Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

12% chance/starting 0-2 [Merge]

bap1331

Is it true that only 11% of the teams make it to the playoffs? I think its the dumbest thing ever because the Colts are no Bills or Browns. How about we prove it wrong! :D

Yea, that statistic is unrepresentative of anything because it accounts for teams like the infamous 0-16 Lions which would obviously skew the percentage.

Yea, that statistic is unrepresentative of anything because it accounts for teams like the infamous 0-16 Lions which would obviously skew the percentage.

lol true. To me, 0-2 means nothing. Its the first 2 games of the season and teams are always adjusting.

doesn't like to or does not no what to do??? I think it is the latter of the two. Guy is clueless

A guy who has only 2 years experience as an OC at the college level coming into the pros as an OC was never a good idea to begin with. I don't care if he worked with Andrew Luck in Stanford. That does not make him qualified to be OC at NFL level.

They all could get after the opposing QB.  The much maligned Erik Walden (IMO) is our best olb right now.

I agree but Werner is getting a little respect go back and watch they were chipping him with the back. We have the CB's on the outside to match up not sure why we don't dial up more blitzes. No Freeman tonight was a big loss 

The 1993 Cowboys, 2001 Pats, and 2007 Giants all started 0-2 and those were Super Bowl teams.

Ah, the voice of reason & something concrete I can hang my hat on. Thank you Bogie. It just feels darn good to see that in print as a proclamation of encouragement if nothing else. 

We [iNDY] lost to Denver & Philadelphia & Dallas actually beat the Titans. I was dumbfounded & I had nothing to laugh hysterically about & it truly sucked.  haha

[P.S. Your Saints will bounce back too BTW. Rob Ryan is too darn talented of a DC not too. They will get back on track this week my friend. They always play out of their minds in that dome.]

Werner might turn out to be a decent 2nd fiddle, but we really need to get someone in the future who will command respect and divert the opposing oline to give werner an opportunity to shine. If we look at his sr. year at FSU they had a really solid dline and it left him 1 on1 most if not all the time. Inflating his numbers.   I do agree not having freeman was a big loss.   This loss tonight really lays on Pep and his inability to allow Luck to play with his strength's.   

Nor will we win a division title.

Way too early to make that assertion yet Tor. Yes, Houston is playing some solid football right now & JJ Watt is both a defensive & offensive weapon, but anything can happen. It's only week 2 with 14 weeks to go. 

Not only that, our 2 losses were outside of the AFC South. Don't drag out INDY's funeral bagpipes just quite yet. 

Way too early to make that assertion yet Tor. Yes, Houston is playing some solid football right now & JJ Watt is both a defensive & offensive weapon, but anything can happen. It's only week 2 with 14 weeks to go. 

Not only that, our 2 losses were outside of the AFC South. Don't drag out INDY's funeral bagpipes just quite yet. 

I'm not doubting that the Colts could win the division. Fortunately we are not in the NFC West. I just had higher expectations for this team though. And without a pass rush and a consistent offensive line (along with a dismal coaching staff), I just don't know how the Colts can be seen as true contenders anymore.

Streak of not losing back to back games was snapped tonight

I can feel your frustration TK. Not the best way to start the season I agree 100% but you gotta look at the positives: Bradshaw is healthy & running like his old NY Giants SB days again, Jon Gruden tonight on MNF commented on a clean pocket for Luck to throw a pass a few times something no NFL analyst said last year, & Toler & Butler were hanging tight with opposing WRs all night long.

We gotta get TDs not FGs in the Red Zone that is really starting to trouble me actually. In the playoffs, FGs usually means you are going home. Yes, I realize we got multiple TDs tonight, but I want 6 points 90% of the time near the endzone not 3 points. 

I gotta give Punter Pat Mcafee some love tonight--No foolish tackles on the field & a great deep foot tonight with fantastic ball placement & hang time in the air. Bravo! 

I'm not doubting that the Colts could win the division. Fortunately we are not in the NFC West. I just had higher expectations for this team though. And without a pass rush and a consistent offensive line (along with a dismal coaching staff), I just don't know how the Colts can be seen as true contenders anymore.

I will concede that eventually a lack of a pass rush sooner than later will come to haunt a team & wreck their season. But once Freeman returns that should help generate additional pressure. I just feel so horrible for Robert Mathis. 1st a 4 game suspension & now a torn achilles...Man, I just hate seeing 1 of my favorite pass rushers go through this hades. Hang in there Robert. You're awesome buddy & you shall return to us next year with a vengeance. 

I was kind of surprised that WR Nicks had a lack luster night. I just expected him to be more dominant tonight. Well, if he was going to under perform, I'd rather see him do it in Sept. vs Nov. I guess. I will let it go for now just be ready to go & playing lights out no later than say Halloween for instance please. Thank you. 

I honestly wouldnt be shocked at another 11-5 season when I really looked at the schedule. I hope Im wrong, I wontvthe coaching staff gone. No chance of that happening going 11-5. We're officially the Bengals under Matvin Lewis

I don't think that the Colts are like the Bengals. Luck has a playoff victory and doesn't quite succumb to pressure like Dalton.  However, the Colts are taking a step back this season which is not a surprise IMO.  The roster still has too many holes - especially on defense.  Luck and the offense was always supposed top carry the team.  But that strategy is in jeopardy because the offense is out of sync.  Pep wants its identity to focus on the running game but their identity is Luck.  The Colts don't win until this get's figured out

If anyone has a chance is the colts. The weak division we play in, we have the best chance the over come that 12%

I agree with that but the division is not as weak as it once was. I would not be surprised to see the Colts lose twice in the division this year and I certainly think that Houston will win at least one of the games.

In my eyes the Colts are 100% chance.

12% is ridiculous in my observation!!  Nuff said by the big dog.   :)

It's based on statistics, and they don't take into account the reality of the situation.  Our division is weak (although not as weak as last year), and we already played arguably two of the best teams on our schedule.

Our problems have nothing to do with statistics, it's more to do with the holes in the defense.