the third time.....

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have a better season? For the third time

• Johnson
    • Moncrief
    • Dorsett

I started the first "Moncrief/Dorsett" thread.

Andre will win this poll, so I won't even vote. Really though, do we need three seperate threads to discuss Moncrief vs Dorsett? Honestly, Dustin could have just typed his response in my original thread and we could have kept all the discussion on this topic in one place.

It's making my head spin trying to keep up with three different threads and all the notifications I am getting here.

Andre will win this poll, so I won't even vote. Really though, do we need three seperate threads to discuss Moncrief vs Dorsett? Honestly, Dustin could have just typed his response in my original thread and we could have kept all the discussion on this topic in one place.

It's making my head spin trying to keep up with three different threads and all the notifications I am getting here.

I saw that you started the 1st one. It's funny how the only argument for Moncrief that can hold water is that he has a year of experience, and the fact that Dorsett is a rookie will hold him back. How fast people forget about the 2014 draft class and who our QB is, not too mention the fact that Dorsett is a 1st round pick and his measurables are off the chart. I wonder how many of the people commenting actually watched Dorsett's tape?

Andre, but Moncrief and Dorsett are going to be great too. Our receiving corps is going to be unbelievable  as a whole. If Carter is as good as we think he can be then what? He'll be stuck behind 4 studs. He'll get some snaps but it looks like his time will be in a year or 2 when AJ's gone. Unless he's just a beast and better than the other guys. I'll tell you who I wouldn't want to be. Vincent Brown. The thing is he's actually a really good 4th receiver, but if he isn't released he'll never see the field.

jnd.gif

jnd.gif

So in the NFL General board, if you make a post about the Pats, it immediately gets lumped together with a hundred others in the Deflategate Super Mega Uber thread, but we need three seperate threads to discuss our WR depth?

So in the NFL General board, if you make a post about the Pats, it immediately gets lumped together with a hundred others in the Deflategate Super Mega Uber thread, but we need three seperate threads to discuss our WR depth?

I will refer you to my previous post.

I think there's no question that it will be Johnson. I mean, he can wrap up and tackle hard, he can pressure the quarterback, and if need be, he can drop into coverage and cause some incompletions. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a 20-something sack season with a couple forced fumbles as well. We might as well give the DPOY award to Cam Johnson right now.

I think there's no question that it will be Johnson. I mean, he can wrap up and tackle hard, he can pressure the quarterback, and if need be, he can drop into coverage and cause some incompletions. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a 20-something sack season with a couple forced fumbles as well. We might as well give the DPOY award to Cam Johnson right now.

I think you may have just endured a minor stroke.

I think you may have just endured a minor stroke.

No... HE'S RIGHT!

Why didn't we see it sooner!?

Once Dorsett and Moncrief complete the fusion dance there will be no need for Johnson to play WR any longer!

BEHOLD! Dorcrief Monsett!!!

Carter needs to focus on making the final cut instead of being in a debated discussion.

Very true, but there's also no point in comparing a rookie and a 1 year guy too (for me atleast) one of best WR of the past 10 years.

Very true, but there's also no point in comparing a rookie and a 1 year guy too (for me atleast) one of best WR of the past 10 years.

Now there are rumblings from camp that Carter is looking pretty good also. Needless to

say that if Moncrief, Dorsett and Carter are number 3,4 and 5 on the depth chart, then

this team has abundance of talent at receiver.

Watching the Newsome video, LB is a LOADED position also. Hopefully we can pressure

the QB with these guys and the line can snuff the run up front. Can't wait for this team

to take the field!

There aren't enough yards/passes to go around.  I expect, if they are both healthy, that our 2 tight ends will be competing for the 2nd most yards and we may find that Fleener and Allen along with Johnson all surpass both Moncrief and Dorsett.   Look, Dorsett could be a total stud, eventual All Pro and that will be a nice thing to have... but it's a luxury right now when we could have had several Defensive studs instead which we DESPERATELY need.  If Fleener and Allen both get around 700 yards each, Dorsett and/or Moncrief will be doing well to hit 500.  

There aren't enough yards/passes to go around.  I expect, if they are both healthy, that our 2 tight ends will be competing for the 2nd most yards and we may find that Fleener and Allen along with Johnson all surpass both Moncrief and Dorsett.   Look, Dorsett could be a total stud, eventual All Pro and that will be a nice thing to have... but it's a luxury right now when we could have had several Defensive studs instead which we DESPERATELY need.  If Fleener and Allen both get around 700 yards each, Dorsett and/or Moncrief will be doing well to hit 500.  

We forgot all about Fleener and Allen. That is something else the defensive coach is going

to stay awake at night having to figure out on passing downs.  :)

Johnson is the easy answer, but I will say that, in my mind, there is an outside chance that Moncrief has progressed enough to use his insane measurables to their highest potential.

If that has happened and Johnson has declined more than we expect or has an injury, then Moncrief could have WR1 numbers...

Dorsett could break out as a rookie if something doesn't go well with Johnson as well, but I fully expect AJ to keep either of those guys from getting a ton of snaps... I'm thinking a few more than Moncrief/Nicks had last year split one way or the other...

Okay the 3rd chapter of this post has literally gone overboard!  Nor does anybody in their right mind think Moncrief or Dorsett will out produce Johnson (so these posts are pointless) now we are talking about Cam Johnson and Trent Richardson.  SMH, I don't even know why I waste my time...

I think Moncrief will have his first 1000 yard season

He will have Hakeem Nicks like numbers aka similar numbers he had last season!  Here is a somewhat logical breakdown 1100+ Johnson 1000+ Allen/Fleener 1500+ Dorsett 500+ Moncrief 500+and Carter 350+ Gore/Herron/Robinson/Ballard 700+... So Luck is set to break the record for most passing yards in a season lol

He will have Hakeem Nicks like numbers aka similar numbers he had last season! Here is a somewhat logical breakdown 1100+ Johnson 1000+ Allen/Fleener 1500+ Dorsett 500+ Moncrief 500+and Carter 350+ Gore/Herron/Robinson/Ballard 700+... So Luck is set to break the record for most passing yards in a season lol

So you think Breakdown will have 1100 yards receiving? I don't think he's ready for that type of load . . . He might . . . Breakdown.